Oops, I did it again.....

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 05:57 am
Well again congratulations, Gautam (that could be done so fast here, btw).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 06:02 pm
Wow, Gautam, you must kick some serious ass!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:15 pm
Gautam congratulations, think of all the new and interesting people you are about to meet, oh what fun.

I can relate to your fear of heights, I'm petrified of high places, 4 floors up and I'm uncomfortable, as in- panic attack uncomfortable.
This past summer a friend asked me to go on a cross country trip, the plan was to see, Niagra Falls, the Royal Gorge, the Grand Canyon, Big Sir, and more. I had time off and there was no reason why I couldn't go, except, the fear part. Well I went, and yes I had a few panic attacks along the way, but it wouldn't match the regret I would have experienced if I let my fear keep me from a wonderful trip. I had a ball!
There is only failure if one never tries. Good luck and keep us posted.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:29 pm
Well done, G.

Re: letter of resignation, if I may....

Begin by saying something complimentary about your current company and position, then say you're resigning (effective date), give vague reason such as "greater opportunity," then end on pleasant note thanking them for the opportunities they gave you, for what you have learned, and for their confidence in you. Make it polite and dignified.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:20 pm
Hey look at it like the Gautam, your new job doesnt only offer more money, probably a nice little office and the ablity to get higher in the company, but it also offers new prospects for a live in bf :-D
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
So G, when does the new job start?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:55 pm
yes, and will that also be in London? Will you get to travel a lot now that you're a global head?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:55 pm
Many thanks to Seed for posting late on this or I would have missed this thread.

Gautam!!!
Wow. I'm thrilled for you. Congratulations and big hugs from your fan club here in the left hand corner.

This calls for a drink. I heard about a new one today... a cement mixer. Are you game?

Hold one shot of Bailey's Irish Cream in your mouth, and take one shot of lime juice. Mix rapidly in mouth by shaking head vigorously, then consume. <shudder>

Maybe this would be better....

http://www.themacallan.com/img/range/30yo_box_300.jpg

or this (older than you!!!)....
http://media.paragraphpublishing.net/store/home/whisky/bottle/gtoi/16.jpg
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 04:15 pm
You rock, boy!!!
The biggest congrats, G!
Way to go!

Why am I always sooo late for this kind of stuff??? sheesh
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 02:20 am
Thanks Guyz !!! Smile

I am given the new company a date of 6th Dec for joining - it will take me abt this much time for a smooth handover - since no one has been identified till now to replace me (well, modesty prevents me from saying that I *am* irreplacable Smile ) - I will be handing over my dept to my boss.

The news is still a secret, only me, my boss and HR know it - but we are planning to announce it next week - to ne honest it will be fun to see the reactions - while some people will be sad, some people will sure celebrate Laughing
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 02:34 am
Surely you jest! The celebration's on your side, isn't it?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 11:46 am
Gautam wrote:
The news is still a secret, only me, my boss and HR know it - but we are planning to announce it next week - to ne honest it will be fun to see the reactions - while some people will be sad, some people will sure celebrate Laughing

Well of course they will, Gautam. People who get things done are always resented by some. Think of it as proof that you're a go-getter. Cool
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 02:22 pm
go for it gautam congrats and good luck

and also

welcome to the A2K Veteran Members Club Wink
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 03:11 am
2 more weeks to go....

Have had a couple of meetings with my new boss over drinks - he sure has high expectations from me Shocked

The news in my current company is now public and as I expected, it was fun to see the reactions Smile Almost everybody came and congratulated me - but my 2 batch mates (who joined the company at the same time as me) were ost conspicuous with their absence Laughing even though they sit 3 doors away from me (I never got along with them anyways...)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 05:44 am
Laughing

On your last day, be sure to go talk to them personally and rub it in. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 03:39 am
email from my former team

We've just replaced you with a tree (of the Christmas variety).
We are all agreed that it's brighter, more colourful, more attentive, more sympathetic, more natural, more environmentally friendly & less wooden. It fits in better, sends out fewer emails, organises fewer meetings and pulls more birds. It's had a significantly more calming influence in the bay - in fact I don't think anyone has gone red and banged their desk since it arrived.

We had to step in when <my former boss> wanted to take it out "for a smoke", even though it had done nothing at all to offend him. His motives were certainly suspect - he probably just wanted to warm his hands over the flames.

We'll send you a photo, as soon as <a team member> gets his act together.

Unquote

<sniff> They miss me
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 07:14 am
Looks like it.

And? After a week in the new surroundings?

(Any idea, how the first aid/medical support there is organised? :wink: )
0 Replies