Oops, I did it again.....

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:27 pm
Abt 4 weeks ago, I got a call from a person who left a message on my voice mail saying that he runs an "executive search company" and has heard my name in the market place and was keen to meet me over a drink. Well, being a curious person by nature, and more importantly, one who never turns down an offer of a free drink, I agreed to meet him.

When I met him, he told me that he was looking to fill up a position in a company and he has heard abt me and he wants to explore this opportunity with me. Having heard the position I burst out laughing, and told him that he has the wrong person, as I am far too junior for the position he was talking abt. However we kept talking and after sometime I got the feeling that he was serious, and I was being subtly interviewed. Anyways, thanked him for the drink, came back home and forgot all abt it. After abt 4 days he called me again and told me that the company he was talking abt has liked my profile and would like to meet me.

Well, one thing led to another and I gave a series of 3 interviews over the course of next 3 weeks.

Yesterday, much to my surprise, they offered me the position, which after careful consideration, I have accepted.

I will now be the GLOBAL head of <a huge dept> technology for a major international bank. In this role I will be 4 down from the board of this bank and the youngest global head in the company. They have offered me a salary hike of 50% plus other sops to help me make my mind up Shocked

While I am delirious with pleasure, I am also a bit scared. I have a fear of heights, not only I am getting an office on the 15th floor but also for being so high up in the organization (Global head ?? Moi ?? Shocked)

Wish me luck. I will need all the moral support I can get.

Twice in an year - the gods must be smiling on me, why I have no idea.

Applications for a live in bf should be sent to my email id.

p.s. Sorry, this post is not very witty - but my mind is in a bit of a turmoil right now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,971 • Replies: 56
No top replies

Odd Socks

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:34 pm
Smile Congratulations . If you ever feel like converting ( or after that possible sex change) , feel free to pm me. In the mean time, I've been informed that my brother's quite attractive and I'm sure he could be convinced. I'll forward your email address to him.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Smile Congratulations . If you ever feel like converting ( or after that possible sex change) , feel free to pm me. In the mean time, I've been informed that my brother's quite attractive and I'm sure he could be convinced. I'll forward your email address to him.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wow! And congrats of course!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Gautam- How wonderful!!! I remember the anxiety you went through when you got your present job. Obviously, you are doing something right, and are getting a good reputation in the field.

Well, that is great! No one would offer you a position of such high authority, unless he knew that you could do it. Enjoy, and congratulations! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

you suck....just kidding....congratulations! I wish I could be offered a 50% salary hike but...as luck would have it, no one is willing to pay me that much to sit around playing on the computer. Anyway, good luck!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:36 pm
Gautam, I am so pleased for you! Pop in here, if you want to discuss your apprehensions and visions about how to approach this new challenge, if you have the time of course :wink: I also apologize for my tendency to speak in metaphor.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35560&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:36 pm
I laughed I cried I became intensely jealous!!!

Check out the big brain on Gautum!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!

You're obviously well equipped for the job!!! Trust their ability to find talent and be yourself!!!!

YAY!!!!!

(This is quite an exclamatory day.)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:42 pm
Unreal. That's awesome.

Kind of reminds me of the time in high school when I got promoted from bagger to cashier. All the chicks dug me.

Seriously, congrats.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:45 pm
Awesome!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:49 pm
Congrats!!! You should be pleased - lots of other people missed out on that position!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 12:51 pm
Hot diggity! Good for you, Sparky.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:41 pm
WOOO HOOOO!!!!!
WOW, Gautam! We knew you were good, but...OH WOW!!!

Will you still speak to us when you get that big office in the sky?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
Eva wrote:

Will you still speak to us when you get that big office in the sky?

(Again with view in cockpit's, Gautam?)
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:44 pm
good people deserve good things...congrats G
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
Congratulations and good luck. Have faith in yourselfÂ…they would not have picked you if they didn't think you could do it. :wink:
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:09 pm
That's wonderful, G. Very Happy I'm very proud of you!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:35 pm
Congratulations, Gautam! :-D
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:41 pm
Well done, G!
Stay grounded and keep that independent mindset.
(Got that new Jaguar picked out yet?)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 02:54 pm
Yahoo! Congrats and I can understand your caution. New big job, in a place where they don't know you and love you already! Look how well you've done in the last big challenge, though! When do you start? Now you can scratch together enough pennies to get that new car you wanted!

Wowee! Well - you can buy the drinks when I hit London next (wait...you did that last time - perhaps it's my turn now?)
0 Replies