NAACP pays for votes with crack cocaine

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:35 am
JustWonders wrote:
I realize the Democrats here would prefer CNN's titling of the story over that chosen by Mysteryman, but how is it "spin" if the included details (the NAACP is mentioned, votes were allegedly paid for with crack cocaine.

Votes were not paid for in crack cocaine. That is not what the story is about. A more accurate title might be 'NAACP hires crackheads to register fictitious voters'.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:40 am
Oh, OK, then Smile That title should definitely make the complainers feel better.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
FreeDuck wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
I realize the Democrats here would prefer CNN's titling of the story over that chosen by Mysteryman, but how is it "spin" if the included details (the NAACP is mentioned, votes were allegedly paid for with crack cocaine.

Votes were not paid for in crack cocaine. That is not what the story is about. A more accurate title might be 'NAACP hires crackheads to register fictitious voters'.

FreeDuck,
This was taken right from the article...."The sheriff added that deputies and Toledo police had obtained a search warrant for the house where Pitts lives. He said officers confiscated drug paraphernalia and voter registration forms from the home.

Westrick said Pitts admitted paying Staton crack cocaine for the registrations in lieu of money. Westrick said he didn't know the legal status of Pitts and Jackson, who live outside his jurisdiction."

I didnt post the whole article,I made the mistake of thinking people would actually READ THE ARTICLE.
It states quite clearly that this Staton person was paid with crack cocaine for voter registrations.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 10:01 am
I hear you mm. But there is a distinction between paying for voter registrations and paying for actual votes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:16 am
Dog biscuits. There's nothing in the article that puts the illegalities higher than Pitts.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:35 am
Then Edgar and others, you will agree that it is wrong to blame Bush and company for the actions of Halliburton? They after all didn't do what Halliburton did; they just gave them the contract. You will apologize for blaming the administration for Abu Ghraib? They didn't commit the abuse of prisoners; they just hired those who hired those who assigned those who did. However, the administration did audit Halliburton and called them on possible discrepancies and they apologized for and prosecuted the guilty in the case of Abu Ghraib.

When I see the NAACP leadership condemn the practice of buying votes with ANYTHING, let alone crack cocaine, I'll agree the NAACP is not culpable in this matter.

And it is not racist to call the NAACP on questionable practices. It is far more racist to let them off the hook because they are black.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:44 am
Interesting point Foxfyre. Can they have it both ways?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:46 am
They try McG. They try.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 04:45 pm
Horse feces. You have to take each one of those cases individually and dissect them until blame is laid. Not on topic anyway. You guys are trying to drum up racially charged hysteria here over a nothing issue.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 04:48 pm
The only one who has played the race card here Edgar is your side.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 04:53 pm
Silly me, buy I suppose all the RWN's would be up in arms if somebody had a thread title that said "Bush paid for 9-11" with a trail to how some Saudi paid money to Bin Laden. A money trail doesn't lead to the top, but that person is still responsible for his/her actions. Who ever hired the crackhead to pay for voter registration with crack should be fired.

Not to call out the RNC as clean, they pay for registrations ALL the time!!! Do I need to bring up Sproul again?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 04:58 pm
Well I've been working pretty closely with the GOP here in New Mexico. I see every mailing, every e-mail, every ad, every promo, every solicitation, and every outline for telephone calls. I haven't seen one shred of suggestion that anybody should be bribed, coerced, frightened, or rewarded in any way for their vote or registration. I can't even get a decent cup of coffee out of the deal.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:06 pm
You can rationalize it all you want. You are so desperate to hang something on the NAACP you will accept any half baked notion that gets thrown out there.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:43 pm
Edgar,
Chad Staton was hired by Georgianne Pitts,who was hired by Thaddeus Jackson II of Cleveland to obtain voter registrations.
Now,Thaddeus Jackson is the assistant Ohio director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

There is your DIRECT LINK to the NAACP.
You cannot deny the connection,no matter how much you try.
Now,since this woman was hired by THad Jackson,she had to have his approval or oversight to do her job.

So,if she was paying for voter registrations with crack cocaine,then the NAACP official,Thad Jackson,either gave her tacit approval,or was derelict in doing his job.
If he let her pay with crack,EVEN if he didnt know,he is still responsible,because HE HIRED HER!!!!!!!

The money trail goes back to the NAACP official,no matter how you try and deny it.
Also,why hasnt the NAACP come out and denounced her actions? They have been strangely silent about the whole thing.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:45 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
You can rationalize it all you want. You are so desperate to hang something on the NAACP you will accept any half baked notion that gets thrown out there.

Can the NAACP do no wrong in your eyes, Edgar. Is it possible they did wrong here?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:54 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well I've been working pretty closely with the GOP here in New Mexico. I see every mailing, every e-mail, every ad, every promo, every solicitation, and every outline for telephone calls. I haven't seen one shred of suggestion that anybody should be bribed, coerced, frightened, or rewarded in any way for their vote or registration. I can't even get a decent cup of coffee out of the deal.

And I'm sure that's also true for most DNC led voter drives as well. Can we agree that we are 1 and 1? Sproul for republicans, NAACP for democrats.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:30 pm
Whether or not the NAACP can do wrong is not the topic I came here to discuss. The fact you want to send a lasso up the line until you snag real NAACP members is a travesty.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:06 pm
Quote:
"a business card"

That isn't exactly proof now, is it? I can obtain any number of business cards and pass myself off as anybody.

I can even get them printed.

Quote:
'Hey, I'm George Bush, President of the United States. Here's my business card, so I must be the real thing. Yeah, I don't look like I do on TV, but HERE'S MY BUSINESS CARD!'
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:59 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Whether or not the NAACP can do wrong is not the topic I came here to discuss. The fact you want to send a lasso up the line until you snag real NAACP members is a travesty.

Nice dodge of the question. :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:42 pm
I wonder what somebody comes here to discuss on a thread related to wrongdoing in the NAACP? Smile
0 Replies