LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

Mame

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 02:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
When the three of us went to Taos, we went to a deli and ordered our lunch. While she was in the bathroom two of our meals were brought to our table. Thomas began eating what turned out to be Osso's sandwich, lol. When she returned, she exclaimed he was eating her lunch. He offered what was left of it to her, ha ha. He's a very funny dude, too. I don't know how that got resolved, but we had a good laugh over his offer.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 05:00 pm
@jcboy,
Maybe because there is a limit on stored messages. When you reach the limit, every new message means the oldest is deleted.
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 07:33 pm
@roger,
I think you may be right. I only have two pages of private messages and they go back over ten years but nothing from Osso. I clicked on her profile and tried to sent a new message hoping the old message would pop up but it said "No message found"
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 08:14 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
RP and I met them I don't know how many years ago when they were in Boston. We went to No Name's and had seafood and talked, and he was just larger than life.

Lots of sad news.

I met CowDoc and his wife when their travels brought them to Phoenix, and then again just Cope on a later trip. "Larger than life" is an apt description of him. He reminded me of Dan Blocker ("Hoss" on Bonanza). He was from Kansas. In fact we discovered that he and I were born in the same hospital, a couple of decades apart.

And very sad to hear about Osso. I had hoped to meet her during one of my trips through ABQ, but sadly that never happened.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 09:06 pm
@Ticomaya,
Reminds us of our own mortality - we all get up there in age! Next year marks the 20th anniversary that I first set "foot" onto the halls of a2k. I miss the good old days where the old forum setup was much more user friendly.
Ragman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 09:26 pm
I’m deeply saddened to read of Jo’s passing. We often would PM about this and that. I wished I had met her in person but until the last 7 Years I wasn’t a traveler. We shared a few interests such as art, food, people, playing NFL Pickem contest (along with Cope/MrCowdoc) and participating in the forum for over 20 (or is it almost 25) years…back to days of Abuzz.

There’s been a deep void ever since she’s not been around. May she RIP. She was one of good ones.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 09:56 pm
@Ragman,
Jo is Oso nd Osso i JO? correct?. So sad .Howd you find out?
I missed her opinions rgarding studio arts. We dont seem to have anyone left thats doing art work.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2023 10:10 pm
@farmerman,
I saw it on Facebook earlier today, it was written by her neighbor Diane. Diane used to post here as well but now just on Facebook. There may be other sites, I suppose, I just don't know. It's very sad to lose her, I miss her conversation and attitude.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 01:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Next year marks the 20th anniversary that I first set "foot" onto the halls of a2k.

As you know, you joined A2K one week before me.

Quote:
I miss the good old days where the old forum setup was much more user friendly.

So do I, CJ.
blatham

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 02:26 pm
@Ticomaya,
Well, good grief. Ticomaya!

There is a rare phenomenon up here in the Pacific Northwest where the atmospheric river comes crashing into the aurora borealis like two crazed female water buffalo in estrus and when this rare event happens and for reasons far beyond my ken I will find myself thinking of you.
lmur

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 04:24 pm
@glitterbag,
RIP ossobuco. Her posting style was unique. Ticomaya captured it perfectly back in 2010 in an 'impersonations' thread started by Robert Gentel. It was worth searching through Robert's back catalogue to find these posts, when a2k was somewhat more fun.

https://able2know.org/topic/142167-1#post-3916458
https://able2know.org/topic/142167-1#post-3916466
Mame

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 04:50 pm
Yes, it was more fun back in the day. Too many people have disappeared.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 04:51 pm
@Ticomaya,
Yeah Tico ! Before they lock me up in a retirement hole, let me know when you're back to Mission Beach!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 04:52 pm
@lmur,
lmur wrote:

RIP ossobuco. Her posting style was unique. Ticomaya captured it perfectly back in 2010 in an 'impersonations' thread started by Robert Gentel. It was worth searching through Robert's back catalogue to find these posts, when a2k was somewhat more fun.

https://able2know.org/topic/142167-1#post-3916458
https://able2know.org/topic/142167-1#post-3916466

They're funny indeed!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 05:15 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
One of our old compatriots Osso Bucco died yesterday.

I'm very sorry to hear this! I had met Ossobucco in Chicago, and a couple of times in Albuquerque. I can confirm everybody's testimony of what a lovely person she was.
roger

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 05:44 pm
@Thomas,
At least, Thomas is back, even if briefly.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2023 08:24 pm
@Thomas,
She really was lovely, and will be sorely missed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 08:05 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
One of our old compatriots Osso Bucco died yesterday.

I'm very sorry to hear this! I had met Ossobucco in Chicago, and a couple of times in Albuquerque. I can confirm everybody's testimony of what a lovely person she was.

Good to see ya, Ole Buddy. Jonathan told me you had been in town. Sorry I missed you.
Thomas

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 04:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Glad to be here! So what's new around here? Have you picked a side on God yet, or are you still an evangelical Agnostic?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2023 04:25 pm
@Thomas,
No, Frank's a cargo cultist now.

He's got a shrine to a Boeing 747 in his back garden.
0 Replies