Has anyone met their Significant other online?

paulaj

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:08 am
Lady J

What a nice story you have to share, I loved it! Everything seemed to fall into place for the two of you, thank you for sharing it, oh and congratulations.
One more thing, how did you decide where you will reside when you are married, someone has to move. That is one of the tricky parts with long distant relationships that work out.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:26 pm
Thank you, paulaj. I appreciate your kindness. Smile Our decision about who was going to move was pretty much a slam dunk, too. There really wasn't any question for us at all in other words. Seems too easy, huh?
If we had to evaluate it...he has been in his career much longer than I have and his benefits are better. Smile Plus, my children are both over 21 now and finding their own lives and independence, while he still has a son under his wing. Lastly, the cost of living where he is is a whole lot less than where I am now! The entire quality of life we will have will make it worthwhile. Well, and not to mention that I'd follow him to the ends of the earth anyway... Very Happy

I'm not concerned about finding a job right away, if at all. He has said it is my choice if I want to work outside the home, full time, part time, volunteer, stay at home...whatever makes me happy. After so many years of raising my own kids solely on my own, I am welcoming the opportunities like a breath of fresh air! The bonus part? I get to be a stepmom to an adorable young man that I already love as my own!

Are you currently in a long distance relationship yourself? If so, what are some of the benefits and liabilities that you see?
0 Replies

daphnejane

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:42 pm
My husband and I met online but we only emailed each other a few times before meeting in person. We have been married for four years and although it's not the perfect marriage we have managed to blend our two families (he was a single dad, I was a single mom) into one fairly happy unit.

I don't tell a lot of people that we met thru a personals ad simply because it seems to smack of desperation, so I tell people we met at Taco Bell instead (the site of our first in person meeting) because that SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:21 pm
Nice success stories here. Smile

I guess I am so darn shallow, I'd have to see the guy prior
to falling in love. I couldn't do it any other way -
he's got to be my type http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif
0 Replies