monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 10:45 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
This should have read

Unfortunately far too many Democrat politicians who understand the gist of what Kilgore is writing about are unwilling to include their understanding in their response to Trump.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 10:45 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

The rats might not be deserting the sinking ship yet, but they clearly are lining up the lifeboats just in case.

Heh, dream on, cheese-eater. Self-delusion is the specialty of your ilk.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 10:46 am
@giujohn,
Have a scotch or three and it will become clearer.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 10:48 am
@Blickers,
We'll see. Despite the best efforts of the Resistance (including elements of the intelligence community) there's been no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. Without same, it won't stick. Americans are used to smear campaigns
giujohn

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:08 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Have a scotch or three and it will become clearer.

Scotch is just flavored vodka...I drink vodka martinis exclusively...and as I always say martinis are like breasts on a woman one is not enough and three is too many...cheers!
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:09 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
Despite the best efforts of the Resistance (including elements of the intelligence community) there's been no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. Without same, it won't stick. Americans are used to smear campaigns

There's a boatload of answers by several Trump campaign and Administration staffers to questions of contact with Russian officials that have been shown to be untruthful. The Russian ambassador, Sergey Kisylak, is built like Chris Christie-he's kind of hard to miss physically. Yet all these Trump officials seem to forget that they ever talked to him and later it was found that they did.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:12 am
@Blickers,
Not proof
Blickers

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:16 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
But certainly evidence enough to warrant investigations.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:23 am
@Blickers,
There are investigations regardless. It's what congress does.

Liberals made much about endless investigation about Benghazi.
McGentrix

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:27 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Ignorance of history on your part is no excuse. (Lwsee ???) alerted climate repeatedly. Overgrazing, deforestation and urban heat islands to cite just a few all effect climate. Since there's only one atmosphere for all of us and we are changing it we change the climate. You do know about greenhouse gasses and the greenhouse effect don't you

Best I could do. I'm betting a phone was used for that message.

But, as there has never been a historical record of what we are seeing today. I wish the doomsdayers would stop with the sky is falling rhetoric about it though.
layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 11:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Flynn's security clearance was renewed by the Obama administration in April, 2016. This was after he had taken payments from Russians. Despite intensive investigation of Flynn, who was a staunch critic of Obama, after that (especially after July, 2016), the Obama administration never sought to revoke the security clearance it had recently renewed.

It is now claimed that Obama advised Trump not to hire Flynn. If Obama thought there were any national security issues raised by Flynn, why didn't he, as sitting president, revoke his clearance then? One must presume that security concerns were NOT the reason Obama advised against him. More likely it was Obama's well-known dislike of Flynn's management style that was the basis of the advice.

Only a dyed-in-the-wool cheese-eater can't see the obvious implications of Obama's actions/inactions here, eh?

Sally Yates' stated rationale for "warning" Trump about Flynn in late January was NOT that Flynn had done anything illegal. It was that Flynn had lied to Trump, that Russia knew and could prove this, and that, therefore, Flynn might be subject to blackmail by the russians.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 12:04 pm
I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard that Obama had a childhood friend who later married a polish woman.

It turns out that this polish woman had an ex-husband who was a russian banker and that this childhood friend used this connection to take out a small loan from a russian bank to re-finance his home. The bank in question has close ties to Putin.

None of this has been proven, but if it is, the corruption displayed by Obama is obvious, eh? He should be tried for treason.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 9 May, 2017 12:17 pm
Quote:
Police in the Republic of Ireland are no longer investigating a claim that British comedian Stephen Fry uttered blasphemous remarks on a TV show.

Irish media say the Garda dropped the case as there was no injured party.

A viewer had complained about comments made by Fry on a TV show in 2015.

Speaking to the Irish Independent newspaper, the man who had accused Fry said: "I did my civic duty in reporting it.

"The guards did their duty in investigating it. I am satisfied with the result."

The paper says no publicised cases of blasphemy have been brought before the courts since the law was introduced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39857543
layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 12:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

A viewer had complained about comments made by Fry on a TV show in 2015.

Speaking to the Irish Independent newspaper, the man who had accused Fry said: "I did my civic duty in reporting it.

The "civic duties" which cheese-eaters voluntarily impose on themselves is indeed immense, eh? I don't know how they have time to do anything other than work 24/7 to comply with their civic duties.

Quote:
“ABSTAINER, n. A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure. A total abstainer is one who abstains from everything but abstention, and especially from inactivity in the affairs of others.” (Ambrose Bierce)

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 9 May, 2017 12:41 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/05/09/in-blow-to-u-s-turkey-ties-trump-administration-approves-plan-to-directly-arm-syrian-kurds-against-islamic-state/?utm_term=.c5a4383c357d&wpisrc=al_alert-COMBO-world%252Bnation&wpmk=1

It's about time!
Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Tue 9 May, 2017 01:32 pm
@McGentrix,
It's a fact that methane and carbon dioxyde are greenhouse gases, in that they can trap heat much better than oxygen or nitrogen.

It's a fact that since the industrial revolution, the western way of life is based on the combustion of fossil fuels, which emits carbon dioxyde.

It's a fact that our atmosphere CO2 content has been steadilt rising since the industrial revolution.

It's a fact that mean temperatures have been rising since the industrial revolution, at a pace correlated with CO2 levels.

It's a fact that we won't stop using fossil fuels anytime soon.

Hence it's a fact that we are ******* up the climate like there's no tomorrow.
Blickers

Tue 9 May, 2017 01:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
There are investigations regardless. It's what congress does.

Liberals made much about endless investigation about Benghazi.

Democrats on the Benghazi committee weren't finding excuses to recuse themselves so they don't have to be tempted to be part of the coverup. Republicans are.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 9 May, 2017 01:41 pm
@Olivier5,
It's a fact that you can't get your facts straight, eh, Ollie?

It's a fact that even if you did, the conclusions you draw from them in no way follow as a logical matter.

Quote:
Non-Existent Relationship …CO2-Temperature Correlation Only 15% Of Last 165 Years

Finally, between 2001 and 2014, CO2 concentrations rose from 371 ppm to 398 ppm, or by +27 ppm. During this same period, temperatures remained flat or even slightly cooled by a few hundredths of a degree, which meant that a substantial portion of the latest IPCC report (AR5, 2013) necessarily was devoted to explaining why the 21st century global warming “hiatus” had occurred.

Several dozen scientific papers were also published during this period, each attempting to explain why CO2 could be rapidly rising while temperatures were not.

The summarizing question, then, is this:

If CO2 is a primary determinant of temperature (as the AGW theory proposes), and if the warming effects of CO2 emission reach their maximum impact within about a decade, why is the correlation between decadal-scale CO2 trends and decadal-scale temperature trends weak to non-existent for most (~85%) of the last 165 years, as well as completely non-existent for nearly all of the last 2,000 years?

http://notrickszone.com/2016/08/04/non-existent-relationship-co2-temperature-correlation-only-15-of-last-165-years/

I forget the exact figures, but as I recall more CO2 has been put into the atmosphere by humans in the last 20 years than in all prior history. Go figure, eh?
MontereyJack

Tue 9 May, 2017 01:59 pm
@layman,
It is afact that Olivier got his factsts straight. It is aldo a fact that he drew the logical conclusion which pretty much all the world' scientific bodies agree with. It is also a fact that the loopy right is arguing from idpeology rarher than science.