Democracy, and how the US can push to become one.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:39 am
@George,
The whole barn.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:44 am
@dpmartin,
Quote:
its true that "The US will never be an actual Democracy"

Thank God for that!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:45 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Of course liberals hear States' Rights as code for one racist scheme or
another...they see racism everywhere, and why not? It's been an effective
weapon for them.
With a brush as broad as yours, you could paint a barn door in one stroke.

Thus speaks a liberal who would have us believe he is not triggered by "States' Rights"

I have no reason to believe you are but I'm afraid that you and your like-minded liberals are far too rare to narrow my brush.
George

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:17 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
George wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Of course liberals hear States' Rights as code for one racist scheme or
another...they see racism everywhere, and why not? It's been an effective
weapon for them.
With a brush as broad as yours, you could paint a barn door in one stroke.

Thus speaks a liberal who would have us believe he is not triggered
by "States' Rights"
I have no reason to believe you are but I'm afraid that you and your like-
minded liberals are far too rare to narrow my brush.
I wouldn't expect you to, but I'm glad to hear you state outright that you won't.

I'm a bit confused by what you think my opinion is on states' rights.
Would you clarify, please?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:54 am
@George,
Forgive the GOP for they know not what they do.
What "liberalism" has given Americans.
http://addictinginfo.org/2012/05/12/150-achievements-of-liberalism-that-conservatives-seek-to-destroy/
Which ones of these achievements does the GOP wish to destroy?
McGentrix

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 12:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't believe your author understands what liberalism is and when it was founded and what it has actually done.
tony5732

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Lol. The WORDING!

I noticed that many of the items weren't created by republicans. That doesn't make those "liberal " achievements. It simply means that liberals decided to embrace republicans.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:35 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I don't believe your author understands what liberalism is and when it was founded and what it has actually done.
Well, I've ben at the tomb of the "Father of Liberalism" - but I doubt that it is a qualification. (Actually, Liberalism lead to the revolutions of 1848 which were the foundations of German unity.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:20 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I don't believe your author understands what liberalism is .....

It's obvious you don't.

Quote:
lib·er·al·ism
[ˈlib(ə)rəˌlizəm]
NOUN
the holding of liberal views:
"one of the basic tenets of liberalism is tolerance" · 

Quote:
tol·er·ance
[ˈtäl(ə)rəns]

NOUN
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with:
"the tolerance of corruption" · 
"an advocate of religious tolerance"
Frugal1

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:32 pm
Forgive cice, it has been 3 minutes since his last lie.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 03:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Kinda funny that those who run around demanding "tolerance" 24/7 turn out to be the most intolerant bastards you can ever expect to encounter, eh?
tony5732

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 03:09 pm
@layman,
Roger that
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:21 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Kinda funny that those who run around demanding "tolerance" 24/7 turn out to be the most intolerant bastards you can ever expect to encounter, eh?

You don't seem to understand, my friend, that intolerance in the face of evil is a virtue and Republicans and conservatives are evil.

Dylan Roof was sentenced to death today (or will be shortly by a judge that must follow the juries recommendation) and I for one am displeased.

Not because I think he doesn't deserve to be killed (he does), but because I don't think the State should have life and death power over its citizens

How many progressive death penalty opponents do you imagine are prepared to agree with me (at least that he shouldn't be executed)?

The answer is probably 100% now that he has been sentenced.

How many were before the trial started?

You see, progressives feel that every crime that is committed against a minority (including torture and murder) is appreciably worse than the same crime committed against a white American.

The miscreant Roof will die because he violated a federal "hate crime."

The same Hate Crime Statue that should apply in the case of the heinous kidnapping and torture of a mentally disabled white boy by four African-Americans so depraved (and utterly stupid) as to post video of their crimes on Facebook, and yet it wasn't immediately declared a "hate crime" and my bet is that if he wasn't mentally disabled it never would have been.

The worst aspect of the progressive identity politics, politically correct agenda is that it has given voice to complete idiots. For example, the 27 year old African-American woman who went online to tell all whites who planned to join the post-inaugural "2 Million Woman March" that if they plan to attend they need to shut the hell up and follow the lead of women of color.

At least on white progressive (from of all places that concentration of evil SC) has said she found this offensive and now will not attend. (Well what do you expect from a SC Cracker?)

As noxious as this sh*t is we need to welcome it as it will, most assuredly lead to more Democrat losses post 2016.

layman

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

As noxious as this sh*t is we need to welcome it as it will, most assuredly lead to more Democrat losses post 2016.

Yeah, I agree, Finn. I hope they keep on whining and advocating this stupid-ass ****.

Of course you said a lot more (as usual) in that post than I quoted.

Speaking for myself, I have no problem with the death penalty, per se, whatsoever.

Speaking of southern whites, there is probably no other group which is so routinely, automatically, viciously, and bigotedly hated by the "bleeding-heart" libs, eh?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:11 pm
@layman,
I don't have a problem with the death penalty from a moral standpoint. My objection is purely political.
layman

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I don't have a problem with the death penalty from a moral standpoint. My objection is purely political.

What do you mean by "political," Finn? Is your objection that the death penalty may not be fairly imposed, that it?

If so, yeah, those are serious concerns, and is one reason I said that I don't object to the DP "per se."
tony5732

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
"Not because I think he doesn't deserve to be killed (he does), but because I don't think the State should have life and death power over its citizens".

I feel the same way about mothers and abortion.

A mother should not get life and death power over a baby, effectively deciding a human being's right to exist.

I don't understand why liberals can feel that way about a criminal, but not have a single shred of that same compassion towards the situation when we are talking about babies.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Be democratic about it... allow the friends & family of any victims to determine the convicted criminals fate. The state is obligated to carry out their method chosen from the official menu.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 10:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Which ones of these achievements does the GOP wish to destroy?

ALL of them.
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:52 am
@Frugal1,
THAT'S what the post is about! Good idea. Nobody cares about the sheep if the sheep happens to be a murdering psychopath.
0 Replies