No Guns Allowed

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:37 am
DTOM writes
Quote:
then what is your issue?

The issue is so many are trying to make this into something it isn't. To compare a photo of a kid with a shotgun used for skeet shooting to Columbine or somebody with an A2K, or to conclude it will encourage kids to bring guns to school, are straw man arguments and ridiculous on the face of it.

If no props/settings are allowed for anybody, the kid shouldn't be allowed to have this photo in the yearbook. If all other kids can have props or special settings for their senior photos, then this photo is absolutely okay. The gun-a-phobics don't have to look at it if it really bothers them.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 08:51 am
No.

The issue is a inconsequential decision made by the administration of a small town high school. The school had to make a decision and truth be told, no one is hurt no matter what the decision is.

The school could let the photo in, or the kid could pick another photo. Who cares?

This story isn't news. The school did not act beyond its authority. No students were irreperably damaged. This is not a grave threat to the second amendment. This is clearly a minor local issue that sould have been resolved locally and left at that.

This debate says much more about us as a polarized nation. I feel bad for school administrators who need to worry that one of the hundreds of minor decisions that they need to make could become the center of a national debate.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 09:10 am
I think it caught national interest due to all of us who are so sick of the polticial correctness crap, the political correctness police, and that nobody is allowed to not conform to the current PC criteria.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 11:38 am
in the immortal words of Emeril....PORK FAT RULES!

you're my girl Montana!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:04 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I think it caught national interest due to all of us who are so sick of the polticial correctness crap, the political correctness police, and that nobody is allowed to not conform to the current PC criteria.

That's just crazy.

The school administration makes an administrative decision about an administrative issue about the contents of its yearbook that hurts no one and this gets picked up by the national media-- and you talk about the political correctness police?

I wish the political correctness police would have kept their politics to themselves and kept their collective noses out of the business of this local school.

Maybe I am a little sick of this crap.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:31 pm
Let's say I'm a black belt karate expert. Should I not be allowed to show my hands in my photo?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:40 pm
When's the last time a karate expert's set of hands massacred school kids and teachers?
Wait, I'll google it up for you...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:42 pm
duh duplicate
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:51 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Let's say I'm a black belt karate expert. Should I not be allowed to show my hands in my photo?

what about a champion masturbator?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:58 pm
I'd give anything to see your HS photo bear
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:01 pm
I'm a dropout....I"m bright but for some reason I had a hard time getting out of bed and making it to class....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 02:38 pm
When's the last time a break barrel trap gun was used to massacre anyone?

Wait a minute and I'll Google it up for you...
0 Replies