Well Well.... A New "Wild Bill"

panzade

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:02 am
I agree revel...I have a huge respect for the way the GOP usually polices its errant members.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:11 am
Quote:
Can you point out to me a liberal radio or tv personality who has caused a prominent Republican to abandon a campaign?

Jack Ryan, Illinois, comes to mind right off the bat. If it wasn't for the negative publicity, he wouldn't have needed to resign over a squabble with his wife.

And I'm grinning with Au and me on the same side of an issue. That doesn't happen very often, but he's right on in this one.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:21 am
You are both from a more moral time IMO
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:26 am
Naw. We just have longer memories. Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:26 am
same thing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 11:53 am
au1929 wrote:
This is neither a democratic or republican issue. It is a woman's weapon. She is just after making a buck the easy way. As far as I am concerned no one forced her to listen and I have no doubt engage in phone sex. All she needed to do is hang up. Suing for $60 million indeed. Talk about frivolous law suites.

I'm wondering how you know this to be true, given all we've heard at this point is what the lawyers (and O'Reilly) have been claiming. Nothing but propaganda. From this you know enough to draw this conclusion? Amazing...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 12:27 pm
Okay D, I have an open mind. Please explain how somebody, especially a very nice looking, well paid, quite strong and assertive producer of a popular national broadcast television program, can be forced to have phone sex? On multiple occasions?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 02:01 pm
I've no idea, but I am interested in hearing how this case unwinds. Or unravels.

Stay tuned...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 02:57 pm
D'artagnan
I don't know the particulars of the case. However I do know that she could have just hung the phone up. Instead she listened and now she wants $60 million because of her apparent paralysis.
Is there any wonder why the courts are so backlogged.
Were I the judge I would ask was she compelled to listen. If the answer was no I would throw the case out of court.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:52 pm
Can anyone say job-security?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:50 pm
Last week, a Fox News Channel producer sued Bill O'Reilly for sexual harassment, alleging that the cable host pressured her into phone sex. What do you think?

Quote:
"Someone's coming at Bill O'Reilly with lurid public accusations of a heinous personal nature? Wow. Sometimes life can be so... fair."

Peggy Knight
Art Teacher

Quote:
"He wasn't sexually harassing her. He was just looking out for her, like he's doing for all of us, all the time."

Jonathan Warren
Announcer

Quote:
"No wonder it costs $3.99 a minute to call in to 'The Factor.'"

Shawn Jiminez
Assessor

Quote:

Curtis Fletcher
Systems Analyst

Quote:
"This is just another example of the liberal media's bias against self-destructive, narcissistic, screaming sexist *ssholes."

Andy Vaughn
Clerk

Quote:
"Just once, I'd like to hear about a sex scandal with honest-to-God penetration."

Cindy Beck
Food Scientist

What Do You Think?

"Do you think Bill O'Reilly put that vibrator in his 'No Spin Zone'?"

"Is falafel really just as good as a loofah in the shower?"
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 03:29 pm
Pdiddie quotes Andy Vaughn as saying:
Quote:
"Just once, I'd like to hear about a sex scandal with honest-to-God penetration."

While I think it very unliked O'Reilly harrassed this woman for reasons already posted, I had to think about this.

Do you suppose politicians have talked a good game instead of actually doing something for so long, they can't remember how to actually have sex?

(Edited to correct awkward syntax)
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:19 pm
Why haven't I heard Fraken yet? I would think he'd be all over this.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:26 pm
Franken can't respond due to all the 900 calls on his phone bill....
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 05:30 pm
Who says conservatives have no sense of humor?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:23 am
absolute power corrupts absolutely ??

heyyyy, bayyy-beeeee???
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:11 pm
Why ehBeth?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
I was away on vacation. Came back to read some threatening language that wouldn't be tolerated at other sites. Can't figure out if I didn't notice it before, or if it's gotten worse as it gets closer to the election.

There's at least one moderator who has posted comments that would have had him banned elsewhere.

Caused me to look at the site in a different way.

It's not that I dislike the site, but I'm thinking about how other sites handle moderation - and, well, I'm thinking. That must be good, right?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 03:19 pm
didn't see a bodily harm threat in a post.
I know willow pretty well and she's usually quite reserved. I believe she apologized for her heat in another thread
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 03:29 pm
I have apprciated this site. There for awhile the personal insults got pretty bad and ran some people off--including me for awhile--but that has pretty well stopped. I like that we can be decent to each other here without having to be ridiculously prudish. Of all the busy sites I've poked around in, the discussions here stay better within the limits of civility than in any of them. So kudos to our fearless leader(s) Smile
0 Replies