laughoutlood

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:38 am
Cheeses priced super far
Higher than teats on giraffes you are

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 03:46 am
@glitterbag,
you wouldnt make it outside a Timmy Hortons donut emporium. Whenever we stay at Eastport we gotta drive the 50 + miles to visit a Timmy's and gorge on them damn Mapley slathered raised donuts ND A CUP A COFFEE.
Liver is a meat that ha some kinda evolutionary significant story to tell since huge amounts of people hate it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 04:07 am
Here ya get maple-flavored pork & beans, maple-flavored bacon, maple-flavored cold cuts (shudder), maple-flavored cereal, and several different maple candies, in addition to the abortions from the various doughnut shops. In Québec, the maple surple industry is a racket to put the Mafia to shame.
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 04:37 am
@Setanta,
that is extreme. I get worried about our annual rush to inoculate all our foodstuffs with something called "Pumpkin Spice" flavor. There is NO actual pumpkin in anything called Pumpkin SPice .
When we were in the field a bunch of the team went scrounging for snacks we could eat while walking and some wag bought a whole bunch of PUMPKIN SPICE FLAVORED SOFT PRETZELS.
The discussion ensued whether or not to beat him into a soft pulp . SOme people tasted the pretzel like thing but the pumpkin "Spice" flavoring actually brought out a gag reflex in them. I finished mine and I have to say Ive had worse food but not in this millenium.

I love soff pretzels they are a tradition that must not be fucked with.
Now we can look forward to "candy cane spiced donuts and teas"
At least we wont have cuts of meat so infected.
Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 04:47 am
Listen, the Canajuns eat Ketchup flavored potato chips. Need I say more?
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 09:55 am
@Setanta,
I recall Humpty Dumpty "Dill pickle flavored potato chip" I think Humpty Dumpty is a Canajun company
Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 12:40 pm
Yes, they are certainly in Ontario. I like their cheese sticks--but I don't do dill anything. (I grew prize-winning cucumbers as a boy, and my grandmother would extract her fee in kind. Then she would pickle them--I grew to hate dill.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 12:56 pm
@Setanta,
Fromages de chèvre frais au fenouil, tout simplement délicieux, béotien. Wink

But seriously, in the European "cuisine" fresh dill is used as an ingredient in salads, e.g., one made of lettuce, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, on potatoes with butter, boiled fish ... I do like it.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I like dill on veggies and occasionally in shrimp salad.....but I love dill pickles.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Tu peux manger le mien.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:39 pm
@Setanta,
Mais avec plaisir.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 03:41 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

why? the fact tht you dislike cheese is of no concern to me. I bitch bout how I hate liver but anybody care ?
I think you should find someone who gives a **** about your condition and friend them. Cuz youre a rare species.
You keep kosher?

Wow. Who pissed in your Post Toasties? I took that comment of warning cheese lovers away from the thread as pretty light hearted.

Because it’s no concern to you you feel you can tell someone to basically f#ck off and find and friend someone who cares?

I just found this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed most of it. I haven’t read where Edgar has tried to persuade anyone over to his way of thinking, and had been more than tolerant and patient with the usual suspect type of comments like “I could not imagine life without (fill in the blank). Talk about who cares.

I found Edgar’s talking about being bullied into doing something he didn’t want as really interesting. It hit close to home for me on another thing that I personally don’t like, and have to politely not gouge the eyes of those that think they are the first person in the world to tell me they couldn’t live without that, or that if I would only try (followed by some suggestion) I would indeed like it.

I’m on team Edgar as far as his being able to express dislike for something, and not being made to feel the odd man out.
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 05:14 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Because it’s no concern to you you feel you can tell someone to basically f#ck off and find and friend someone who cares?
pretty much. Imqgine hqve to walk acros the Mojqve listening to EDgqr bitch about how he thinks cheese sucks and there I am stuck with him for miles and miles. So I thought Id change the subject in my unique lovable manner. Whats it to ya ?
roger

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 05:24 pm
I had no idea a cheese thread would be so funny.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 05:39 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Now we can look forward to "candy cane spiced donuts and teas"

old old old news

where have you been the last couple of decades?

__

so the pumpkin spice thing - they are not pumpkin flavour - they are the collection of spices people often put in pumpkin pie or European Christmas spice cookies

Quote:
To start, you'll need all of three minutes and the following ingredients: 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice and 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves. Mix the spices together in a small bowl and take a little whiff.

it's the same idea as Chinese five spice. It doesn't taste of five - it is five spices mixed together.

Quote:
Five Spice Powder is a blend of cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and Szechwan peppercorns. Some recipes also contain ginger, nutmeg, and licorice.

given the history of the spice trading routes between China and Northern Europe, it's not a surprise to find some similarities there

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 05:40 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah but the thing is, you don’t have to walk 3 feet with Edgar anywhere.

In any event, Edgar is hardly the odd man out. There’s lots of countries and areas of the world where cheese is not enjoyed, or tolerated well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/quartzy/1220074/the-countries-that-love-and-hate-cheese-the-most/amp/

It’s one thing to share comments about a particular item you do like that someone else isn’t, or have the conversation morph into something else entirely, with it coming full circle or not. It quite another to tell someone they are somehow deficient and telling them you don’t care. Why would someone go out of their way to make sure someone expressing themselves they don’t care, when they could have just not cared?

Kind of like when a person says “I don’t like/hate this thing”, and you get back “oh I couldn’t imagine life without...” it’s totally disregarding what someone said, and making it about yourself. It’s telling the person there is something wrong with them, or at the very least diminishing their position because it’s not yours.

If the man wants to talk about hating cheese, then that’s what he should do, without comments that make light of that dislike.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 05:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The thread title should warn people away if they love cheese.

now that's kinda funny

I thought the thread title would lead to a thread where people talked about rare and unusual cheeses they love - or just cheese.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 05:44 pm
@farmerman,
dill pickle chips mmmmmm

so good

I was at the store today looking at rice cakes. almost got the dill pickle ones for a walk I'm going on tomorrow. Ended up with popcorn rice cakes, cheddar rice cakes and chocolate chip rice cakes Laughing they'll be good with apples and cheddar on our walk
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 05:44 pm
Oddly enough, I don’t care for cheese on hamburgers. It’s like I can’t taste it, so why bother?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:02 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
but I don't do dill anything.

excuse me

you like tangy dill relish (which I can't seem to find anymore )