John Kerry - Hero........................................not

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:46 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
What's important to note here is that Republican neoconservatives on these threads tend to NOT do their research, but instead absorb the talking points from Faux News and Karl Rove, and make them their own in these debates.

That is REALLY quite sad...

LOL!! You make me laugh. Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 02:03 pm
Why? It's true.

The 'talking point' will be the great death of Republicanism in the end.... not enough self-thought, too much herd mentality...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 02:06 pm
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/245707076?ts=1097611314&sign[partner_userID]=464016427&sign[memberID]=464016427&sign[partnerID]=1

http://north.cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2001/03/22/22anwrscience

http://english.people.com.cn/english/200106/06/eng20010606_71895.html

http://www.wildrockies.org/Tango/teci_Headlines.qry?function=detail&news_item_uid=230

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness"
-- George W. Bush

Unbelievable.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 02:43 pm
I watched the debate and what Bush said was he funded stem cell research using the frozen embryos that already exist, he was not however for killing babies in the future.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 02:46 pm
Quote:
I watched the debate and what Bush said was he funded stem cell research using the frozen embryos that already exist, he was not however for killing babies in the future.

No, what he said was that he funded stem cell research using the stem cell lines that were already being used, but was against harvesting more from frosen "embryos".
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 02:48 pm
(...and the stem cell lines already being used are contaminated with mice dna or genes or poop or something... :-))
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 03:25 pm
I think the problem is that it's French DNA...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 03:35 pm
French = nyah, nyah, nyah, from neocons who can only lash out.

This is really sad.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 03:43 pm
Nice avatar too, dooks.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:07 pm
Cyclop--

Are you under the impression I said Bush was always for stem cell research? Would you show evidence of that? I said he is for it now, which he is. I know it takes the wind out of your sails--but, can't change the facts....

He also had good reasons to think the standing intel committee would be better equipped to handle the investigation. He said there was very sensitive material that would be used in the proceedings, and wasn't comfortable strewing it all over DC. That's common sense. However, after he was able to make sure the Commission was relatively secure, and not a partisan witch hunt--he supported it. Plenty of people second-guessed his motives--but that's just opinion.

More importantly, he had nothing to hide--and the Commission proved a few new points for him.

I have shared fact here. You are the one operating with innuendo.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:13 pm
Bush is an utter moron who will say anything to appease the masses due to his abject failure at everything.

Bush has everything to hide, and continues to hide it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:59 pm
Sofia, howsabout you turn something up that shows he is FOR stem cell research -- now. Because the thing with that is the existing lines are contaminated with French mouse poop (or something) and are close to useless, research-wise. So if he's for stem cell research, they need stem cells to research. And guess where they get them?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 03:13 am
McGentrix wrote:
Why do you hate babies so much that you would sacrifice them for medical research?

Why do you hate people so much that you would sacrifice them for superstition? :wink:
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:11 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Why do you hate babies so much that you would sacrifice them for medical research?

Why do you hate people so much that you would sacrifice them for superstition? :wink:

Amongst the superstitions of the world, there is none worse than the theory of evolution which, aside from being junk science, was the major philosophical foundation of naziism, communism, and all the goofball eugenic programs of the late 19'th and early to mid 20'th centuries.

The actual evidence is that the various kinds of animals were created at a single stroke (Cambrian explosion) and that afterwards, genetic engineering and re-engineering remained some sort of an industry on this planet until some fairly recent prehistoric age, and that more than one pair of hands was involved, i.e. that an omnipotent, loving God could not plausibly have created biting flies, mosquitos, and chiggers.

Whoever originally created our planet's animals beyind the one-celled varieties, could not possibly have had stem cells to work with and, if he didn't need them then, ultimately, why should we?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:24 am
gungasnake wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Amongst the superstitions of the world, there is none worse than the theory of evolution which, aside from being junk science, was the major philosophical foundation of naziism, communism, and all the goofball eugenic programs of the late 19'th and early to mid 20'th centuries.

The actual evidence is that the various kinds of animals were created at a single stroke (Cambrian explosion) and that afterwards, genetic engineering and re-engineering remained some sort of an industry on this planet until some fairly recent prehistoric age, and that more than one pair of hands was involved, i.e. that an omnipotent, loving God could not plausibly have created biting flies, mosquitos, and chiggers.

Whoever originally created our planet's animals beyind the one-celled varieties, could not possibly have had stem cells to work with and, if he didn't need them then, ultimately, why should we?

Where did that come from?!

There are plenty of discussions of evolution vs creation in the philosohy - religion forums. Please do not pollute the politics forum with this.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:27 am
The last sentence explained the relevance. Stem cells should not be necessary for our own genetic engineering projects any more than they were for prehistoric projects.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:36 am
Whoever created our planet would then have also created stem cells and hence, would have had them to work with.

But I'll defer to McG on this one.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:57 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Whoever created our planet would then have also created stem cells and hence, would have had them to work with.

If he needed them, he made his own. No reason why we shouldn't be able to do that within a couple of years.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:08 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Frank, what superstition would that be? The one that allows a difference between innocence and guilt? The one that says more research needs to be done on the basics of stem cell research before we start the wholesale harvesting of embryo's? The one that wants to see evidence of repeatable successes before we devalue human life? The one that wants to see if other sources of stem cells may have the same benefits before we set up embryo farms?

Let's keep some bearing on this issue.

in 1999 there was zero federal funding for stem cell research. Now there is.
There is NO BAN on stem cell research. Anyone can do it.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:33 am
George Bush-Coward..............................
0 Replies