Is anyone else frustrated?

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:31 pm
Fox sez:

Quote:
Um, so she would look even better in 2008?

As long as you continue your delusional rants, yes. But only in your own head.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:23 am
funny how the real americans here have such a big problem with hillary's supposed designs on the white house, but haven't said squat about the hatch bill that would let a foreigner, say ahnold, be president.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 02:10 am
Hey, DTOM, how's things?

Interesting comparison with H. Clinton and Arnie. You're right; I have to laugh when my peoples bang their fist in support of the Hatch bill just 'cause Arnie wants to be president. But, both sides have done that often enough, I guess.

My issues with H. Clinton have to do more with her (at the time) running for the Senate in NY based on her husband's success. That is irrelevant now, as she has had time to build her own persona and reputation. Just like Arnie. :wink:

Scoates posed a compelling question. I was a McCain supporter in the 2000 Repub primaries, but decided to support Bush instead of Gore in the election. And I respect McCain enough that his endorsement of Bush this year reaffirms my support of a Bush reelection. But I think I would have still supported McCain if incumbent presidents were challenged in their own primaries. This is another sign of both sides being more interested in obtaining/keeping power then the good of the country.

But what were the Dems thinking with nominating Kerry? I truly think this election for liberals is strictly about throwing Bush out instead of having any excitement about their candidate.

It would have been fascinating to watch this election if it would have been Bush vs Dean. Dean was actually pretty attractive in the eyes of many conservatives in some of his issues, and he certainly seemed to have core positions when he was running for the Dem nomination.

It will be intriguing to see how it all shakes out.....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 02:13 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
funny how the real americans here have such a big problem with hillary's supposed designs on the white house, but haven't said squat about the hatch bill that would let a foreigner, say ahnold, be president.

Rolling Eyes
How is that funny? How can you tell who the real Americans are? How are those two things even related? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:22 am
A Lone Voice wrote:
Hey, DTOM, how's things?

doin' okee dokee, alv. ya awright?

A Lone Voice wrote:
Interesting comparison with H. Clinton and Arnie. You're right; I have to laugh when my peoples bang their fist in support of the Hatch bill just 'cause Arnie wants to be president. But, both sides have done that often enough, I guess.

yup. me guess so too. and to honest, ahnold might be kinda okay. if he carried out his stated goal of " socially liberal, fiscally conservative" riff. seems like the beat of both worlds to me.

A Lone Voice wrote:
My issues with H. Clinton have to do more with her (at the time) running for the Senate in NY based on her husband's success. That is irrelevant now, as she has had time to build her own persona and reputation. Just like Arnie. :wink:

well, yep. my homies from my nyc days think she's doin' okay for them. out here, on the left coast, time's too short to tell about ahnold. ( but gawd... you should see the way my friend's (from dusseldorf) eyes go absolutely berserk when i do my "cal ee forn ee ahh" speech... hahahaha.

so far, he hasn't done anything to totally tick me off. but i really wish he'd stop using tag lines from his movies to make a point.

A Lone Voice wrote:
Scoates posed a compelling question. I was a McCain supporter in the 2000 Repub primaries,

i was actually hoping that he'd be the rep. candidate. i might have voted for him instead of gore. oh, wellll....

A Lone Voice wrote:
And I respect McCain enough that his endorsement of Bush this year reaffirms my support of a Bush reelection.

mack had no choice. support bush or die a political death next election. but, alv, don't you find it interesting that mccain and kerry are buddies?

[quote="A Lone Voice"This is another sign of both sides being more interested in obtaining/keeping power then the good of the country..[/quote]

damned straight dude. that's why it's important to constantly remind them all who they work for. reps and dems have to stay on their cases. otherwise, they get fat and sassy and start believing their own spiel.

A Lone Voice wrote:
But what were the Dems thinking with nominating Kerry? I truly think this election for liberals is strictly about throwing Bush out instead of having any excitement about their candidate.

well, alv,... i'm not so sure that it's "just about liberals" being unhappy with bush. my parents aren't "liberals"; they remind me of that everytime i talk with them. lol!! but neither is none too happy with the state of things.

for myself? i got interested in kerry when he came back at delay on patriotism. i said to myself; "self, what we need is an ass kicker". dean had a lot of good things to say, but basically i did not envision him making it to the final down. kerry, i felt, had a chance of taking my fight to the end zone. and i think he's gonna do it. bush has too many traditonal republicans pissed at him for a landslide. young and old alike, that i know and talk with, are not into the bush doctrine on anything.

A Lone Voice wrote:
It would have been fascinating to watch this election if it would have been Bush vs Dean. Dean was actually pretty attractive in the eyes of many conservatives in some of his issues,

what??? really ??? i have never heard any of my con friends say that. all they have said to me is "anti-war freak!!!". but man, if ya got something for me, give it up! this i've gotta hear!

A Lone Voice wrote:
It will be intriguing to see how it all shakes out.....

yep. at the very least... Cool
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:27 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
How can you tell who the real Americans are? :

by the way they tell me how un-american and un-patriotic i am every time i ask a question about just what the 'uck ol' dubya is doin'.

"liberal!!" ... "hate america firster!!!"... "saddam lover!!!"

they obviously consider themselves to be the real americans, eh, bill?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 03:41 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
funny how the real americans here...haven't said squat about the hatch bill that would let a foreigner, say ahnold, be president.

Rolling Eyes
How are those two things even related? Rolling Eyes

oh, please bill... don't be coy. real americans talk about "traditional american values" all over the place when it suits them, i.e. ten commandments in the courthouse, prayer in the classroom, "under god" in the pledge ( none of which are particularly american, as layed out by the framers, despite rightwing blathering), yet are falling all over themselves to amend the constitution ( again??) so that a foreigner, ummm, say an austrian recently elected governor via a dubious recall, with a really sexy public image, and a republican to boot, could be president. even though that's a major no-no in the eyes of the founding fathers.

jesus... talk about partisan politics...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:11 am
Okay, I admit it, Saddam and his sons were once my love slaves. Every time we did the nasty together, they used to shout in unison, with a strange affectation of a Southern drawl: "Now thassaddam lover!"

Before they met me, they only drank mint tea, but I introduced them to the mint julep. Maybe that's where the trouble started.

Once in a while, the boys preferred Bush, as they were bi-partisan, but every time they hooked up, they found themselves wiping their behinds with the Constitution. Being well raised, they realized that parchment hurt much more than soft 2-ply tissue, and so they returned to me. Often they found that after a romp with Bush, the 2-ply tissue was still not enough to calm their wounds. Then I suggested an idea: "Why don't we invent a 3-ply tissue?"

They were ecstatic at the idea. "Yes, we use old factories to make it!"

Sadly, the factories were bombed into submission before the 3-ply tissue could be made. I gazed skywards and shouted "It wasn't weapons of mass destruction! The boys just ate too many lentils!"

(I just figured that as so many folks use OpEd pieces as "evidence" in these forums, I'd write one of my own)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:39 am
ooohhhhhhh!!!!!

you really are a wicked little beastie!!!

ooooohhhhhhh!!!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:42 am
Laughing I am planning a fourth debate, but so far, neither Bush nor Kerry's people have returned my calls.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 04:54 am
trying to "negotiate" the additional 32 pages of rules before committing?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 05:01 am
I don't need no steenking rules, just rhetoric, a good haircut, and my wife.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 05:02 am
Oh, a gospel band backing me up would be cool as well.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:00 am
Quote:
...and my wife.

Well, someone needs to be around to tell you to stand up straight and quit scowling.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:11 am
cavfancier wrote:
Oh, a gospel band backing me up would be cool as well.

"onward christian sold-yurahs..."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:26 am
revel wrote:
Quote:
...and my wife.

Well, someone needs to be around to tell you to stand up straight and quit scowling.

Who be scowling? Regarding the debates, we Canajuns haven't seen such great comedy since Young Frankenstein.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:36 am
cavfancier wrote:
we Canajuns haven't seen such great comedy since Young Frankenstein.

guess y'all missed "wag the dog"...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:37 am
Ever seen 'Canadian Bacon?'
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:27 am
cavfancier wrote:
Ever seen 'Canadian Bacon?'

i think i did.... with the big guy from snl? sorry. i'm totally burned out from being up late and can't remember his name.

or was that the hosehead guys from 2nd city???
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:35 am
Laughing It was with John Candy, who did once perform with 2nd City. It wasn't a great movie, but the concept was interesting. I preferred 'South Park: The Movie" actually.
0 Replies