I'm Wrong I'm Mistaken I Don't Care I Don't Apologize

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:32 am
yes detached...one dimensional view.....no remorse.....sees people as objects....no personal accountability.....any psyc majors want to run with this?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:36 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes detached...one dimensional view.....no remorse.....sees people as objects....no personal accountability.....any psyc majors want to run with this?

We know you imagine that, Bear. But do any "psyc majors" or psychatrist see it that way? I don't.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:39 am
and we all know you admire the man and his characteristics Larry...but I think you're a little quick on the trigger to make a value judgement for everyone else...and presumptuous to do so frankly...let's see if anyone else weighs in........
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:47 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and we all know you admire the man and his characteristics Larry...but I think you're a little quick on the trigger to make a value judgement for everyone else...and presumptuous to do so frankly...let's see if anyone else weighs in........

I agree. I would never intentionally presume to make a value judgment for anyone else. Why do you imagine I have done so?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 07:55 am
perhaps your pointed use of the word imagine is a hint.....it immediately undercuts the possibility that my remark has substance......but you knew that when you chose the word..... :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:26 am
Someone else weighing in...

I do find it a bit paranoid, delusional and beyond hyper partisan to believe the man is insane because you disagree with his decisions. I wonder what you folks would have thought about Teddy Roosevelt. He was considered by many to be a megalomaniac... and also considered one of the best Presidents we've ever had. Idea
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:33 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

To me, that's Cheney. I'm no psychologist, but my take on Bush is that he has an addictive personality, complicated by social anxiety disorder. He is also easily manipulated. Is he insane? No, just a pawn.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:36 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
perhaps your pointed use of the word imagine is a hint.....it immediately undercuts the possibility that my remark has substance......but you knew that when you chose the word..... :wink:

I use the word "imagine" in this sense:

to form a notion of without sufficient basis : FANCY <imagines himself to be a charming conversationalist>
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:38 am
I find it hard to believe a group of bright educated folks like yourselves thnk that because I think bush is a sociopath that means I think he's insane.......I never said that.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:52 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

to form a notion of without sufficient basis : FANCY <imagines himself to be a charming conversationalist>

well duh....as I said, that's why you chose the word...to denigrate my statement.....that's okay......you have a right to imagine you're an expert on everything.....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 08:55 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Thanks Larry. The next time I have to form a notion, I'll be sure to do it without sufficient basis, as OP-ED pieces are often quoted, copied and pasted right here on A2K as relevant material for many conservatives. As for the "of", I know not of what you speak, grammatically. Also, please look up the definition of fancy. If you don't like my style, you are free to ignore me. America is a free country, right now. :wink: The reason I don't cite sources in the Politics forum is because I believe they are completely biased. Hey, it's election time, isn't it? Halloween is also coming up.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:40 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I find it hard to believe a group of bright educated folks like yourselves thnk that because I think bush is a sociopath that means I think he's insane.......I never said that.....
Laughing "sociopath" is hardly the biggest dig you've used on Bush's mental competence, Bear. Besides, Sociopath is little more than a kinder, gentler way of saying psychopath... which is indeed a description of a mental disorder. I suspect "insane" may be a more loosely defined term than your assessment calls for as well. What did you hope to accomplish with this wordplay anyway?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:44 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

well duh....as I said, that's why you chose the word...to denigrate my statement.....that's okay......you have a right to imagine you're an expert on everything.....

And the right not to exercise it as well...because I do not imagine myself to be an expert on everything. But, of course, you are free to imagine I do. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:18 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Laughing "sociopath" is hardly the biggest dig you've used on Bush's mental competence, Bear. Besides, Sociopath is little more than a kinder, gentler way of saying psychopath... which is indeed a description of a mental disorder. I suspect "insane" may be a more loosely defined term than your assessment calls for as well. What did you hope to accomplish with this wordplay anyway?

bill, an insane person or a psychopath cannot distinguish reality...does not understand the difference between right and wrong.... a sociopath is sane...understands reality and consequences...just doesn't give a ****
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:31 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

We know you imagine that, Bear. But do any "psyc majors" or psychatrist see it that way? I don't.

It's even more than that, Larry. It's his history: DUIs, choice to use illegal drugs, questions about how he spent his time while in the national guard, his childhood friends claim that they went around exploding frogs even. He has a history of making bad choices, then denying them. That's dangerous! That makes him a loose cannon because recklessness combined with poor choice-making skills marks one as a loose cannon. There are other behaviors that point this way, it's not just something we liberals made up. Many former addicts replace one addiction with another. In Bush's case it's his regimen and how he needs to rigidly stick to doing the same things at the same time. That compensates when you are a kid or even Joe Citizen, but to have the president of the United States need that is scary. You've all seen him react when things don't go his way: he grinds his teeth, scowls, grimaces, jumps up and demands his way or the highway. If he can't control himself for a 90 minute debate, is it any surprise he jumped up and walked away from the Kyoto Treaty meetings or the UN meetings about Iraq? He's not fit for the job. He can say he is, but when asked about it in a debate, his answers tell a different story. He may have good intentions being our president, but he can't control his actions and natural inclinations well enough to suit me. I hope the majority of my fellow Americans see that by the end of this month and go vote to end his leadership in November.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:45 am
Interesting definitions you use, considering you were being snotty about "bright educated folks". Is it okay if I use these published definitions instead? :wink:

Noun 1. psychopath - someone with a sociopathic personality; a person with an antisocial personality disorder (`psychopath' was once widely used but has now been superseded by `sociopath')

Noun 1. sociopath - someone with a sociopathic personality; a person with an antisocial personality disorder (`psychopath' was once widely used but has now been superseded by `sociopath')
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 11:59 am
I wasn't being snotty at all OBill....I was truly puzzled that anyone thought I said bush is insane.......sorry you took it that way.......have some wine with that cheese and relax :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 12:27 pm
Too early in the day for that. But later, perhaps...
Btw, I was being snotty. :razz:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 03:11 pm
you little booger you....
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:54 pm
princesspupule wrote:
Maybe he was taught this maxim, "Success requires no apologies while failure permits no alibis?"

Or maybe he's been coached by a lawyer... Confused They have a saying, something about when you are right, drive that home, but when you are wrong pound your fists and distract the opposition... Joe, Finn, Jespah, Debra, somebody must've heard that maxim besides me, and I know I'm not quoting it right... Can anyone supply the correct maxim? Confused

Here's the maxim I think they had him memorize before heading onto stage last Friday night, "When the law is against you, argue the facts. When the facts are against you, argue the law. And when the law AND the facts are against you, pound the table." (thank you joe, attorney and amateur clairvoyant from chicago- who ought not quit his day job Wink)
0 Replies