John Kerry - Hero........................................not

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
Then, why did he fund it? Why didn't anyone else do it before he did?

To be for something, doesn't mean you have to give in to 100% of all the aspects of it. He did fund it. It's not all or nothing.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:23 pm
Why do you hate babies so much that you would sacrifice them for medical research?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:24 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Why do you hate babies so much that you would sacrifice them for medical research?
Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:25 pm
Because we DIDN'T EVEN KNOW that it needed such funding! That's how young the science is.

Bush can't take credit for being the first person to fund something we didn't even know we could do ten years ago. ANY sitting president would have funded at the levels he did.

He was initially against the funding, but bowed to pressure from scientist groups and his OWN science advisors. Sure, he voted to fund it, but he did it kicking and screaming and should NEVER hold it up as an example of how much he 'supports' it.......

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Quote:

Because a group of 100 cells isn't a baby, that's why.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6232686/site/newsweek/

Quote:
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:27 pm
I think Lash continouosly forgets that Bush has to be against something FIRST before he is for it.

And that is the most telling characteristic regarding the idiot savant in the Oval Office.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:29 pm
No kidding, Dookie...

First he's AGAINST the Office of Homeland Security, then for it...

Then he's AGAINST the 9/11 commission, then for it (though he never funded it adequately, what a f*cking joke that was)

Then he's AGAINST the committee's recommendations, then for them...

Flip
Flop

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:29 pm
I can't believe it. Did McGentrix just accuse Cycloptichorn of being a baby hater?

Is that what Bush will call Kerry in the third and last debate? I wouldn't be surprised.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:30 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
I think Lash continouosly forgets that Bush has to be against something FIRST before he is for it.

And that is the most telling characteristic regarding the idiot savant in the Oval Office.

You mispelled Kerry there. Thats K-e-r-r-y, not Bush. Oh, and he isn't in the oval office, he's justs a senator.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:31 pm
But hey, I hate cows so much that I rely on others to sacrifice them so I can eat at McDonalds.

This is just getting sillier by the minute.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:33 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1483525.stm
He spent a lot of time and sought expert advice making the decision.

He wasn't against the 911 Commission. He just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bunch of Democrats on a witch hunt and that the survivors' families wouldn't be unduly traumatised. They gathered info and set parameters before going forward with approval.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:35 pm
I knew english was a second language for you, McGentrix.

B-U-S-H Flip Flops:

Bush is against campaign finance reform; then he's for it.

Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.

Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.

Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he's for it.

Bush is against nation building; then he's for it.

Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.

Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's against them again.

Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State.

Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution.

Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn't.

Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he cuts benefits

Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.

Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts drilling on Padre Island.

Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.

Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will

Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say's he shouldn't have.

Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote

Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.

Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.

And that's just smattering.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
Didn't he also backpedal all over himself regarding Taiwan in his first year? I recall he let his mouth write a check that his ass couldn't cash...
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:

You mispelled Kerry there. Thats K-e-r-r-y, not Bush. Oh, and he isn't in the oval office, he's justs a senator.

I know you are but what am I?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
I think this is more than backpedaling.

It's just plain incompetence.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:40 pm
Yep, Bush is a real pancake. but when compared to Kerry's long and distinguished career, he is a mere amatuer flip flopper.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:41 pm
I think Einherjar pretty much got the gist of McGentrix's last adolescent response.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:41 pm
Gosh, you're saying that Bush wasn't, at one point, clearly against the research? Why don't you attempt to read your own link, Lash?

From Lash's second link,

Quote:
The BBC's Paul Reynolds in Washington says the move is a break from the total opposition Mr Bush expressed during the election campaign, but is the most restricted one he could probably have taken given his pro-life position.

Just to clear things up for those watching

Bush was COMPLETELY against the research, before flip-flopping and deciding to allow it.

Care to explain his pathetic funding of the 9/11 commission?

How about how he and Condi didn't want to talk to the commission before public pressure forced them to?

Lash Wrote (incorrectly):
Quote:
He wasn't against the 911 Commission. He just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bunch of Democrats on a witch hunt and that the survivors' families wouldn't be unduly traumatised. They gathered info and set parameters before going forward with approval.

Hmm, that seems to be at odds with his public statements at the time. You really should check your facts more, Lash.

Quote:
President Bush took a few minutes during his trip to Europe Thursday to voice his opposition to establishing a special commission to probe how the government dealt with terror warnings before Sept. 11.

Mr. Bush said the matter should be dealt with by congressional intelligence committees.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/15/attack/main509096.shtml

And he continued to say that, until he got so much pressure from the public and his own party that he.... changed his stance!

Like I said before

FLIP
FLOP

And you're living in a fantasy world, Lash.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 01:44 pm
What's important to note here is that Republican neoconservatives on these threads tend to NOT do their research, but instead absorb the talking points from Faux News and Karl Rove, and make them their own in these debates.

That is REALLY quite sad...
0 Replies