who is the dalai lama i have to write an article & i know nothing about him so i have few

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 05:06 pm
1) the Western view of the Dalai Lama and how it contributed to his reputation.
2) the Chinese government’s view of the Dalai Lama and how it contributed to his reputation.
3) the interplay of religious, personal and political qualities/factors in the construction of the Dalai Lama’s reputation
4)Reflect on how “flattening complexities” account for the emergence of competing reputation

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 05:08 pm
@danahassan143,
Are you familiar with a new website called "Google"? You can type in a few keywords and it gives you loads of information! You should try it!
danahassan143

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 05:35 pm
@TomTomBinks,
well i tried but still didn't get the answer i want , Genius!
roger

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 05:38 pm
@danahassan143,
Well, write down the answer you DO want and turn it in.

Really, it was a good suggestion.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 07:16 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

Are you familiar with a new website called "Google"? You can type in a few keywords and it gives you loads of information! You should try it!

No time Missus!

Paper's due in the morning!
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:36 am
@chai2,
I don't mean to sound like an grumpy old man, but Back in my day I'd have loved to have a resource like the internet. I had to go to the library! Yes, I had to pick my sorry ass off the couch and GO OUTSIDE and either walk to the local or take a bus to the big library downtown and then I'd have to FIND the books I needed and then page through them and read the information and then COPY IT DOWN in a notebook and then go home and use that information to compile a report. Crazy, huh?
chai2

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:41 am
@TomTomBinks,
Oh no Tom Tom, that was a paraphrasing of a line from A Clockwork Orange.

My husband and I often say to each other "No time Missus, I've got meters to read!"

The other day I was telling him about a dog I almost hit when I was 2 blocks from our house. It was young, had escaped its yard, and was delirious from the unexpected freedom. It's owner and her 2 kids were frantic trying to get him to come back. I drove up to it and opened my passenger door hoping he'd jump in, but he was all "No time Missus! They're after me and I've got to get myself killed first!"

Actually I think the line is "no time for the old in and out, I'm here to read your meter"
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:42 am
Yeah re the library. How did we survive?
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 10:27 am
@chai2,
Somehow, with our primitive methods we muddled through! I think part of the learning process is the effort that goes with it. if it's too easy it just doesn't stick. Of course our OP who should be getting the benefit of my sarcasm is long gone. We couldn't give him a ready answer that he could cut/paste/print so he doesn't have any use for us.
0 Replies