LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

JPB

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 08:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Looking back a couple pages I saw that eb had posted about Bill's cancer and his "living wake" last summer. He's still going (I won't say strong, but still doing better than anyone thought he would be) and is posting occasional updates on FB. The last one this week indicated that his cancer markers are way down, his bilirubin is much too high, but he's keeping on keeping on.

In other news, Ms CowDoc posted on FB yesterday that Cowdoc passed away this week. He succumbed to metastatic prostate cancer. A nice writeup about him from last spring in this article. RIP Doc. Thoughts to Ms. https://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/cancer-has-put-veterinarian-in-wheelchair-but-hes-still-helping-animals-any-way-he-can/article_87689654-7520-579c-9b39-a410b1cb2903.html
jespah

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 09:13 am
@JPB,
RP and I met them I don't know how many years ago when they were in Boston. We went to No Name's and had seafood and talked, and he was just larger than life.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 09:24 am
@jespah,

2015 https://able2know.org/topic/267870-1

RIP Cope...

https://iili.io/HuR7iOv.jpg

joe 2nation

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 06:47 pm
@blatham,
Are you somewhat near the Upper East Side? Because that would be a fine place to be somewhat.
Joe(Never go past Fifth Avenue)Nation
blatham

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2022 11:17 pm
@joe 2nation,
I slid west. Way west.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2023 10:49 am
@joe 2nation,
Waves @

Joe(arosebyanyothername)nation
joe 2nation

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2023 01:40 pm
@Joeblow,
Hello, Hello.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2023 10:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Very sad news.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:16 pm
I saw some terrible news from Diane over on Facebook today. One of our old compatriots Osso Bucco died yesterday. I don't know the cause of death, but I remember she did have a great deal of trouble with her eyes and she stopped posting on A2K a few years ago. I remember she had trouble with her computer and it finally quit altogether. I don't know if she couldn't communicate because she couldn't adapt to a newer model but that is just a guess on my part. Osso had such an interesting mind and such a novel way of communicating I always loved to read everything she had to say. I know many of the oldest members here will remember her with great affection and we will all suffer a sense of loss. I'm sure many of us have missed her terribly and I regret knowing I won't be able to speak to her again.

Rest in peace dear friend
BillW

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:27 pm
@glitterbag,
RIP
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:31 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh that's so sad. I know it's been a long time since she posted here but I always thought that one day she would master the new computer and be back here. I also loved reading what she wrote, she had a very eventful life and experienced so much.

Rest in peace Osso.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks for posting that. I haven't heard a word from the Albuquerque bunch since FreeDuck passed through a number of years ago.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:45 pm
@roger,
I just heard about osso today - very sad. She certainly was a character. What was her Corgi's name? Can't remember...

Roger, Diane was diagnosed with Alzheimer/Dementia, she has difficulties,
perhaps that's why you haven't heard anything.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:47 pm
@roger,
It's very sad, I know that we don't get to live forever but damn, it's hurts to see your friends leave.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:48 pm
@CalamityJane,
Was the Corgi's name Pacco?
roger

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:52 pm
@glitterbag,
I believe it was. At a time when she was dogless, my sister went into an Alzheimer's facility and I got her dog, Katie, transferred to Osso. It went well till Katie died of cancer.
Below viewing threshold (view)
roger

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2023 11:58 pm
@Builder,
Total BS.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 12:03 am
@roger,
She loved having the dogs, I remember pictures of Pacco (I think). I remember Katie, but not the breed.....was Katie a spaniel?

I was thinking earlier about so many of the friends we have lost over the years. I think I met Osso on NewYorkTime Abuzz, and that was well over 20 years ago. We all became a big fractious but harmonious family, lets not see anymore losses for a long time.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 12:06 am
@Builder,
Always good to see you builder, let me pour you a big glass of STFU. How dare you say she was hounded out, many women have given up on this place but not Osso, no she was loved and cared about.