Can Dem's explain this?

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:53 pm
Yes the United States will survive a Kerry presidency. I have been disappointed in other elections. I don't remember an election in my lifetime in which the stakes were so high, however.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 01:20 am
Foxy,

I just read your signature and thought of Bill Clinton Wink

Foxfyre wrote:
Yes the United States will survive a Kerry presidency. I have been disappointed in other elections. I don't remember an election in my lifetime in which the stakes were so high, however.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 04:44 am
Anyone who does not see Bush for the incompetent, dangerous, counterproductive moron he is...simply is refusing to look.

Anyone who is enthusiastically endorsing his continuance in office...despite his obvious and severe shortcomings and of the incompetent administration he has assembled...is, in my opinion, dismissive of the ideals of this country.

If some have to see that as "left-leaning" "rabid" "shrill" or "excessively emotional" as compared with their being "reasonable"...so be it. One of the heroes of the right once said: "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Fox and Finn may be correct that our country will not come to an end if Bush were re-elected...but that misses the point in my opinion. If that were to happen (and I strongly suspect it won't)...this country will the lesser on that account. We will have fewer allies; our enemies will be emboldened; we will be less safe; our personal freedoms WILL further erode...and we will still have a moron guiding the ship of state.

Anyone looking at what this pathetic excuse for a leader has done during the last four years and who still wants to give him a chance to continue that direction...is SICK.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 05:21 am
It may take generations to undo the harm being caused by the Bush brand of Republicanism. We can survive, but at an extremely high cost.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 01:44 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Anyone who does not see Bush for the incompetent, dangerous, counterproductive moron he is...simply is refusing to look.

We know Frank, we know.

Anyone who is enthusiastically endorsing his continuance in office...despite his obvious and severe shortcomings and of the incompetent administration he has assembled...is, in my opinion, dismissive of the ideals of this country.

Seems awfully close to that bane of all Liberals: "If you don't agree with us, you're un-patriotic."

If some have to see that as "left-leaning" "rabid" "shrill" or "excessively emotional" as compared with their being "reasonable"...so be it. One of the heroes of the right once said: "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

No one has to see it for what it is. It is what it is.

After a series of postings hurling one epithet after another at conservatives, it strikes me as, at least, odd that you would quote one in defense of your political epilepsy.

Fox and Finn may be correct that our country will not come to an end if Bush were re-elected...but that misses the point in my opinion. If that were to happen (and I strongly suspect it won't)...this country will the lesser on that account. We will have fewer allies; our enemies will be emboldened; we will be less safe; our personal freedoms WILL further erode...and we will still have a moron guiding the ship of state.

Fox and Finn opined that the country will not come to an end if Kerry is elected. I can't speak for Fox, but I think the country will flourish if Bush is re-elected.

Fortunately, for us, if our fears come to pass and Kerry is elected there's a very good chance that our blood pressure will not spike and kill us. However, if Bush wins...I'm worried for you Frank.

Anyone looking at what this pathetic excuse for a leader has done during the last four years and who still wants to give him a chance to continue that direction...is SICK.

Notice the escalation:

1) Willfully blind
2) Unpatriotic
3) Demented

Can "evil" be far behind?

0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:06 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well from Frank's occasional (cough) reference to the President as a moron to Princess's belief that the bipartisan recount in Florida,under the supervision of professional watchers from both sides wasn't cricket because it presumably should have been all foxes watching that henhouse and therefore all is fair game for the Democrats now, yes.

Hey, I just want the votes counted by the legal rules in place, Foxy.

http://www.geocities.com/floridavotecount/legalvote.html

Quote:
Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.
- Joseph Stalin
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:08 pm
Since Frank has now diagnosed me as sick, I wonder if I could use his diagnosis to get a couple of days off. I could use a break.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:45 pm
Princess writes:
Quote:
Hey, I just want the votes counted by the legal rules in place, Foxy

I have no problem with that, but that wasn't what the Gore campaign requested. They just wanted the counties in which they had the best chance to pick up votes counted. And then the Dems started changing the rules until even a suggestion (imagination?) of a dimpled chad was a vote. When four year olds had no problem selecting a designated candidate and punching the cards correctly, it seems reasonable to me that it really stretches things that a marginally dimpled chad indicated anything other than the voter started to punch the card and changed his/her mind.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 10:29 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

We know Frank, we know.

Seems awfully close to that bane of all Liberals: "If you don't agree with us, you're un-patriotic."

No one has to see it for what it is. It is what it is.

After a series of postings hurling one epithet after another at conservatives, it strikes me as, at least, odd that you would quote one in defense of your political epilepsy.

Fox and Finn opined that the country will not come to an end if Kerry is elected. I can't speak for Fox, but I think the country will flourish if Bush is re-elected.

Fortunately, for us, if our fears come to pass and Kerry is elected there's a very good chance that our blood pressure will not spike and kill us. However, if Bush wins...I'm worried for you Frank.

Notice the escalation:

1) Willfully blind
2) Unpatriotic
3) Demented

Can "evil" be far behind?

Ooops...I forgot. AND EVIL!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:16 pm
Frank

I love your new signature, the agnostic's creed:

"To acknowledge what you do not know - is a display of strength. To pretend you know what you truly don't - is a display of weakness."

I also love how you pretend to know so much about what is in the minds of so many other people.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:20 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank

"To acknowledge what you do not know - is a display of strength. To pretend you know what you truly don't - is a display of weakness."

I also love how you pretend to know so much about what is in the minds of so many other people.

Well if you do...why not cite a few instances...and we can discuss them.

In any case, my "new" signature is not new. It has been my signature since the beginning.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 06:45 am
McG

Speaking to your original question...it's rather the same rationale as the police/community has in notifying a neighborhood when a pedophile moves in..."he's done it before, he might well do it again, so be very alert."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 09:25 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank

In any case, my "new" signature is not new. It has been my signature since the beginning.

It's not new? I'm sorry, I thought it was. For some reason, I thought you had switched to "Bush is a moron!"

A couple of examples.

"Anyone who does not see Bush for the incompetent, dangerous, counterproductive moron he is...simply is refusing to look."

"Anyone looking at what this pathetic excuse for a leader has done during the last four years and who still wants to give him a chance to continue that direction...is SICK."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 09:56 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank

Quote:
It's not new? I'm sorry, I thought it was. For some reason, I thought you had switched to "Bush is a moron!"

I guess this was an attempt at humor. Keep working on it...and in a few years you may get the knack!

You do realize that you've got this as sbackwards, do you not?

Quote:
A couple of examples.

"Anyone who does not see Bush for the incompetent, dangerous, counterproductive moron he is...simply is refusing to look."

"Anyone looking at what this pathetic excuse for a leader has done during the last four years and who still wants to give him a chance to continue that direction...is SICK."

And you see this as a negation of my agnostic bent???

C'mon!

In any case...if it would make it any better for you, I will actually go that one step further:

It is my opinion that anyone who does not see Bush for the incompetent, dangerous, counterproductive moron he is...simply is refusing to look.

It is my opinion that anyone looking at what this pathetic excuse for a leader has done during the last four years and who still wants to give him a chance to continue that direction...is SICK."

I'll try to be more careful when you are in a thread, Finn. If you actually thought I was trying to insist that I know what is in your mind with these comments, you have got issues!
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 10:26 am
McGentrix:

I can easily explain this. First, you got it from the Drudge Report, and second, it is so poorly slapped together, missing number 1, with almost every graphic or paragraph of text slightly skewed.

My guess is that GOP operatives, and Karl Rove in particular, are very good at this. Look what happened to CBS.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 10:49 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank

Quote:

I guess this was an attempt at humor. Keep working on it...and in a few years you may get the knack!

Quote:
A couple of examples.

C'mon!

In any case...if it would make it any better for you, I will actually go that one step further:

It is my opinion that anyone who does not see Bush for the incompetent, dangerous, counterproductive moron he is...simply is refusing to look.

It is my opinion that anyone looking at what this pathetic excuse for a leader has done during the last four years and who still wants to give him a chance to continue that direction...is SICK."

I'll try to be more careful when you are in a thread, Finn. If you actually thought I was trying to insist that I know what is in your mind with these comments, you have got issues!

Years? Well, if that's what it takes to make you laugh Frank, it will be worth it.

Prefacing your pronouncements with "It is my opinion that..." doesn't dilute the absolute nature of your statements, but if you think it will help, please do so.. even if only for my sake.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:16 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Frank

Quote:

Quote:
A couple of examples.

C'mon!

Years? Well, if that's what it takes to make you laugh Frank, it will be worth it.

Prefacing your pronouncements with "It is my opinion that..." doesn't dilute the absolute nature of your statements, but if you think it will help, please do so.. even if only for my sake.

Yeah, sure, Finn. If you want to suppose that opinions are absolutes that somehow negate an agnostic outlook...do so. Considering your other suppositions...I can understand your difficulties with reality.

In the meantime...you...and anyone else who will vote for the moron, George Bush...which essentially means you are voting for this incredibly incompetent administration...

...should be ashamed of themselves.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:16 am
Of course, that is just my opinion.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:27 am
blatham wrote:
McG

Speaking to your original question...it's rather the same rationale as the police/community has in notifying a neighborhood when a pedophile moves in..."he's done it before, he might well do it again, so be very alert."

You're actually comparing an election to a sexual predator?

Shocked
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:28 am
Quote:
You're actually comparing an election to a sexual predator?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Do things have to sound so completely literal to you, McGentrix? The anology is dead on.
0 Replies