John Kerry's Military Discharge

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
To think there actually is scum in America who would trash the record of a guy who served honorably...and who placed himself in danger when called...
You guys should be more than embarrassed and ashamed of yorselves...you ought to be in hiding somewhere so that people don't have to look at you.

I think you should be less liberal with words like scum in reference to those who are suspicious of Kerry's repeated claims of heroism in view of (1) his betrayal of his comrades after he returned; (2) The facts that have emerged about his 13 week combat tour; (3) His refusal to release the available records of his medical treatment for the three "wounds" he received and the resulting medals through which he got an early trip home; and (4) his refusal to release the 201 file which would document the details of his discharge, interesting in view of his illegal activity while still in the Naval Reserve and the OTH discharge that was the usual result in such cases.

I broke an arm ejecting from an aircraft over the Gulf of Tonkin after taking a hit near Vinh. No Purple Heart because the injury was not the direct result of enemy fire. I, and everyone I knew, would have been embarrassed to ask for one.

Well, thank you for sharing that, George.

IF you don't mind, though, I will stick with "scum" in my sentence....and change it to "goddam, low-life scum" to show you how I really feel.

If some of the scum trashing people who actually went to fight when called rather than ducking...want to be scum, this is America....and they can be as scummy as they want.

In the meantime....the moron, George Bush, and damn near all of his closest advisors...ducked!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
Bush is flawed, Kerry's a fraud.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
Sorry Frank, I forgot. Which branch did you say you served in?
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:48 pm
George we thank you for your service as well!

Frank, it is ok for vets to question a vets service when something just doesnt add up and we know the regulations covering things that dont quite add up.

Kerry must be a scum sucker then. A vet is someone who served in a time of war whether they were on the battle grounds or not.

I havent heard Bush personally question kerrys military service just people in his party. Kerry on the other hand question's bush's national guard record and his "capacity of which he served" By your standards that would make Kerry what you are calling us. SCUM SUCKERS,

We can end it at the purple hearts, but tell me again what Heroic act was it that earned kerry the silver and bronze stars... we have bigger heros in this Iraq war and a few others that recieved just a pat on the back for some very heroic actions, like actually saving the many lives of others....
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:50 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
To think there actually is scum in America who would trash the record of a guy who served honorably...and who placed himself in danger when called...
You guys should be more than embarrassed and ashamed of yorselves...you ought to be in hiding somewhere so that people don't have to look at you.

I think you should be less liberal with words like scum in reference to those who are suspicious of Kerry's repeated claims of heroism in view of (1) his betrayal of his comrades after he returned; (2) The facts that have emerged about his 13 week combat tour; (3) His refusal to release the available records of his medical treatment for the three "wounds" he received and the resulting medals through which he got an early trip home; and (4) his refusal to release the 201 file which would document the details of his discharge, interesting in view of his illegal activity while still in the Naval Reserve and the OTH discharge that was the usual result in such cases.

I broke an arm ejecting from an aircraft over the Gulf of Tonkin after taking a hit near Vinh. No Purple Heart because the injury was not the direct result of enemy fire. I, and everyone I knew, would have been embarrassed to ask for one.

IF you don't mind, though, I will stick with "scum" in my sentence....and change it to "goddam, low-life scum" to show you how I really feel.

If some of the scum trashing people who actually went to fight when called rather than ducking...want to be scum, this is America....and they can be as scummy as they want.

In the meantime....the moron, George Bush, and damn near all of his closest advisors...ducked!

Frank calm down, think about the blood pressure. Are you a Clinton fan?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:57 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I was in the Strategic Air Command during the 1050's.

I never saw action....and I am damn happy I didn't.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:59 pm
I thought it was the Air Force.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:01 pm
cannistershot wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Frank calm down, think about the blood pressure.

My blood pressure is, if anything, slightly low...but well withing desireable range.

Quote:
Are you a Clinton fan?

I think Bill Clinton was an excellent president...who truly attempted to bring both sides together despite the fact that the rabid right threw a temper tantrum when he won...and showed that they did not have the clout they erroneously supposed they had over America. I think Bill Clinton attempted...and succeeded, for the most part, to govern from the middle of the political specturm.

I think Hillary Clinton is an exceptional...and gifted woman...and I hope she does run for president at some point. I most assuredly will vote for her if she does.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:02 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I hope that you mean 1950's, or I need to re-read my history books. Korea? or after.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:04 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
cannistershot wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Frank calm down, think about the blood pressure.

My blood pressure is, if anything, slightly low...but well withing desireable range.

Quote:
Are you a Clinton fan?

I think Bill Clinton was an excellent president...who truly attempted to bring both sides together despite the fact that the rabid right threw a temper tantrum when he won...and showed that they did not have the clout they erroneously supposed they had over America. I think Bill Clinton attempted...and succeeded, for the most part, to govern from the middle of the political specturm.

I think Hillary Clinton is an exceptional...and gifted woman...and I hope she does run for president at some point. I most assuredly will vote for her if she does.

Please explain the difference between Clinton's being in the guard and Bush doing the same.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:06 pm
Armyvet35 wrote:
George we thank you for your service as well!

Frank, it is ok for vets to question a vets service when something just doesnt add up and we know the regulations covering things that dont quite add up.

Kerry must be a scum sucker then. A vet is someone who served in a time of war whether they were on the battle grounds or not.

I havent heard Bush personally question kerrys military service just people in his party. Kerry on the other hand question's bush's national guard record and his "capacity of which he served" By your standards that would make Kerry what you are calling us. SCUM SUCKERS,

We can end it at the purple hearts, but tell me again what Heroic act was it that earned kerry the silver and bronze stars... we have bigger heros in this Iraq war and a few others that recieved just a pat on the back for some very heroic actions, like actually saving the many lives of others....

I have not commented on Kerry's record...or his purple hearts. I personally think that all this attack of his record by conservatives...the same people who pilloried Bill Clinton for his dodging of service...is one of the most dastardly things I've ever personally witnessed...and it is without a doubt one of the most hypocritical actions also.

Bush is a moron...and his administration is so incredibly incompetent...I cannot understand how an obviously intelligent individual such as you can possibly be suckered into voting to retain them.

This president and this administration disgust me.

What else can I tell ya?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:06 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

There was no Strategic Air Command in the 1050's.

So you would be a scum-sucking hypocrite then for questioning Bush service and for calling other vets scum suckers.

Being in the military myself, I would love to see the full "record" of Kerry's service. Why has no one in the press sought Kerry's record through the freedom of information act? Could it be because he has the press in his pocket not to question his service?

Your candidate is a fraud a phony a war criminal and a back stabbing son-of-a-b*tch.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:12 pm
Uh oh we are getting hostile.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
Frank is a lot of things, but he is not a liar.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:20 pm
Quote:

I don't think he was calling anyone a liar; just stating the obvious.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
Quote:
Strategic Air Command (SAC), former command of the U.S. air force (see Air Force, United States Department of the) charged with organizing, training, equipping, administering, and preparing strategic air forces for combat; it was headquartered at Offutt Air Force Base. From 1946 to 1992, SAC controlled most U.S. strategic nuclear weapons. Its bombers and guided missiles played a key role in the nuclear strategy of the cold war.

maybe not 1050 - but it was around in 1950

http://reference.allrefer.com/encyclopedia/S/StratAC.html

http://www.strategic-air-command.com/history/history-00.htm

let's see - over 33,000 google hits on " strategic air command + u.s. + history + 1950 "
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
or was Baldimo just being obtuse?

doubt it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:25 pm
*side note* I was born at Offutt AFB... /side note
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 02:41 pm
frank

I'm starting to lose track.

Are people who trash a Vet's record scum, only if they didn't serve themselves, or are all such people scum?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:24 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Sorry, Baldimo...I didn't realize you were quite so ignorant.

There most assuredly was a SAC in the 1950's...and I was stationed on several SAC bases during that time. My date of entry into service was 4/11/54 and I served active duty until 11/28/57.

Thank you ever so much for calling the typo to my attention.

Quote:
So you would be a scum-sucking hypocrite then for questioning Bush service and for calling other vets scum suckers.

Really! With reasoning like that...I'm surprised you are not a shoemaker.

Quote:
Being in the military myself, I would love to see the full "record" of Kerry's service.

Look up the words non sequitur in a dictionary!

Quote:
Why has no one in the press sought Kerry's record through the freedom of information act? Could it be because he has the press in his pocket not to question his service?

Aha...so you think Kerry has the press in his pocket. Lucky for you, you are more ignorant than I thought.

Quote:
Your candidate is a fraud a phony a war criminal and a back stabbing son-of-a-b*tch.

My, my. And coming from a guy who is supporting a moron who ran away from service when it was his turn. My, my, my.
0 Replies