Does a man have a moral obligation to pay for a date? (Details in description)

Loganz97

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 12:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, I actually do ask to go places that are free and we go! I don't think she is just using me for the food because she has much more money than I do. She actually offered to pay for herself though last night. Like I said in my original post I was just mainly trying to see if I had some sort of obligation as a man to pay
0 Replies

Loganz97

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 12:07 pm
@chai2,
That's definitely a possibility but I'm not thinking that's it. I've just always picked it up without question because I felt as if I had some obligation as a man to pay. She actually did offer to pay for herself last night though so maybe a step forward? Thanks for the reply!
chai2

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 12:11 pm
@Loganz97,
Did you take her up on her offer?

0 Replies

Loganz97

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 12:11 pm
@Krumple,
We did split the bill last night actually for the first time and she actually offered to. So hopefully it stays that way haha. I can't keep forking up 40 or 50 bucks every Saturday. But thanks again you were a lot of help!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2017 12:16 pm
@Loganz97,
That's good to hear. A more balanced relationship is better for both of you.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:14 am
My recent dates (noted that I'm in the Southeast of USA) all expect to pay and all have acted like it infringed on their manhood when I ask for separate checks.

I'm sure it's intended as a gentlemanly gesture, definitely instilled deeply within southern culture, so I'm patient and understanding when they protest, but I don't relent. Women who allow men to pay as default cannot claim to be feminists, in my view.

I do think- if the relationship progresses, the couple might make arrangements to suit them.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:15 am
@Loganz97,
Good for her!! (& you)
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 10:06 am
@Loganz97,
Not happening in Portugal. For us the concept is alien to say the least.
0 Replies