@glitterbag,
She was lovely.

RIP.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 01:17 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

She loved having the dogs, I remember pictures of Pacco (I think). I remember Katie, but not the breed.....was Katie a spaniel?

Nope. Katie was a Belgian Shepherd. Looked very much like a German Shepherd, but with longer hair. Also, Belgians are less likely to bark, not that the German Shepherds are bad about.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 01:34 am
@roger,
OK, now I remember........I remember her description of Katie, I don't think I ever saw a picture, but Osso was great with descriptions.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 04:05 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
...many women have given up on this place but not Osso, no she was loved and cared about.

You're part of the dogpile crew destroying a once=great forum, so know your place, hippy.
hightor

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 05:02 am
@Builder,
You're just spouting gibberish. Go to bed.
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 06:21 am
@hightor,
I've had that sick puppy on ignore for years!

I am sadden to hear about Osso, she was probably one of the first members of this forum that private messaged me. R.I P. my friend.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 06:33 am
@glitterbag,
I've missed her so much. Feeling a little heartbroken this morning reading this.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 07:15 am
@glitterbag,
Sorry to hear that news. Osso was with us from Abuzz days.

RIP.
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 07:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
It's strange but when I go into my inbox I have a lot of old messages from users but none from Osso and we used to message each other, her name was Jo.
blatham

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 07:44 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
One of our old compatriots Osso Bucco died yesterday.
That is sad news. Jane and I had spent time with Osso in Albuquerque (and I think in San Francisco as well). I knew she had not been doing well for some years and she fell out of touch with me quite a while ago. When her computer died, I offered to have a new one sent to her but she felt awkward about this and told me not to do it. She was a very sweet and engaging person. I liked her immediately.
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 08:38 am
Very very sad news. I only met osso once but liked her as much in person as on line. She was one of the reasons I hung around on A2K. She was smart, funny and no BS.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 09:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am so sorry to hear about Osso. I met her in Albequerque, and she was a lovely person. I remember her from Abuzz.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 10:18 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

When her computer died, I offered to have a new one sent to her but she felt awkward about this and told me not to do it. She was a very sweet and engaging person.

I did the same thing, when I bought my new computer I offered to give her my old laptop which worked fine, that's when she gave me her full name and address in Albuquerque, but it was too late, I didn't know the Puerto Rican had already donated the laptop to the school.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 11:21 am
@glitterbag,
Agreed. I met a bunch of them in ABQ 15 years ago at Bob and Diane's. She, Thomas and I went to Taos to see the arts. That was a very funny day. She was a sweetie. RIP, Jo.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 11:42 am
@Mame,
Jo wasn't only a sweetie but a very good painter, too.
She didn't think so, but had among the dozens of own paintings in her house were some which really were not only nice but excellent.
Mame

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 11:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, I remember going to her place and seeing some of them. And she loved everything Italian Smile
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 12:04 pm
@Mame,
And architecture, I remember her not liking the arches I put in my old house in Florida Razz
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 12:24 pm
I only had a few interactions with her but quickly realized that we'd have a lot to talk about – and then she left the site. She was a fine human being.
Mame

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 01:20 pm
@hightor,
She was much different in person. Here she sometimes babbled and didn't make much sense, but IRL she was not that way at all.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 02:06 pm
@Mame,
Going out for lunch/dinner with her (what I did a couple of times) could sometimes be "difficult" (since she knew a lot about food and it had to be done). Wink