John Kerry - Hero........................................not

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:09 pm
Copied from another blog. If you don't believe it, I suggest you watch the PBS segment.

"Last night my local PBS showed two documentaries about 9/11/01.
The first was about NY and the second about PA and DC.
In the raw footage shot that horrible day they showed the Capitol building being evacuated.

Hundreds of people were struggling to get down those massive stairs. You saw EVERYONE helping eachother- like the elderly or women who were wearing high heels, etc.

Then the camera switched position and the vantage point was of a side staircase next to the main one. Who comes out but John Kerry.
He was dressed in an immaculate dark blue suit with a matching powder blue pocket handkerchief and silk tie. Not a hair on his overly-coiffed head was out of place.

Now remember- this was filmed while the Pentagon was in flames, three years ago...the camera man did not film John Kerry "The Candidate" he was showing some guy coming out the door...

Well our friend the hero John Kerry looks over at the crowd, shrugs his arms a bit, looks around as if to see if anyone is looking- and BOLTS down the side stairs! He didn't help a single soul! ( I guess no one was drowning)

Meanwhile- Donald Rumsfeld was ignoring his Secret Service detail so he could help carry the injured out of the burning Pentagon.

THIS IS CLASSIC KERRY! This must be what you Swiftees had to witness EVERY DAY! And then he gets medals and honors for it???

The film is called "Clear the Skies" and it was on PBS. If I hadn't been force fed pictures of John Kerry for the past several months I would have just thought it was some cowardly guy. But I sat bolt upright in my chair and said- That's John Kerry! What a coward!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 5,165 • Replies: 99
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:11 pm
Heh! Just read about the same episode in the NYT:

Quote:
Kerry's Undeclared War
By MATT BAI

Published: October 10, 2004

As New York and Washington were under attack on Sept. 11, 2001, a film crew happened to come upon John Kerry leaving the Capitol. The brief moment of footage, included in a BBC documentary called ''Clear the Skies,'' tells us something, perhaps, about Kerry in a crisis. The camera captures Congressional aides and visitors, clearly distraught and holding onto one another, streaming down the back steps of the Capitol building in near panic, following the bellowed instructions of anxious police. Off to one side of the screen, there is Kerry, alone, his long legs carrying him calmly down the steps, his neck craning toward the sky, as if he were watching a gathering rainstorm. His face and demeanor appear unworried. Kerry could be a man lost in his thoughts who just happens to have wandered onto the set of a disaster film.

''I remember looking up at the sky as I walked down the steps,'' Kerry told me recently, when I asked him about the film clip. He said that he and other members of the Senate's Democratic leadership had just watched on television as the second plane hit the World Trade Center, and shortly after that they heard the sonic boom of an explosion and saw, through a large window, the black smoke rise from the Pentagon. ''We'd had some warning that there was some airplane in the sky. And I remember seeing a great big plane -- I think it was a 747 or something -- up there, but it wasn't moving in a way that, you know, I was particularly concerned. I remember feeling a rage, a huge anger, and I remember turning to somebody and saying, 'This is war.' I said, 'This is an act of war.'''

After leaving the Capitol on that terrible day, Kerry walked across the street to his office in the Russell Senate building, where he made sure that his staff had been evacuated and was safe. Reluctant to leave Capitol Hill, he watched TV coverage in his office and saw the second tower fall. He called his older daughter, Alexandra, who was living in New York, and his wife, Teresa, who was in Washington. Those who saw Kerry that morning recall mainly that he was furious, an emotion, those close to him say, that comes easily to him in times of trial. He thought it was a mistake to shut down the Capitol, to show terrorists that they had the power to send the United States government into hiding.

''You know, my instinct was, Where's my gun?'' Kerry told me. ''How do you fight back? I wanted to do something.'' That evening, sitting at home, he called an aide and said he wanted to go to New York that very night to help the rescuers; he was ultimately convinced that such a trip was logistically impossible. In the days ahead, Kerry would make two trips to ground zero to see what remained of the carnage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/10/magazine/10KERRY.html
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:14 pm
So, are you mocking my post? The NYTimes is certainly going to put as much liberal spin on this as possible.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:38 pm
Well, the heh was mostly about how different the stories are. But sorry, not taking the one you posted very seriously, no. Not much that's empirical in it. What does his choice of what to wear that morning, before anything happened, have to do with anything? Ooh, powder blue tie! Was he supposed to instantly change into like work boots and jeans?

Same with his hair. I'm not sure if it's mussable, but what does that have anything to do with anything?

The bolts down the side stairs is subjective. They don't know what he did there. (If he did at all. Would tend to trust the NYT more on that point.)

So what exactly was witnessed? How is this damaging? He wears suits to work? OK...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:43 pm
cjhsa wrote:
So, are you mocking my post? The NYTimes is certainly going to put as much liberal spin on this as possible.

No...cj.

I'm pretty sure sozobe is not "mocking" you.

My guess is she pities you...just as I do.

My further guess is that she is telling you that you are a naive, confused, knee-jerk conservative...but she has enough class not to do it the way I would do it.

I'm sure sozobe will respond also...but you asked a question...and I am always anxious to help you understand what is going on.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:44 pm
Nor I. sozobe is a lady, and I'm no gentleman.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 05:54 pm
This is why csjha story is so full of ****:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/sun/2004/feb/06/516309920.html

And besides, GEORGE BUSH was president and leader of the free world, NOT Kerry. But if Kerry WERE president, I would venture to guess that he would react much in the same way as he had when he saved Representative Hetch's life back in 1988.

Immediately, and decisively.

This is a bogus argument.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:12 pm
Some people instinctively look around to see who they can help during a crisis--like Rumsfeld. Some don't.

I think since Kerry has purported himself as such a hero--his actions during that cataclysmic time were of interest.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:59 pm
But, what actions? According to the New York Times, his actions were to stay calm, make sure his staff was evacuated and safe, resist being evacuated himself due to his impulse to stay and fight, and try his damndest to get to New York to help rescuers there.

Whatever Rumsfeld did or didn't do, he was at an entirely different location, the Pentagon. There weren't injured people to carry out of the Capitol.

Check out Dookie's link for an example of what Kerry has done in a crisis. (Nothing to do with Vietnam, neither.)

From what I know of him, the account in the NYT sounds credible.

(Thanks for the chivalry guys, a little confusing since I'd already responded -- and who me a lady? -- but the sentiment is appreciated.)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:12 am
All cj has shown is that, in a crisis, Kerry knows enough to use the side stairs while the hysterical mob rushes down the main ones.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:33 am
Re: John Kerry - Hero.......................................
I've seen this documentary earlier - wondering about the hysteric attraction it gets now.

I think, soz summed it up to the point.

Interesting as well that cjhsa NOW is using the BBC as source for his ... ehem ... 'argumentation':
cjhsa wrote:

Even British soldiers don't watch the BBC.
[...]
[The BBC] Pissed a lot of folks off. There's such a thing as irresponsible journalism.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:45 am
I mock your silly post (I am not as refined as sozobe).

It is foolish political slime hurling.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 08:28 am
Re: John Kerry - Hero.......................................
cjhsa wrote:

The film is called "Clear the Skies" and it was on PBS. If I hadn't been force fed pictures of John Kerry for the past several months I would have just thought it was some cowardly guy. But I sat bolt upright in my chair and said- That's John Kerry! What a coward!"

I wouldn't quite call the guy a coward; more like just doesn't really give a **** about anything much other than himself. It's not quite the same thing.

What I kind of gather from reading about Kerry's wonderful adventure in VietNam is that they basically just got rid of him (the three purple hearts) because the guy was a couple of tads too weird and too much of an a$$#ole to want to have around in a dangerous environment.
0 Replies

GoodKnood

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 12:42 pm
It's the hysterical mob that Bush is counting on.

He may be disappointed.
0 Replies

GoodKnood

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 12:44 pm
Bush is the first president to fund embryonic stem cell research.

I was the first customer at food store once. Is that the the same thing?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:08 pm
Yes. And welcome to A2K GoodKnood.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:12 pm
Bush's nod toward stem cell research undercuts the argument that he is against it. He's obviously not. The Dem Scaremongers will have to find something else to accuse him of--
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:15 pm
<blinking>

Wha...? He's not against stem cell research? Is he one of those guys who vociferously says things he doesn't believe, then? (It wouldn't be hard to get several quotes...)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:17 pm
Quote:
Bush's nod toward stem cell research undercuts the argument that he is against it. He's obviously not. The Dem Scaremongers will have to find something else to accuse him of--

Are you kidding, Sofia?

He's obviously against it. Ask any scientist and they will tell you that the Bush ban is terrible science.

You really live in a fantasy world, do you know that? White is black, down is up, No WMD = justification to invade, etc...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:17 pm
If Bush was for stem cell research, he would be doing what other countries are already doing; aggressively funding it and using those embryonic cells, many of which are available frozen and, if not used, would ultimately be destroyed anyway.

So what's the difference? Will Bush now be against any type of family planning that allows for frozen embryos? This is nonsense. He's obviously catering to the religious right, because he cannot afford to lose that base vote.

Pure and simple.
0 Replies