How much of Support for Israel is based on Biblical Mythology?

djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
no worries
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
as for this topic (or in fact the only real political ideology i hold) , in a perfect world Israel would cease to exist

as would Canada, the US, Britain et al

the only way forward is for everyone to become a Citizen of the world, Humans being and doing

and not some nefarious Alex Jones, One world Government

my ideal would be more Build a Bear, less Bilderberg
dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn it takes insight and a sense of humor
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
no ax
Me nuther
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 08:00 pm
@dalehileman,
You are quite the Happy Warrior, aren't you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 08:05 pm
@djjd62,
Frankly, that's nuts, but I don't want to embroil you in a discussion you would rather not take seriously.

And please believe me that I didn't write the above with snark in mind.

If you are going to play the fool (and BTW there's nothing wrong with that from by perspective) then you need to let the rest of us know when you are amendable to serious discussions. Otherwise, we may find ourselves engaging you only to be mocked by the fool for doing so.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 08:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm mixed, but leaning re Palestinians. Nothing at all re religion, re me. I consider them the stolen heights - and I started pro israeli.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Happy Warrior
Remarkable effect Finn of old age
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hardly 'nuts'. Idealistic maybe.

Its the logic that all group labeling is divisive. Unfortunately labeling behavior (aka prejudice) which we share with other primates, appears to be innate. One of its aspects is the attribution of simplistic psychological reasoning to complex sociological behavior in an attempt to reduce information overload in an attempt to facilitate 'political' decisions.

Contrary to 'looking foolish', I suggest it would take 'real brains' to argue at this level. Smile
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 04:13 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It is precisely the current research indicates that percentages of Y-chromosome DNA haplogroups originating in the Middle East exhibited by Ashkenazim is low, less than fifty percent. Add to that the high frequency of European mitochondrial DNA haplogroups exhibited by the Ashkenazim indicates a largely European origin of that Jewish demographic.

Genetic dilution due to people being forced out of their homeland against their will is irrelevant. They still have the right to their homeland.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 04:14 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
You're conflating Judeans with Jews.

And rightly so.

InfraBlue wrote:
This simplistic idea obfuscates the truth of the matter that most Ashkenazim have origins in areas of the world other than the Middle East let alone Palestine.

Genetic dilution due to people being forced out of their homeland against their will is irrelevant. They still have the right to their homeland.

InfraBlue wrote:
The argument is that the Palestinians have legitimate claims to the land in which they originated. Your straw man argument is irrelevant.

The Palestinians are just another pack of Muslims trying to steal everyone else's holy sites.

InfraBlue wrote:
Your assertion is merely opinion and does not negate the amorality of maxdancona's idea.
In other words, NUH-UH.

In other words, Israel is faced with an enemy who will not make peace under any circumstances. That means Israel gets to use military force to subdue that enemy and impose an outcome that is to Israel's liking.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 04:16 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i believe that the no quarter given to the Palestinians has much to do with the christian world view of bible prophecy and mythology

The only mythology here is your claim that no quarter is being given to the Palestinians. Israel has repeatedly and endlessly offered the Palestinians a fair partition of the land based on 1967 borders.

It is the Palestinians who reject all peace and insist on fighting to the death.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
nuts it may be, but it's my firm belief, there is no way forward without global cohesion, it's our best bet at moving beyond the earth and one day colonising other planets

the alternative is fine with me too, the earth has been a round a lot longer than we have, and will be here long after the last of us are gone, either by our own hand or some random space rock ala the dinosaurs

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:04 am
@djjd62,
The forces of reaction always try to rubbish anything that challenges the status quo. They did the same with anti-slavery, democratic and free primary education movements.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.

Gandhi.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:46 am
@oralloy,
Says you.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 03:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
So, why do you ignore the Sephardic Israelis and the Israelis of mixed Sephardic and Ashkenazim background? Is there some sort of purity test you are concerned with? Please stop ignoring how the Sephardim were literally thrown out of the Middle Eastern countries, that was their families' homeland for upwards of three millenia, had lost the '57 war.

I think a fair number of the west bank settlers were originally from the west. But, let's be honest. Would those west bank orthodox wearing yarmulkas and other visible signs of their orthodoxy be treated like all others in Dixie? They really have a limited choice, unless you might think they can start a community in the heart of Dixie? Would the Welcome Wagon include a box of matzoh in their Welcome Wagon gift basket?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 05:45 pm
@Foofie,
Zionism began with the Ashkenazim, e.g. Yehuda Bibas, Zvi Hirsch Kalischer, Judah Alkalai, and especially Theodor Herzl, not the Sephardim.

Yeah, the Zionists caused a lot of turmoil in the region when they established their never, never state in Palestine.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 07:19 pm
@InfraBlue,
To be clear, Yehuda Bibas and Judah Alkalai were Sephardim born in Gibraltar and Bosnia respectively. They weren't Mizrahim, Jews born in the Middle East.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:45 pm
To whom is the land of Israel given by the true God? The Holy Bible answers this question. All quotations herein are from the King James Version.

If the true God is Allah, then he would have said this in the Qur'an, that Saudi Arabia would have been given to the Muslims. If the true God is Krishna, then he would have said this in Bhagavad Gita, and India would have been given to the Hindus.

Who owns this whole world? It is the true God, isn't it? Therefore, we submit to the will of the true God to whoever He wants to give the land.

(To be continued)
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Zionism began with the Ashkenazim, e.g. Yehuda Bibas, Zvi Hirsch Kalischer, Judah Alkalai, and especially Theodor Herzl, not the Sephardim.

Yeah, the Zionists caused a lot of turmoil in the region when they established their never, never state in Palestine.

Ignoring the legitamacy of Sephardim's 3,000 year presence in the middle east is silly. Alexandria was built by Alexander the Great as a city that would have a Jewish population adding to his economic resources.

The fact that the Zionist movement was initially driven by Ashkenazim means nothing to anyone that understands Judaic history. What Yeshiva might have you attended? I'd guess none. By the way Alexander Hamilton attended a Yeshiva in the West Indies, where he lived as a child, since as a child from an unwed mother, he was not allowed to attend a school where Christian children went.

But, all your concerns about Israel shouldn't dissuade you from having many, many Jewish friends. Enjoy.