monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:37 pm
Let me add here that I have no strong argument against this use of military might in the case of chemical weapons use by Assad (I'll trust they've got things together enough to have ascertained correctly the details of this). It is the great avalanche of bullshit surrounding the decision which has my attention.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:38 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
...even Ann Coulter is pissed off at Trump now.

Oh good lord! If he's lost Coulter, how much longer before he loses those who once supported him (a group which dwindles hourly)?
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:39 pm
@blatham,
And the primary failing of your notion is to overthink and "nuance" every GD thing.

News flash blatham, they really don't give a **** how brainy you or your beloved progressive leaders are. They only care whether or not you pose a threat to them, and they're not real good at reading subtle signs that make Atlantic writers giddy.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:46 pm
The drooling Trump haters can't stand to see this kinda ****, eh?:

Quote:
Syria bombing: How the world reacted to US airstrikes on Syrian airbase

Much of Europe has expressed support for the attacks, with EU, French and German leaders saying that the response was needed to take a stand against chemical weapons.

European Council President Donald Tusk: said: “US strikes show needed resolve against barbaric chemical attacks. EU will work with the US to end brutality in Syria.”

The joint statement, Francois Hollande and Angela Merkel said that Assad was responsible due to his "repeated use of chemical weapons and his crimes against his own people

Turkey's presidential spokesman said: "The destruction of Shayrat airbase marks an important step to ensure that chemical and conventional attacks against the civilian population do not go unpunished."

The Saudi Foreign Ministry also voiced its "full support ... for the American military operations on military targets in Syria," according to a statement from the Saudi Press Agency.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Mr Trump had "sent a strong and clear message today that the use and spread of chemical weapons will not be tolerated".

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said that the strikes were "a means to prevent further deterioration of the situation”.

Australia's Prime minister Malcolm Turnbull said: “[The] Australian government strongly supports the swift and just response of the United States."

Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano said: "Italy understands the reasons for the U.S. military action"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/789211/Syria-bombing-US-airstrikes-how-world-reacted-Russia-reaction-Iran-UK-EU-Iran-France

In fairness, it should be noted that Iran strongly objected, saying the use of chemical weapons was no reason to retaliate:

Quote:
Iran “strongly condemns any such unilateral strikes”, an Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman told the Students News Agency ISNA.

He said: “Iran condemns the use of chemical weapons, but at the same time believes it is dangerous, destructive and a violation of international laws to use it as an excuse to take unilateral actions.”

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Leave it to CI.

If the facts don't support one of his zany notions (Trump is Putin's puppet), he's bend them to fit another.

Very Happy
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:49 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
the Dems are weak, frightened and effeminate

Well, yes.

Ever see Obama throw out a first pitch?
glitterbag

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

pair a what? Hes irrational.
Now Im not faulting him for hitting Assad but Im wondering about his motives. Was it to quell all the dumass flap hes raised during his first 2.5 months in office? Has he a plan for a "NOW WHAT"?

Congress nd trump announcd that Obama shoulda conferred with Congress when Obama attacked Libya? (remember?)

I also brought up that point, but it's you and me farmerman, we might be the only people who remember. Too many of the brethren don't believe Obama was turned down
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

@Finn dAbuzz,
I never used the word "puppet" in regards to Trump; that's your word you dreamed up from your great imagination. However, Trump's admiration of Putin is well known.

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/30/507584595/as-u-s-confronts-russia-trumps-admiration-of-putin-is-consistent
0 Replies

layman

@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Ever see Obama throw out a first pitch?

Probably not like what you would see from Trump, who was a major league baseball prospect in his younger days, eh?
0 Replies

oralloy

@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Do you consider the many killings ( both intended and unintended) involved in Obama's many drone assassinations to have been murder as well ? If so it's odd that you didn't complain about them.

Remove your head from your tuchas. There was a lot of loud criticism from the left over Obama's addiction to the drone and the indiscriminate abuse of remote bombing military and civilian targets.

The criticism was unjustified. The DroneStrikes were not indiscriminate, were not an abuse, and did not target civilians.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:53 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ya gotta admit. Hes Obama "light" now. (Of course , except for the pathological lying and narcissism thing)

Really?

Why would he admit to such an idiotic notion?

Assad used chemical weapon and Obama retreated.

Assad again used chemical weapons and Trump attacked.

I don't think "light" means what you think it means.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Trump's narcissism and lying. Shrinks say Trump exhibits traits of mental illness.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/shrinks-break-silence-president-trump-exhibits-traits-m-article-1.2957688
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:56 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
I did complain about the drone killings under Obama.

Why? Dead terrorists are good terrorists.

We've killed a lot of women and children. Their sons and brothers are coming for you.

Trump will kill them before they get to me.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:57 pm
@oralloy,
Another narcissist in our midst.
Quote:
Trump will kill them before they get to me.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:57 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I was not criticizing Obama's global military strategy but I think he should have enforced his own "red line" on the use of chemical weapons in Syria.

How confident are you in your thesis that this action would have been more productive than what Obama did. Let's recall that some 1500 tons of chemical weapons were removed from Syria. How confident are you that had Obama launched an attack that those weapons would not have been used subsequently?
oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
I'm also glad that he's dead. But he was never the liberal's BFF. You're picking and choosing your selective memory perhaps.

Muammar Gaddafi's tent finds home on Donald Trump's estate
Donald Trump wanted Moammar Gaddafi’s money

Why Gaddafi's Now a Good Guy

US: Torture and Rendition to Gaddafi’s Libya

Quote:
The story told by the photograph reads clearly. Once again, and for the second time in barely four months, the United States is pandering to a Middle East dictator

ON MY MIND; Assad and Bush

Fun name drops...
Saddam Hussein was propped up by Reagan.
Nixon and Franco.

I was referring to liberals because they are the ones who always seem to condemn us whenever we act against the bad guys.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:59 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Why would Assad gas his people? Why would he beckon world intervention?

Why has Assad been committing genocide against the Syrian people all along?

If Assad hadn't been massacring the Syrian people to begin with, there would never have been a war in Syria.
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 02:00 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
How confident are you in your thesis that this action would have been more productive than what Obama did. Let's recall that some 1500 tons of chemical weapons were removed from Syria. How confident are you that had Obama launched an attack that those weapons would not have been used subsequently?

How confident are you that Obama didn't get played by Assad?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 02:00 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Oh good lord! If he's lost Coulter, how much longer before he loses those who once supported him (a group which dwindles hourly)?

Definitely not just her (as that link shows).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 02:01 pm
@oralloy,
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/05/flashback-politifact-said-mostly-true-that-obama-admin-got-all-chemical-weapons-out-of-syria/
0 Replies