The Best Movie Of All Time

recklesssarcastic

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 03:42 pm
those are included in my favorite movies of all time....there are too many to name, but as they were talking about war movies above, I was obliged to name a few of the war movies that I felt were among the greatest movies of all time.
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 04:02 pm
Lightwizard is correct- I am sorry for starting this 'war movie sub-thread'.

Hmm, my favourite movie of all time...one that I could watch over and over...

"All About Eve," with Betty Davis.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:30 pm
Naw, no big deal but I should have given you a link to the anti-war movie thread, and earlier there was a favorite war movie thread.

Okay, the script for "All Above Eve" has been lauded by many critics to be the best ever written. It has indelible wit and makes a very talky movie enthralling.

BTW, welcome to NobelCon and recklesssarcastic (like in "Amadeus," that's almost too many esses.) It could be the wreck of someone who lisps.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:40 pm
The anti-war movie thread:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49766
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:45 pm
I did not know about that. The dialogue is fantastic and quite witty, and, I suppose, that is why I enjoy it.

Also, M. Monroe is in it. I think she is absolutely beautiful. :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:51 pm
She did rather stand out! You don't suppose she was that bumpy road? Knockers up!
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:17 pm
And who is that actor that played Addison DeWitt? What a performance!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:07 pm
George Saunders

They were all great in that movie. If there were an award for alltime best ensemble acting, they should get it.
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:41 pm
Everyone indeed...including Betty Davis's attendant.

You seem very knowledgable on movies. I have another question:

Have you heard of an actor named Derren Nesbitt (The Prisoner, Where Eagles Dare)?
0 Replies

recklesssarcastic

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:46 pm
hehehe...recklethhtharcathtic....hehehe...Thankya, I just came here...fairly recently. About a week. At first I came because of the creative writing thread...but I've branched out, and posted more in other threads than there...oh well...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 08:22 am
NobleCon wrote:
Everyone indeed...including Betty Davis's attendant.

You seem very knowledgable on movies. I have another question:

Have you heard of an actor named Derren Nesbitt (The Prisoner, Where Eagles Dare)?

Of course, I recognize the name -- a British actor who has quite a filmography:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0626352/

I don't have every detail about the movies implanted in my head so IMDb is invaluable or my fairly comprehensive library of books on film.
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 08:53 pm
LIghtwizard, what is your e-mail address? I have an idea for a quality script... :wink:
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 08:54 pm
A thriller... Cool
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 09:03 pm
Greatest movie I've ever seen?

Probably Tarantino's "True Romance".
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
While Tarentino was the scripter of "True Romance," he didn't direct it -- that was Tony Scott.

But the greatest movie one has ever seen? That reveals a lot.

A good movie because of a sharply written script.
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:50 am
I have another favourite:

"Kelly's Heroes," with Clint Eastwood ( Cool ) and Telly Savalas ( :wink: ).
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 07:55 pm
That next-to-final scene in True Romance contains a statement, i.e. Tarantino is basically saying something like "This is what I think of the typical hollywood actor, and of the typical hollywood director; this is what they look like to me..."
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 09:56 pm
And what of 'Dr. Strangelove' or 'The Pink Panther'? Any opinions?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:41 am
Of course, "Dr. Strangelove" appears on many top ten lists and inparticular the Sight and Sound poll of director's choices. "The Pink Panther" series was great until "Revenge," which descended into too much slapstick and not enough story (nor really funny lines).
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 02:33 pm
I believe "Dr. Strangelove" is one of the best, "black" comedies of all time and Peter Sellers deserved 3 Best Supporting Actor Oscars for his triple threat as Group Captain Lionel Mandrake, U.S. President Murton Muffley and the title role. Acting kudos also go to George C. Scott as the maniacal Gen. Buck Turgison, Sterling Hayden as the bodily-fluid obsessed Gen. Jack Ripper and Slim Pickens as the original gung ho Maj. Kong. I suppose most people caught James Earl Jones in what must have been one of his earliest screen roles as one of the crewmen of the "little bomber that could" that eluded the Russky defenses and touched off Armageddon. An absolutely superb movie!
0 Replies