Statistics of today, compare after Trump first year

izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Queen is the head of state, and she's not said anything, as is expected of her.

Theresa May's response has been muted at best, she's being compared with Tony Blair coming back from Washington having "successfully" stopped the Iraq war.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 10:55 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
MPs will debate whether US President Trump should be granted a UK state visit, as a petition against the idea nears 1.7 million signatures.

The debate, on 20 February, will also take in a second petition calling for the visit to go ahead, signed by more than 100,000 people.

Mr Trump has imposed a temporary US travel ban on people from seven mainly Muslim countries.

This prompted demonstrations across the UK on Monday.

And, on Tuesday, Home Secretary Amber Rudd called the ban "divisive", adding that so-called Islamic State could exploit it as a "propaganda opportunity".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38814346
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 05:37 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm beginning to think that's what Trump et al actually want.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 01:39 am
@ossobucotemp,
Authoritarian regimes need perpetual war, and another 9/11 would give him the opportunity to launch a Patriot Act mk2. Criticism of Trump becomes criticism of America.
saab

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 02:27 am
@izzythepush,
http://jyllands-posten.dk/pictures/NICA_Billede__free_/image/9332080/v6vbod/ALTERNATES/e-4_3/60084584.jpg

From the Danish newpaper Jyllands Posten
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 02:41 am
@saab,
That's spot on.
saab

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 03:26 am
@izzythepush,
http://jyllands-posten.dk/pictures/NICA_Billede__free_/image/9335217/9j24ar/ALTERNATES/h-free/60108412.jpg
Islamic State !
Is not on the list - Welcome to USA

again from Jyllandsposten
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 10:00 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Authoritarian regimes need perpetual war

I wonder how long until one is manufactured for us. It would do wonders for the nationalistic momentum.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 08:20 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Well there is Mexico and their blatant refusal to pay for the wall.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 09:09 pm
@RABEL222,
I need to refurbish my spanish.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 11:10 pm
@RABEL222,
I was thinking of Mexico. It would have to be a country that was big enough to give us a fight but small enough that it wouldn't be too big a drain on the economy. Mexico is close (convenient) and there is already a hostile sentiment towards them in the US. Also, I doubt that a whole lot of other countries would come running to Mexico's aid and risk war with the USA. Of course we would have to make it look like Mexico started it.
roger

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 11:26 pm
@TomTomBinks,
What would we do with it if we won?
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 11:51 pm
@roger,
The idea isn't to win, it's to have an ongoing conflict, a constant enemy. This is an excuse for authoritarian rule, maybe even martial law. The war uses up resources (Make America Work Again) and keeps the nationalists enthusiastic.
roger

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 12:03 am
@TomTomBinks,
Aha! Good thing I'm not in charge of strategy.

Concentration camps for our own Latinos and their decedents?
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 12:14 am
@roger,
OK, hadn't thought of that. Too many Latinos to incarcerate. Scrap Mexico, we'll have to think of another target.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:20 am
@TomTomBinks,
He just said that every nation in the world has been taking advantage of America so he's casting his net pretty wide. Not everyone can piss off China, Iran and Australia all in one day.

I'm thinking Nauru, it's pretty small, and the centre of a row between US and Oz about what to do with a load of refugees.
roger

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:49 am
@izzythepush,
What about Granada? We haven't invaded them for the longest time.
layman

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 02:54 am
@roger,
Trump thinks BIG. He's not gunna settle for mere countries, he's lookin for continents, like South America (and the rest of north america, of course).
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 10:14 am
@izzythepush,
That's it! Australia. It's big, so it will take time. And we won't have to put anyone into camps (at least not here).
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 10:16 am
@roger,
They are due for an invasion...
0 Replies