Charges rejected against Michael Moore

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:12 pm
woiyo, you do not seem to understand that you are easily baited on this subject and do more to spread Moore's point than he could himself. Those were gag presents, and the prosecutors were well aware of that. If they had attempted to charge and prosecute Moore, which he may well have wanted, they would have provided him with a priceless platform, in a crucial electorial state. He would have made them look vindictive, foolish (which you are making yourself look) and attempting to squelch a voter registration drive. All of all of which would have been put into play in the election campaign. They wisely stayed out of politics.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:13 pm
Ah, yes, speaking of election laws being broken:

http://democrats.com/images/miamirioters.jpg

Honestly, you neocons are EXPERTS at breaking election laws:

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=176&row=2

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/111400-01.htm

If Florida has a specific law requiring an automatic manual recount of a close election, then WHY do the new voting machines (made by Diebold, whose CEO promised to deliver the White House to Bush) NOT offer a papertrail?

And how is that NOT breaking the law?

Honestly, you neocons are becoming more of a joke everyday. Such blind hypocrisy of the like I have never seen.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:54 pm
Their vitriol against Moore especially just reveals their basic insecurity.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:57 pm
How so LW? Does the vitriol against Bush demonstrated by the various users here just reveal their basic insecurities?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
Quote:
Does the vitriol against Bush demonstrated by the various users here just reveal their basic insecurities?

Nope, just their core convinctions. Afterall, Bush has given the world alot in which to hate him.

Those who hate Michael Moore are predominantly those who refuse to see his film to perhaps make a more valued judgement.

That's really quite sad.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:11 pm
woiyo wrote:
DA has no balls!

Quote:
A spokeswoman for Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said Thursday that election law violations should be handled by the attorney general's office.

My God! I think woiyo is correct!

[Moderator: broken image link removed]

Kym Worthy, Wayne County Prosecutor
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:16 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
It is truly sad that McGentrix would consider our U.S. soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq as idiots as well.

As a U.S. soldier, wouldn't you want to know the truth about what is going on in Iraq? Boy, I sure would...

Nice use of hyperbole. If anyone wants to know the truth, they certainly won't seek out Moore to find it.

So you see, if you wait long enough things work out.....we've discovered that you and Michael Moore have at least on thing in common.....this is real progress Very Happy
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
McGentrix:

Quote:
Nice use of hyperbole. If anyone wants to know the truth, they certainly won't seek out Moore to find it.

Unfortunately for you, many U.S. soldiers overseas ARE seeking the truth by seeing Michael's movie:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0921/p02s02-usmi.html

Are these soldiers who fought in Iraq idiots, McGentrix? I see no uses of hyperbole here at all. It's sad that you do.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:
DA has no balls!

Quote:
A spokeswoman for Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said Thursday that election law violations should be handled by the attorney general's office.

My God! I think woiyo is correct!

[Moderator: broken image link removed]

Kym Worthy, Wayne County Prosecutor

Are you sure she has no testicular fortitude or are you just trying to be funny ?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:32 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
McGentrix:

Quote:

Unfortunately for you, many U.S. soldiers overseas ARE seeking the truth by seeing Michael's movie:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0921/p02s02-usmi.html

Are these soldiers who fought in Iraq idiots, McGentrix? I see no uses of hyperbole here at all. It's sad that you do.

Seeking? yes. Finding? No.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:33 pm
woiyo sez:

Quote:
Are you sure she has no testicular fortitude or are you just trying to be funny ?

I think woiyo completely missed it. Laughing
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:36 pm
McGentrix:

I offered several letters from soldiers in Iraq who are seeing the truth of the war and are speaking out.

Are they idiots? There are many who have also seen Michael's movie. Are they idiots? Did you read the article?
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:49 pm
Perhaps, McG should use the example of Paul Bremer and make a statement where he clarifies what he meant to say, not what he did say.

By the way:
Charlie Sheen replaced Michael J Fox on the ABC sitcom "Spin City"

Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:59 pm
Why would I need to do that? The idiots that believe Moore is some kind of "hero" of the people are idiots. That's the onlt explanantion for it because all he offers is propaganda mixed with half-truths and exagerrations.

Dookiestix is looking for some sort of guilty admission from me and has been badgering for 3 pages now.

You can probably tell from his unoriginal avatar that he gets his ideas from people like Moore, commondreams, etc. I have been saddened by the closing of abuzz as the flotsom and jetsom seems to floated here.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:02 pm
I see ... how about them ducks then?

Heather Locklear appeared with Michael J Fox and Charlie Sheen in the ABC sitcom "Spin City"
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:06 pm
McGentrix:

Quote:
Why would I need to do that? The idiots that believe Moore is some kind of "hero" of the people are idiots.

Then your answer is yes, as there are soldiers calling Michael a hero for bringing the truth about this war to the American people.

Have you seen the movie?
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:08 pm
I saw Michael Moore a short time ago. He was one hell of a speaker. He knew how to work a crowd and how to get those in the crowd who were not registered to do so. The underwear and t-shirts were gag "gifts."

One memorable comment was when he pointed out that both Bush and Clinton lied. Bush about a war in which over a thousand US soldiers have died. Clinton lied about a blow job. When's the last time you heard about anyone dieing from a blow job?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:10 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Why would I need to do that? The idiots that believe Moore is some kind of "hero" of the people are idiots. That's the onlt explanantion for it because all he offers is propaganda mixed with half-truths and exagerrations.

Dookiestix is looking for some sort of guilty admission from me and has been badgering for 3 pages now.

You can probably tell from his unoriginal avatar that he gets his ideas from people like Moore, commondreams, etc. I have been saddened by the closing of abuzz as the flotsom and jetsom seems to floated here.

have you stopped to consider that people consider bush and those to believe him to be idiots as well and that because you think someone is flotsam, jetsam or an idiot absolutely doesn't make it so? Just wondering....and his red avatar of course is identical in all but one respect to yours...so apparently he may get at least some of his idiotic ideas from you, or at the very least there is no reason to equate his avatar with getting ideas from Moore......take a deep breath bud, you're stressin'.......I don't want to have my concentration broken tonight because I'm worried about you :wink:

One more thing flotsam and jetsam are spelled with an a.....anything I can do to help....
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:25 pm
Actually, McGentrix, the fun thing about these avatars is that you can change them from time to time. It's really quite fun. You should try it more often. I think you'd lighten up a bit.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:49 pm
Some need to go back to school and take advantage of no child left behind.
0 Replies