ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 03:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm trying to remember my first time at a dim sum place in an LA chinatown spot, my confusion. That could be a painting. I had trouble hearing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 05:28 am
Last night the 20TH Century vanished. There was no Roosevelt or Kennedys or Civil Rights Act. McKinley was succeeded by Trump.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:31 pm
There recently opened a new Walmart up the street. It has features no other Walmart has, so it made the national news. Only thing is, the residents surrounding the new store fought it, because they did not wish to cope with the traffic. Which is understandable. The last two times I drove that way I got stuck in a traffic jam. Then, there is the fact traffic gets hung up when trains cross over. The point I am about to make, about the new store, it is being boycotted by the angry ones. I went in for the first time today, at around three o'clock. This huge state of the art store was nearly empty. It's an eerie feeling to walk an empty store and the staff standing idle, hoping for a break, before the place is forced out of business.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 08:02 am
@edgarblythe,
Some say the handwriting is on the Wal -marts, and their brothers. It's go cyber or die time.

Fix the traffic problems too. Let the driverless brown trucks deliver it to your door. Groceries too eventually. Maybe even via drones.

Party on, I say
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:47 pm
I bean planting new stuff. Most excited for three dogwoods.Most of the new stuff is to shield me from the neighbors' view. Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:50 pm
Yesterday, winking at Rocky. He winks back. To make sure he winked on purpose, I waited until today to try it again. Sure enough, if I wink at him he winks back.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 07:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm keen on dogwoods. Had a glorious one back it North North.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 01:28 pm
I have read that many first efforts by writers are of the "poor pitiful me" variety. It would be easy to mistake my book for that kind, at a cursory glance. But it would be to overlook the struggling back against seeming insurmountable odds and the ultimate triumph that crowns this work in the final pages. I don't claim the book will make waves or even a ripple. Only that I just saw the cover and was advised that publication date is April 14.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2017 08:17 am
We exchanged communications, re the book cover. The artist misunderstood and portrayed the dead brother as a child of eight years or so, when he was in his seventies. I eagerly await the redo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 02:09 pm
I am repeatedly described on these forums as a grouch. Well, *^#!*_(#!**^~ is all I have to say about it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 04:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
The hash-tags says it all.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm no grouch. I'm a curmudgeon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 09:50 pm
I almost missed Rocky's fifth birthday. The vet sent him a nice birthday card, which alerted me. I gave him a hot dog in lieu of a cake. He was two years and three months when I rescued him from the SPCA.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2017 10:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Happy Birthday, Rocky, darling and doofus.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 05:53 am
I won't be around for a time today. The truck is behaving badly. I have to take it to the shop to be reprogrammed. Do try to get by without me, a2k.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 03:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
We're gonna try real hard. Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 03:18 pm
I'm back, now. Did I miss anything?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 03:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Happy Birthday to Rocky ! Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 03:33 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Thank you.
I just was informed by the FBI, via email on Hotmail, that unscrupulous officials have tried to keep me from claiming my $8mil. Unfortunately, I deleted the email with the junk mail, so I still missed out on a fortune.