Confessions of a Cheese Rebel

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:17 pm
@farmerman,
Fortunately, we don't have such problems since in the EU, Provolone (both Provolone dolce as well as Provolone piccante) must be originals.

About ten years ago, we had had discussions about "cheese alternatives" (cheese analogue) here. Afterwards, at first producers labelled their frozen pizzas etc with a sticker "real cheese", since 2014 all products must be labelled (EU-law 1308/2013) what kind of cheese they contain (Edamer, Gouda) or ... artificial cheese (which you'll don't find nowadays here anymore).
The term "vegan cheese" isn't allowed, too, since two years.
Since these terms aren't allowed, producers use "Pizza-Mix" oder "Gastromix" instead (but still must declare it)
ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 06:34 am
@chai2,
I've always had people wanting to touch my hair/head. When I turned 30, I shaved my head as a gift to myself. I apparently have a perfect skull for that. What do I know? I do know that people asked to touch it a LOT and when I volunteered at a local version of a special Olympics, there was no asking, just touching. Somewhere there's a great photo of me holding a balloon that weekend. The back of my head looks like a stubbly balloon.

The hair/head touching/requests continued over the years. Now the requests are because of the shine/colour. I generally say ok since it doesn't really bother/worry me. It's not like I'll never wash it again. I think part of the interest is because there aren't a lot of women with long/ish silver hair. Older women tend to keep their hair shorter but I had a stylist about thirty years ago who said that he felt older women needed longer , not shorter hair. I took it to heart (and agree as I look around at some really unfortunate cuts some friends have gone to - looking like a 12 year old boy is good for no one ). I french braid it for swimming and high humidity. I can do fancy updos at the back with flower/rhinestone clips without looking (those dance gigs paid off for this).

__

I hope Edgar likes hair talk better than he likes cheese
chai2

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 08:22 am
@ehBeth,
I hope so too.

My hair is totally silver, and now past my shoulders. I’ve never liked braids to be honest. It’s now up in a French twist or messy bun, or for swimming in a high ponytail covered in a baseball cap.

I see many women of a certain age with beautiful gray, silver, white hair that insist on having it cut in an extremely awkward weird short thing. Either mannish or like they had been told somewhere along the line you’re not allowed to look attractive beyond a certain age. Don’t get me wrong, a short cut on an older woman can look amazing. It can be cute, flirty, eye catching. If you’re gonna go short though, you’re going to need to realize you’re going to keep up with it with a hair stylist that knows their stuff.

Up do’s for me are the way to go for now. Best of both worlds

margo

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 01:17 pm
@chai2,
Question?

How can you possibly swim in a baseball cap???
Sturgis

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 03:02 pm
When it comes to hair, do whatever keeps you happy. As long as it's clean and not heavily perfumed (from whatever gunk are has been applied), it is of no concern to me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 03:33 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

Question?

How can you possibly swim in a baseball cap???

Heh. The only real stroke I can do is the backstroke. I’m aces at that. I have a real problem with putting my face in the water. When I’m in the lap lane I do the backstroke mixed in with other stuff that moves me along and keeps faceout of water.

No problem with bb cap with backstroke.

I wear short bladed training fins because my feet are small. If I’m not swimming I’m treading water, doing yoga type stuff and the fins help with that too. I wear a cap to keep the top of my head from getting burned, and so that I don’t have to put sunscreen on my forehead. Keeps sunscreen from getting in my eyes.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 03:35 pm
i should not have mentioned hair.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 04:16 pm
@margo,
I wondered that as well. I can't imagine getting a good pace going with any kind of hat (other than a bathing cap) on. I do the french braid, slick a tiny bit of conditioner on, tug a swim cap on and get moving.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 04:22 pm
@Sturgis,
you say that now Laughing
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 04:29 pm
@ehBeth,
I don’t like swim caps. Too hot, even in the Winter.

I’m not after setting any kind of speed. I go as slow or fast as I go. I’m more about making any movements integrated.

It’s all about feeling good.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 04:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh ehBeth, see if you can get your hands on a product called Brain Octane. It is AMAZING!

It’s a more refined form of MCT oil that supplies just the 6 carbon and 8 carbon tail, rather than the 6, 8, 10 and 12 MCT oil usual has.

I’ll let you do your own research. But let me tell you, it makes you a chugga chugga machine. Steady energy all day with no jitters, plus a feeling of overall well being. You do have to start off with a smaller dose, as it will effect your system with something referred to as “Disaster pants”, but your body adjusts very quickly and you increase the dose bit by bit.

I sent some to my friend here in Mexico a few weeks ago. I saw her yesterday and one of the first things she said to me was that she had been taking it only a week, just a little, and she already feels a big difference. She says when she comes home from work she’s not tired, and she’s been sleeping really well.

Basically it immediately converts to ketones, which is what your brain prefers to work with.

I’m skeptical about claims, but this stuff exceeded my expectations.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 08:10 pm
Just for the record, although I do like the dill relish, it does not have strong dill taste, and we use it in tuna salad, so you can't really taste it anyway . . . . so there, you girl.
chai2

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 08:27 pm
@Setanta,
Not fond of dill.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 12:54 am
@chai2,
I like dill, used appropriately of course.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 01:20 am
@glitterbag,
He was always one of my favourites.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 12:14 pm
@Sturgis,
in that case

https://able2know.org/topic/53138-10#post-6729285

bwahahahahaha
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 09:17 pm
@ehBeth,
no one said cheeeese.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 09:31 pm
@farmerman,
I was looking for a place that makes Philly Cheesesteaks earlier today, and a chain 'Potbelly Sandwich Shop' near me offers a cheesesteak made with Cheez Whiz and calls it a Philly's fav.......yuk
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 09:53 pm
@glitterbag,
all the best cheesesteak places in philly offer both but the italian market version always used wiz and fried onion for sweetness. Wiz is waay to salty for me, thats why the provolone is still the foody favorite
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 05:38 pm
@ehBeth,
I've been waiting that since Aunt Pitypat got referenced last week for wearing mukluks to bed

By the way, I (to the best of my knowledge) have never eaten Cheez Whiz, canned or jarred. It just doesn't seem right to call something cheese that since it's mostly chemicals will likely never go bad.