farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:30 pm
@ehBeth,

CHEEZ WIZ. Sounds like what you do in the bathroom after eating a pizza
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:36 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
If the man wants to talk about hating cheese, then that’s what he should do, without comments that make light of that dislike.
Difference tween you and I . Youve apparently spent a shitpot of time thinking about all this. See, you are the one person who gives a **** and I brought you here to validate EDgar.

Im a hero.

God DAMN IM GOOD!!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
My mother and aunts used a lot of dill in their cooking. I prefer it fresh to the dried seeds but I'll take it just about any old way.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
No farmer, it didn’t take a lot of time at all. It really stuck out because it’s really not like you.

I’m in San Miguel and there was chees on my beans. I think Edgar May have liked it as it just complimented, not overpowered.

It was at Don Lupes. They are really nice people who own and run the place.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:52 pm
@farmerman,
So Cheez Wiz. I was in the $+ store today to get some random things. I know the manager there from talking about purple shampoo ($20 at a reg store, $25 at the hair salon, $3 at the dollar+ ). She was moving some stock around and was trying to convince me to buy 6 jars of cheez wiz really really cheap since she didn't want to find shelf space for it. mmm no thanks. don't tell Set.
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:58 pm
@ehBeth,
cheez wiz is somma the best bait for havaheart raccoon traps. They will start licking it on the bait pan, the trap locks em inside the trap cage yet theyll spend all night licking off every last drop of wiz. So it aint for just people.(We have a raccoon problem eating our chickens who are too stupid to fly at night)

Im not sure but I dont think cheez wiz contains any cheese.But its loaded with cheez.

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:13 pm
Are Cheez Whiz and Velveeta the same thing?
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Do
ehBeth wrote:

So Cheez Wiz. I was in the $+ store today to get some random things. I know the manager there from talking about purple shampoo ($20 at a reg store, $25 at the hair salon, $3 at the dollar+ ). She was moving some stock around and was trying to convince me to buy 6 jars of cheez wiz really really cheap since she didn't want to find shelf space for it. mmm no thanks. don't tell Set.

Do you have Sally’s Beauty up there? They have purple shampoo at a good price. I use it but not too often. Don’t want to have that purple cast that makes me think “she uses purple shampoo too often.” Actually I know use the conditioner occasionally, not the shampoo.

I really love the color of my hair. Only problem is I really can’t be invisible anymore. I’ve caught sight of myself in large reflective surfaces while among a lot of people, and Yikes! I’m like a lighthouse on a moonless night.

I like being invisible. No one realizes I’ve nearly taken over. Just a few more pieces need to be put in place.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:17 pm
@farmerman,
I probably buy a jar every decade or so. So I've bought mmm 3 jars? processed cheese is handy as a starter for some basic cheese sauces and I recall using it in some cheese broccoli soup in the 1980's. 6 jars would have to be buried with me.

Apparently it originally had real cheese in it

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/michael-moss-the-day-they-took-the-cheese-out-of-cheez-whiz

Quote:
Southworth had been part of the team that created Cheez Whiz in the early 1950s. The mission had been to come up with a speedy alternative to the cheese sauce used in making Welsh rarebit, a popular but laborious dish that required a half-hour or more of cooking before it could be poured over toast. It took them a year and a half of sustained effort to get the flavor right, but when they did, they succeeded in creating one of the first megahits in convenience foods. Southworth and his wife, Betty, became lifelong fans and made it part of their daily routine. “We used it on toast, muffins, baked potatoes,” he told me. “It was a nice spreadable, with a nice flavor. And it went well at night with crackers and a little martini. It went down very, very nicely, if you wanted to be civilized.”

So it was with considerable alarm that he turned to his wife one evening in 2001, having just sampled a jar of Cheez Whiz he’d picked up at the local Winn-Dixie supermarket. “I said, ‘Holy God, it tastes like axle grease.’ I looked at the label and I said, ‘What the hell did they do?’ I called up Kraft, using the 800 number for consumer complaints, and I told them, ‘You are putting out a goddamn axle grease!’ ”

Cheez Whiz was already something of a horror to nutritionists. A single serving, which Kraft defined as just two level tablespoons, delivered nearly a third of a day’s recommended maximum of saturated fat as well as a third of the maximum sodium recommended for a majority of American adults. Sit down with a drink in front of the TV and start heaping it onto salty, buttery crackers, and both daily limits would quickly be blown.

As for its taste, Southworth conceded that the spread had never been in the same league as a fine English Stilton. But it hadn’t pretended, even wanted to be. In the laboratories at Kraft, in fact, Cheez Whiz had been designed to have the mildest flavor possible for the broadest public appeal. Upon its release on July 1, 1953, the advertising emphasized its expediency, not its taste: “Cheese treats QUICK. Spoon it, heat it, spread it.”

Nonetheless, in his kitchen that day, Southworth knew that something had changed. Staring at the label, parsing the list of ingredients, he eventually found the culprit, though not without some effort. There were 27 items listed in all, starting with the watery by-product of milk called whey, taking him through canola oil, corn syrup, and an additive called milk protein concentrate, which manufacturers had begun importing from other countries as a cost-cutting alternative to the higher-priced powdered milk produced by American dairies. One crucial ingredient was missing, however. From its earliest days, Cheez Whiz always contained real cheese. Real cheese gave it class and legitimacy, Southworth said, not to mention flavor. Now, he discovered, not only was cheese no longer prominently listed as an ingredient, it wasn’t listed at all.

Not surprisingly, Kraft kept this change to itself. I couldn’t find any public discussion of it even nine years later, when Southworth related his story to me. So during a visit to Kraft’s headquarters in 2011, I asked if he was right, if Kraft in fact had taken the cheese out of Cheez Whiz. Actually, a spokeswoman told me, there was still some cheese left in the formula, just not as much as there used to be. When I asked how much, she declined to say. It no longer appeared on the label, she added, because Kraft — in attempting to simplify its long lists of ingredients — had switched from citing components, like cheese, to listing their parts, like milk. “We made adjustments in dairy sourcing that resulted in less cheese being used,” she told me. “However, with any reformulation, we work hard to ensure that the product continues to deliver the taste that our consumers expect.”

Southworth was more blunt in his assessment of what happened to his creation. “I imagine it’s a marketing and profit thing,” he said. “If you don’t have to use cheese, which has to be kept in storage for a certain length of time in order to become usable, flavor-wise and texture-wise, then you’ve eliminated the cost of storage, and there is more to the profit center.”
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:21 pm
@chai2,
No Sally's up here. I found swimming a lot was adding a bit of a green tinge to my platinum tresses Laughing Using purple shampoo once or twice a week has made the colour pretty amazing - if you don't mind people asking to touch your hair. It's not the soft white cloud hair my mother had - it's shiny and silvery now. I like it a lot - even on the days a drunk on the bus wants to talk about it.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:28 pm
and here's a random thing - the ingredients in Cheese Whiz are different in different countries. who knew? I didn't.

__

while I was reading about various ingredient lists, I found this

http://www.pepper.ph/battle-cheez-whiz-still-best-processed-cheese-spread-around/

Quote:
Like many American products, Cheez Whiz would make its way to the Philippines in 1967, changing the merienda scene ever since. Oddly enough it is marketed here for its “health benefits” in spite of its notoriously unhealthy reputation elsewhere, especially as Kraft decreased its actual cheese content in 2013. No matter; we’d be lying if we didn’t say it’s absolutely delicious, and to this day it remains as popular in the Philippines as it’s always been.
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:30 pm
@ehBeth,
I’ve been growing it out and do a french twist held by claws most days. Also got long bangs, which is instant Botox.

I don’t get anyone wanting to touch my hair, but do get people asking me how I got it that color. I just say “I got old”

That’s really a thing? People wanting to touch your hair? I’ve heard a lot of black women say white people want to do that. I want to believe them, but at the same time I would wonder why anyone would want to do that. I sure don’t.

Now, the thing with people just grabbing a pregnant woman’s belly is sure true. I’ve seen that. WTF?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:32 pm
@glitterbag,
I did a little research about the products. Velveeta was developed around 1917 and actually had three different cheeses in the recipe. Sometime in the 1980's, Kraft scientists figured out a way to manufacture Velveeta without actually using that pesky cheese. Cheez Whiz was developed in the mid-50's and also contained cheese at one time, but now is cheez-less. It's more cost effective for Kraft to avoid the cheese and lard the product up with fructose corn syrup and cheap chemicals to simulate the flavor of some sort of cheez.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:40 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Now, the thing with people just grabbing a pregnant woman’s belly is sure true. I’ve seen that. WTF?

I hated that, I had to warn a few people that if they touched my stomach they might wind up with a bloody stump. The other wonderful thing about pregnancy was the people who HAD to tell you every birth defect, still born story, mother dying in childbirth story they had ever heard......it was great. It didn't take long for most to realize I didn't 'glow' I was 'incandescent' and cranky.
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 07:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Did people ever say, or led you to believe they were thinking “oh she’s just being all pissy because of hormones and stuff”? Like somehow you were now public property? Was it only women that would do that, or would men do that too? Did it feel like in a non sexual way, or was it an excuse?

When my older sister was pregnant I lived nearby. I would feel for the baby kicking when she said it was, I’m sure without asking for official permission. But for gods sake she was my sister, and she was telling me the baby was kicking so I Could experience that. It was weird to me. Didn’t seem like something I’d care to go through myself.

That said, because of even that limited experience in later years I recall seeing a pregnant woman and sort of feel that my hands wanted to reach out. Then I would think “stop that. That’s hella creepy”

farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 09:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Kraft — in attempting to simplify its long lists of ingredients — had switched from citing components, like cheese, to listing their parts, like milk. “We made adjustments in dairy sourcing that resulted in less cheese being used,

Whata buncha market directed and created CRAP. They tried doing that same thing with fauxrange juice like "Sunny D". They stated it ha an intense ORANGE FLAVOR , but failed to state that these ingredients had never been on a tree of any kind (unless its salicic acid).

We need to adopt some more "STUPID CONSUMER LAWS" to protect us .

This is why, in many consumer civil cases the juries award these bigass Punitive damage awards for hundreds of millions .JuST to send a message to the manufacturers .

"Whey solids" What the hell is that? Whey isnt a solid to begin with. Thats the **** ledt over when they make 2% fat free or Skim milk.

I always wanted to make sticky signs that warn consumers that CHEEZ WIZ WILL KILL YA , and post them in the Italian Market in Philly at the Cheesesteak corners where Pats and Ginos , and all the other ones who dont offer Provolone as the cheese of choice for the POIFECT cheesesteak.

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 09:51 pm
@chai2,
I WAS brutal because of hormones and stuff. Nothing about my demeanor even hinted at maternal....I was anemic and tired and one of those gals who didn't mind labor at all...but I hated being pregnant. Going into labor meant Hallalujah, no more swollen ankles and baby kicking my bladder.

But having a sister touch my stomach would have been fine....It was the soldiers I worked with that would have been in trouble if they trying touching my stomach. I had zero patience and gave zero freeps.,
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 09:55 pm
@farmerman,
What do you mean "they don't offer Provolone".....that's a felony...it's like making lasagna with American Cheese...a crime against nature.
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:15 pm
@glitterbag,
couple of the expanding 'Philly Cheesesteak" joints out on the Turnpike dont offer any provolone because they are (MPPH gaag) nuked and wrapped in tinfoil and sold from a bain marie thingy