LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 06:20 pm
@Roberta,
I thank you mightily. I was thinking of you as I was reading the University Med centers "Imaging Center Spring Newsletter"> They needed editing badly and I did a quick blue line and sent it to the head of my GI team. He was laughing and swearing at the same time
glitterbag

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 07:33 pm
@farmerman,
Yikes, you poor soul, I know you suffered having had the same problems myself although way back when I was about 28. Try to be careful with ice-cream, fried foods and saturated fats. I remember being in a Howard Johnson with my mother about 8 weeks after the gall bladder surgery, I was so skinny. I lost so much weight during the time before the surgery and my mother and I decided to top off the bland meal with a hot caramel sundae with nuts and whipped cream. Wow, I thought I would have to take up residence in the Ladies room.

Your body will adapt to the reconfiguring of the digestive tract, just take it slow. I was never a big fan of fried food, but I can eat it now without having my GI tract convulsing. I limit it only because I'm not keen on it.
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2016 08:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Mrs F suffers on with me. She bought a whole ton of these frozen weight- watchers dinners and tonight we had a nice lemon grass chicken with abominado rice (?). Small portions but she served up some apple slices in an aged balsamic vinegar as a dessert side. that was verry tasty with a little sweet vinegary zing.
Im prolly going to be like a food monk for the next few weeks. The pain and dis comfort is still burning fresh in my mind to the extent that food still sorta scares me but now Im hungry.
Creams, hard cheeses, (all of which I love) spiderlike seafood animals . fatty meats, frying as a prep. bbq ribs-- are all out for now.
Tomorow were going to try crepes with some kind of baked fish taco thingy.
O yeh, I asked my GI guy about how careful I had to be with chiles. He said no care at all, just avoid for about a month and then do mynsurvival training taste test with a tiny bit and wait 15 minutes. until my body "gets it"

pancreatitis is really ugly especially when its the pancreas BEING attacked by an angry organ.

Rice Krispies with acidophilus skim is ok but not too much in a bowl.

We buy these milled and roasted Rice Krisp cereal. made at a real aterwheeled groat mill. They do the milling and then send it to be roasted and popped into a cereal. Its waaay better than rice krispies.

Mrs F found a bunch of vanilla caramel water ices (more like an icy gellato)

I didnt realize she was thinking so far ahead . She called the nutrition center at the hospipta and they sent someone put to the House. (The hospitals in Philly an we live about 80 miles west. SO she met with the nutritionist pn Thurs and had a list of diet components by Fri and I was all worried about being the trial canary .
They have diets for every organ and tissue of yer body.

George

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 01:34 pm
Glad to hear you're getting better!
Looks like "fun food" is out of the question for a while.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 01:39 pm
@George,
Not necessarily.

http://www.dyspraxia.ie/userfiles/image/Dyspraxia%20Healthy%20Eating.jpg
George

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 01:42 pm
@izzythepush,
HA!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 01:47 pm
@izzythepush,
They look quite appetising.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 01:51 pm
@farmerman,
That Rice Crisp stuff sounds good. I might even check my cereal aisle for it. (I haven't eaten cereal for at least a decade, though I eat plenty of grains otherwise (present favorite being farro from red mill, love it, cooked chewy instead of mushy, cook it in chicken stock, use it in a lot of dishes, including homemade burritos).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:01 pm
Just a note to tell farmerman I wish him well.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
thank you. 'Preciate it.

DId you ever see that photo of a girl in a bikini with a butt side tan line in the shape of a.45 cal?
Its a Texas thing I believe.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:31 pm
@George,
Im more a "savory flqvor" guy who enjoys spices an herbs and sauces from different places (like Bangkok Padang or Jerkery etc).
Ill be eating low Glycemic index foods for a bit.

Mrs F has already scored with two in a row Gi meals since yesterday.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:39 pm
@izzythepush,
I guess I come closest to the top middle one. Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:40 pm
@farmerman,
For low glycemic index foods, you can have all the green beans you want. Actually, you can have a great deal more than you will ever want.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:46 pm
@roger,
According to Dr Ryan Phasouk,
Quote:
Beans can cause gas, no matter what the color/type.
Source: HealthTap, https://www.healthtap.com/user_questions/1060900

Just thought you'd like to know.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
I am eating boiled everything, broccoli, some tomatoes, rice or potatoes and mostly fish or chicken no red meat since I had 2 nervous ulcers in my stomach past year...
My wife doesn't let me touch anything else...once every three months I can eat fried potatoes with meat or some similar treat but that's it. My cholesterol levels were about 255 mostly bad cholesterol but with medication and ultra diet they fell to 130...now since I stop just eating carrot soup and boiled fish and stop cholesterol medication my levels have risen again above 200...anyway I am just 42 ("just" 42, I wish I had half off that) and have a life of diet ahead cheers for me ! Good news I use to have a very serious sleeping problem going on for decades and now finally got to have some sleeping pills, no way around it. At least they are working and I can get around 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Cigarettes are now just 17 per day I use to go over 30...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:33 pm
farmer and fil...

I've been cooking a lot of dried beans lately, accompanied with rice, corn bread, etc. Feel very good. Eating at least a cup of them (cooked measure) almost every day. Try to get closer to 1 and a half or 2.
It's amazing how long they stay with you, and how when I eat other things I'm much more selective, because I don't want as much.

Don't have problems with the gas, as I soak them, discarding the water twice before cooking. I always ate quite a bit of fiber anyway, just had to get rid of the fart sugar.

I have some cajun spiced red beans cooling on the stove right now, they'll last me about 3 days.

If anyone is just starting incorporating dried beans into their diet, perhaps start slow, with a half a cup 4 every other day, building up to most days, and more.

I mostly like them for my first meal of the day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:54 pm
@farmerman,
This will sound corny but I love your loving your wife and vice versa.
I'll shut up about that now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 09:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
snort.. add a tad of baking soda (much online advised by smarty cooks; I take it to counteract what I learned was hyaluronic acid, decades ago.

I don't do that, I just gather the bubbles once in a while.

There are specific recipes for this, I think, something like 1/4 tsp baking soda.

See Alton.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 09:26 pm
@farmerman,
Didn't see it. I did see two barbecue pits in the shape of Colt 45s. This isn't it, but it is similar.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/04/5c/ce/045cceb39aa50ed12b28fef8e5e11746.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2016 09:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
texas tan line

http://owned.com/media/_cache/adjusted/postblock/image/1/0/5/8/10582.jpg.png

(you didn't hear that from me)
0 Replies