Cold calling with no voice, and golden showers with midgets.

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:13 am
Mondays are my days when I'm in the office(read: bedroom) and make prospecting and follow up phone calls.

I was at the game last night. I broke up with my girlfriend before I went. I was drinking. I was with many people. I was acting like myself: total clown, yelling and mocking idiots. There are too many "I's" in this sentence.

Quest: How am I supposed to make calls when I sound like a 13 year old who's voice just started changing today?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,191 • Replies: 58
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:17 am
Did you actually break up with your girlfriend?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:18 am
I can't tell whether you're bragging or complaining.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:18 am
Note contrasting levels of sensitivity in previous replies...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:19 am
Would I lie to you, Soz? I knew you'd be reading, and I thought, "Soz is going to be reading this, I better not lie about breaking up with my girlfriend, because Soz can smell a liar from many miles away and she'll drive out to Boston and kick my pathetic ass."

Yes, I did. Fighting too much...time to walk.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:20 am
George wrote:
I can't tell whether you're bragging or complaining.

Neither. I really can't speak though. I made a call to someone and my voice cracked twice. Very professional.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
Maybe you could say "Hello. This is Peter Brady and I'm calling about..."

You're sure to trap all the baby boomers in for a listen just for that!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:30 am
Hot tea with whiskey and honey.
Trust me, I come from Irish stock.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:32 am
You could call up and sing "Time to Change" (see: http://www.bradyresidence.com/songs.html ) Snaps to boomer for the crossed Brady reference.

Okay, serious suggestion: hot tea with honey and lemon, don't smoke (I don't know if you do, but if you do, don't at least for the day), don't hang around people who smoke, and try not to talk unless you absolutely have to. I have allergies so for me it helps to take allergy meds and stay away from allergens (uh, that's pretty much everything, heh), so if you are allergic to ragweed or whatever try to stay inside and away from it and only go out quickly to grab lunch and then come right back, don't go running around some flowered area if it's an irritant.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:35 am
I suggest a hair of the dog...a hooker....and chalk this day up to experience.....don't worry when you wake up tomorrow feeling like yourself again....the world and everything about it will still suck.....your problems will all still be there.....and your girlfriend will be gruge f*#king someone else........relax....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:37 am
Can I kick your pathetic ass for breaking up with her?

Ah well. You guys were together for quite a while, that'll be good for you in the long run no matter how you slice it. (How long was it?)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:38 am
I do not smoke. Except heavy amounts of crack cocaine.

I might have to grab some tea. I don't think I have any biscuits.

BPB, I'm not waking up tomorrow thinking the world sucks. Are you kidding me? I'm single with a strong pimp hand.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:41 am
sozobe wrote:
Can I kick your pathetic ass for breaking up with her?

Ah well. You guys were together for quite a while, that'll be good for you in the long run no matter how you slice it. (How long was it?)

Uh-oh...are you watching Oprah again? I'm the bad guy who goes breaking hearts of all the poor defenseless females...hang me in public while all the women stone me while holding pints of Ben&Jerrys in their non-throwing hands.

We started seeing each other June last year...so it was a while.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:42 am
I know I know I went to ah well quick. But you haven't said much about what's up with her, last I knew is when you said actually she was sweet and wonderful and you had no good reason to break up with her.

More than a year, that's cool.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:47 am
I was at the game last night. I broke up with my girlfriend before I went. I was drinking. I was with many people. I was acting like myself: total clown, yelling and mocking idiots. There are too many "I's" in this sentence.

19 by my count. Act yer age. Wink
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:51 am
Soz, pretty simple. Constant bickering, and everthing was a huge issue to her. I have never fought with girls before. Just realized it isn't worth it when I couldn't always be myself in certain situations because I didn't want to start a fight. So...on to the next ex.

Cav, I do act my age. My high school age. I have to make up for my shyness at that stage somehow.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:56 am
Well, constant bickering ain't good.

Seriously, it's cool that you tried that hard for that long, and I think it's valuable in and of itself and will serve you well in the future.

Now back to our regular golden shower felching midget whatever programming...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:01 am
felching?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:02 am
Strange what a mannerly , lucid poster Slappy is when he's sicky-poo.Enjoyable thread.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:11 am
jespah wrote:
felching?

http://www.odd-sex.com/info/gloss283.htm

remember, I'm just the messenger.....you hadda ask....
0 Replies