Should I make a move or not

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 09:28 am
So I’ve to know this girl for 5 months now and she helped me through a rough patch that happened a few months ago. I always considered her as a friend and I believe she did too. Well, that is until recently. Now I would have just done this myself without needing other people helping me decide, but this situation is more complicated than it seems.

So as I said, me and her have been friends for a long time 5 months to be in fact. And I dated another girl within that time span and it didn’t work out but luckily I got out of that. During this time frame, she was seeing my best friend. They weren’t serious and only saw each other on two dates and things didn’t work out between them either and my friend started telling everyone in her six form that she “lead him on” When in my opinion, the relationship was forced and meaningless. After all, I was the one who organised their first date, where they would go and I asked her out for him.

I was heavily involved in the break up hearing both sides and giving them both advice. I suggested to both of them that maybe they weren’t meant for each other. My friend partially agreed with me while she fully agreed with me. She ended up ending things with him.

After this all happened, she started seeing me more and more. She came to my house after her six form and we talked about the thing that happened between her and my friend. We decided that we would go out the next day and talk some more.

I went on this day out and we had lots of fun together. We were in the town in which she lives and at the end of the night, I walked her home and she invited me in, I refused her offer because her parents were ill and it was too soon after the thing happened between her and my friend; even though I don’t think she meant anything by inviting me in, it just felt a bit wrong.

As I got back to the train station, I messaged her and told her that I had a really fun night out and that we should do it again sometime. She said the same and we organised to do it again in two weeks.

After that, I started to become attracted to her. Throughout the following week, we messaged each other every day (We would not normally do this before the night out) she came over mine twice, once by her request and the second by mine and just yesterday we went out together with one of our mutual friends and went to her place where I met her parents we all talked for a bit.

I get the feeling she likes me back because every time we see each other there’s an abundance of physical contact like touching each other on the arms and tickling each other (Pretty gay I know). And the fact that she’s messaged me daily.

Now, what my question is, how should I make a move on her. For example, should I tell her that I like her or kiss her when the moment is there? And should I even do it at all, should we remain friends? I’ve known her so long as a friend that I fear she would reject me for that very reason, but her actions over the past two weeks contradict that. And that whole thing between her and my friend, I feel as if he isn’t fully over her because the last time I spoke to him he held a bunch of resentments for her and if he hears that I’ve been seeing her or learns that I’ve asked her out might push him over the edge for a while (His not a very mature person).

So should I make the move and how should I do it if so? In my opinion, I want to, even at the expense of damaging one of my best friend’s feelings for awhile but I feel this will help him get over it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 707 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 09:34 am
Stay focused. Concentrate on you and her and what happens when you are together. Ignore all others' comments or concerns.

From what you have described, she likes you A LOT and the signals are there for you to move to the next level. Tell her you have feelings for her and ask if you are right in thinking that she is interested in more than being just friends. She will let you know. Then you can tell if you should kiss her or not.

(PS Meeting the parents should have given you a clue.)
Rekt-angled

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2017 09:39 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you... Again (:
0 Replies

Rekt-angled

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 01:18 pm
@PUNKEY,
Update: I sort of forgot to do this lol. So two weeks ago I did ask her (sort of)

So basically me and her were alone and I said to her if she had feelings for my friend still, and she said she had none anymore. Then I asked her"How long would you leave it before seeing someone else and she said she thinks she'd leave it awhile or something because she wouldn't want to upset my friend.

So in the end, I decided not to ask her because she said she'd leave it awhile. Plus I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship especially if she said she'd leave it awhile. I still like her.

Any thoughts?
0 Replies