What does she mean when she tells me she is not ready for a relationship

Answ

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 07:10 pm
So I met this amazing girl last year. She is one of the funniest,prettiest,and nicest girl I ever met. We share quite a bit in common and such. We talked and started to get to know each other better. She started to give me hugs like 3 times a weeks and such, sometimes they came out of no where. Eventually homecoming came along and I chickened out about asking her to the dance but I still went anyway. Some how she didn't have a date so we both ended up being each others dance partners for the evening where she then asked me if I wanted to go with her and her friends for a bite to eat after the dance. So of course I said yes! A about a month or two passes and it is new years eve. We all get together to celebrate and we go out for a walk. Eventually it gets cold out and she grabs my hand and says she is trying to warm her hand up but it wasn't even that cold (her hand that is) and we hold hands for a while. I realize then and there that I really really love her. About a week passes and I try to ask her out twice but I chicken out both times. So I end up texting her about how I feel. She responds saying that She is not ready for a relationship but tells me that Im a very lovable guy and that she loves the time we have spent together but, says she has to focus on this year and her working on her future career. And says that she hopes this doesn't affect our friendship. I want to know If her say she is not ready for a relationship, is a way of saying I just see you as a friend and want it to stay that way or if she REALLY is not ready but is considering me as an option for when the time comes. ( if so I can and will wait)

chai2

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 07:22 pm
She seemed very clear to me. I would go exactly by what she said.

If you want to know if there's a chance something may develope later on, you'll have to ask her, as no one can read her mind.

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 09:21 pm
@Answ,
Answ wrote:

So I met this amazing girl last year. She is one of the funniest,prettiest,and nicest girl I ever met. We share quite a bit in common and such. We talked and started to get to know each other better. She started to give me hugs like 3 times a weeks and such, sometimes they came out of no where. Eventually homecoming came along and I chickened out about asking her to the dance but I still went anyway. Some how she didn't have a date so we both ended up being each others dance partners for the evening where she then asked me if I wanted to go with her and her friends for a bite to eat after the dance. So of course I said yes! A about a month or two passes and it is new years eve. We all get together to celebrate and we go out for a walk. Eventually it gets cold out and she grabs my hand and says she is trying to warm her hand up but it wasn't even that cold (her hand that is) and we hold hands for a while. I realize then and there that I really really love her. About a week passes and I try to ask her out twice but I chicken out both times. So I end up texting her about how I feel. She responds saying that She is not ready for a relationship but tells me that Im a very lovable guy and that she loves the time we have spent together but, says she has to focus on this year and her working on her future career. And says that she hopes this doesn't affect our friendship. I want to know If her say she is not ready for a relationship, is a way of saying I just see you as a friend and want it to stay that way or if she REALLY is not ready but is considering me as an option for when the time comes. ( if so I can and will wait)

Friend zone. She only considers you a friend. Telling you all that stuff about needing to focus on this year and not ready for a relationship is her nice way of saying shes not interested.

You chickened out and she knows plus your behavior around her probably reveals you are scared of her, lack confidence and would become too needy if she dated you.

This one won't go any further than it is right now.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 12:24 am
I farging hate that term "friend zone".

As if no one has ever been friends before becoming involved.

It's the thing someone says right before "I give up"

Also it's always directed at women like it's something we/they "do" to men. It also implies the word "bitch" should be used used about the female that is inflicting this curse on some poor male.

centrox

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 02:23 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
I farging hate that term "friend zone".

Friend zone is a concept that exists in the minds of a certain type of man, one who thinks that he should be entitled to have sex with any woman he wants, and that the ones who don't find him attractive are somehow just doing it to be difficult.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 07:02 am
@centrox,
It really just means that he's not going any further. (Or is that farther?)

Funny, I don't hear guys use the term. They say "just not that in to her."
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 09:51 am
@PUNKEY,
As far as I can recall, it's only men that use that term about women. Yes they will say "I'm not into her" when it's their rejecting a female, but when the situation is reversed, they will announce that that she put him in the FZ. You won't hear them saying "she just wasn't into me"
centrox

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 10:12 am
@chai2,
Chai2 wrote:
You won't hear them [men] saying "she just wasn't into me"
Some do say that.
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 10:27 am
@centrox,
Sorry, yes. The good ones certainly do.
centrox

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 10:42 am
@chai2,
It is the rational response. Pointless to flog a dead horse.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 01:12 pm
@centrox,
My mother used to say, "Don't try to feed a dead horse."
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 03:40 pm
I honestly can't see the problem. I can see that I am not equally attracted to all women. Some are gorgeous, some are great, some just don't light a spark in me. Also, beyond the visual attraction, there is the question of personality, beliefs, values, lifestyle, etc. So not all are going to ring my bell. Surely it is rational to understand that it is the same for women. Not all guys are going to ring their bells either. If I should find that I am keen on a woman but I am in the section of male humanity that don't ring her bell, or I do but she has other things to do right now, well, best to be stoical and move on.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 03:54 pm
@centrox,
wise man (not meant sardonically)
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 02:34 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

As far as I can recall, it's only men that use that term about women. Yes they will say "I'm not into her" when it's their rejecting a female, but when the situation is reversed, they will announce that that she put him in the FZ. You won't hear them saying "she just wasn't into me"

Well your premise is false because, I said it.
centrox

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 02:35 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
Well your premise is false because, I said it.

We already cleared that up.
0 Replies