LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

Asherman

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 01:20 pm
It has been quite awhile since I've visited A2K, so this morning it was surprising to learn that I've been inducted into the A2K Hall of Fame. Underscoring that surprise is that a site dominated by the Left, would still remember an old Conservative who supported George Bush, and remains committed to winning the war on terror initiated by radical Islamic factions.

Has A2K evolved into a site where open-mindedness and civility are more common? I would hope so, but sorta doubt it. Now, I'll have to visit more often, if nothing else just to see if it is a friendlier place.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 01:41 pm
We have a Hall of Fame? News to me.
Green Witch

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 01:58 pm
@Asherman,
Everywhere is a friendlier place now that Obama is in office. Do come back Asherman, we are still tilted to the left, but it's a Roosevelt left and not a Trotsky left. And no one here is baking cookies for terrorists.
Green Witch

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 02:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
You're a secret inductee, too.
roger

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 02:07 pm
@Green Witch,
One has to wonder at the criteria. I see Tommy is there. Also Anon. I miss them, and have been missing them for many years.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 02:09 pm
It appears to be a roll call of all members.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Green Witch

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 04:08 pm
@JTT,
You typed all that on the Lost & Misplaced thread? Why would you want to start that here? No, please don't answer. Let's get back to topic.

I miss the one woman who admitted to watching The Bachelor. I think her name was Johayo or something like that. She had recently had a baby and her husband was in Iraq. I wonder how she's doing.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 04:11 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh yes, she had those adorable dogs and then a baby boy - they had moved
up to Alaska. She was just darling.
Green Witch

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 04:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
I always worry a little when someone like that disappears without notice. One day it's chat, chat and then pouf! - they're gone.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 04:36 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
Why would you want to start that here?

Insane obsession. Does his politics a disservice by being socially tone deaf.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 04:40 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Well said, Robert. This is one member who is obviously oblivious to her/his own tone and just how irritating, annoying and willfully obsessive he/she can be.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 04:54 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
I miss the one woman who admitted to watching The Bachelor. I think her name was Johayo or something like that. She had recently had a baby and her husband was in Iraq. I wonder how she's doing.

I had not given her a thought in ages, until now when you mentioned her. She is a sweetheart, let's hope she comes back sometime.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 05:09 pm
Doesn't JTT do hyperindignation exceedingly well ? It would be a pity to encounter one like him who was foolish and inept in everything.

Good to see you back, Asherman.
djjd62

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 05:14 pm
@JTT,
go **** yourself
msolga

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 05:19 pm
Missing in action: Free Duck.

I've really missed her posts. Always worth reading just about anything she posted here, particularly here takes on US politics. I hope she returns before too long.