Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2016 12:51 am
Okay, so I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year now. I'm 17 years old. My mom recently talked to me about birth control, asking if I wanted to take it. I considered it for some time and eventually told her I'd like to take it. She talks about it casually. Because she wants to put me on birth control, does that mean she's okay with me having sex?

chai2

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2016 01:03 am
@Isabelle275,
It means she's a realist and knows you will have sex now or evenutally. She doesn't want you getting pregnant.

Better yet though, if you want to know if she's ok with you having sex, ask her.

At 17 though, I doubt your mother is surprised that her daughter would be having sex.
0 Replies

Iouman

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 12:50 pm
@Isabelle275,
Take the birth control, you still have your whole life ahead of you. School, a career (good money), etc. You don't want to have a child while you're a teenager. Those relationships never work out.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2017 01:03 pm
@Isabelle275,
Speaking as a parent... it is perfectly normal for 17 year olds in stable relationships to have sex. I would want my kids to be healthy and responsible.

Your mom seems pretty open and responsible. Why not ask her what she thinks. We parents love it when we can talk to our kids openly about things that are important.
0 Replies