Region Philbis

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 08:09 am

https://iili.io/KDLNcu.jpg

https://iili.io/KbWmTx.jpg
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 08:11 am
@revelette3,
Sweet! A tiny bit of Reason amongst the chaos.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 08:42 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Quote:
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
· Sep 10, 2016
Dear Clintons,

You know what's deplorable?

Being Impeached!!!

#BasketOfDeplorables
that tweet did not age well...
hightor

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 10:16 am
@engineer,
Quote:
The rest feature is called "Ignore"

That tool is there, to be sure. But, as we all know, it doesn't mean that quoted material won't be seen, and some of that which is seen is so exasperatingly simple-minded as to provoke a response. And while occasionally a comeback is witty and succinct the thing to bear in mind is that, no matter how well a case is made, no matter how devastating the insult, you won't change the troll's opinion or make him regret his behavior.

Rather than expect everyone to go cold turkey with the "Ignore" feature, I'd suggest that we can always frame an interaction as a relationship bestowing a certain amount of respect on the individual we're addressing. So by responding to a troll we're, in a sense, validating his presence and rewarding him with our attention. But bear in mind, you will never achieve the purpose of the argument — the troll will never admit that you even have a point, let alone change his mind. Is it worth the effort? The choice is up to you.
Frank Apisa

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 10:20 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

According to the BBC a simple majority is all that’s needed in the Senate to stop Trump running for office again. With 50 dems and the VP’s casting vote it should be in the bag.

I bet that’s what a lot of the republicans want, there’ll be a scramble to be his successor.

That is ONLY if he is first found guilty of the charges...which requires a two-thirds majority .
Frank Apisa

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 10:22 am
@longjon,
longjon wrote:

Not a single person here can point to an impeachable offense from Trump.

Not one.

Probably not that you could see or acknowledge.

But that has to do with YOU...not with any poster or the truth about Trump's conduct.

To show you that I am fair, however, allow me this:

Trump DOES know how to take advantage of stupid people.

I'll give him that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 10:23 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

since 237 of the people, including 10 republicans who do in fact determine what is an impeachable offense have decided that his attempts at sedition and incinciting insurrection are in fact impeachable offenses,, and since you are niether a lawyer nor a constitutional expert and hence possess only worthless opinions, you have lost all contact with reality.

I vote for door number three..."lost all contact with reality."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 10:33 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

The rioters actually thought they were going to receive presidential pardons. Like all Trump voters - LOSERS.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-14/us-president-donald-trump-says-us-capitol-rioters-justice/13056936

Careful.

He may reverse himself completely tomorrow...and attempt a blanket, broad pardon of the entire group.
izzythepush

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 11:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks for that Frank.

You’re not the first to answer, but the first I take seriously.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 11:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

He may reverse himself completely tomorrow...and attempt a blanket, broad pardon of the entire group.

I don’t know. Last year Mitch McConnell was definitely not voting to impeach Trump, now he has said he’ll listen to the evidence.

Any blanket pardon could antagonise those wavering Republicans, and Trump will throw any number of his supporters under the bus to save his own skin.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 12:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
What you call "proofs" are as illogical and counter-factual as the claims you made originally, which they are supposedly justification for.

Wrong again. You cannot poke any holes in my logic. Neither can you disprove any of my facts.

MontereyJack wrote:
It is the total simple-mindedness of those claims that cause us to question your alleged intelligence. Reiterating dumb arguments does not make them seem smart.

Progressive dislike for facts and logic does not mean that facts and logic are stupid.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 12:21 pm
A video from the storming of the Capitol was posted by conservative outlet Townhall. And many recognised Klete Keller, the former multi-Olympic medal winner - wearing a U.S. Olympic team jacket, his face unobstructed in the video, an apparent face covering hanging around his neck.

On January 13, for his involvement in the storming of the Capitol, Keller was arrested and charged with obstructing law enforcement engaged in official duties, unlawfully entering Capitol grounds, and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 12:21 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
@DonaldJTrumpJr wrote:
Dear Clintons,
You know what's deplorable?
Being Impeached!!!
#BasketOfDeplorables

that tweet did not age well...

There is a difference between impeachment for actual crimes and impeachment because Democrats abuse their power.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 12:23 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
The rest feature is called "Ignore"

I've pondered putting all the name-callers on ignore and asked a few people for their opinions on the matter before.

I'm still open to hear people's thoughts on the matter.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 12:24 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
That tool is there, to be sure. But, as we all know, it doesn't mean that quoted material won't be seen, and some of that which is seen is so exasperatingly simple-minded as to provoke a response.

That creep Blatham even quotes name-calling specifically and maliciously to ensure that it will be seen.

Though I suppose that just means Blatham belongs on ignore as well.

hightor wrote:
Rather than expect everyone to go cold turkey with the "Ignore" feature, I'd suggest that we can always frame an interaction as a relationship bestowing a certain amount of respect on the individual we're addressing. So by responding to a troll we're, in a sense, validating his presence and rewarding him with our attention. But bear in mind, you will never achieve the purpose of the argument — the troll will never admit that you even have a point, let alone change his mind. Is it worth the effort? The choice is up to you.

So do you think I should put all the name-callers on ignore?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 12:53 pm
Water closet gate: Sorry, try Obama's house: Secret Service barred from using Ivanka Trump's bathrooms - Secret Service detail was forced to use porta-potties or neighbours’ bathrooms until government rented them an apartment

The dying days of the Trump administration have been plagued by yet more scandal in the form of riots, Twitter bans and impeachment. Now The Washington Post has added another: water closet gate.

In a multi-bylined article the WP has chronicled in leg-crossing detail the extreme difficulty that the Secret Service detail assigned to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have had in finding a place to go to the bathroom.

According to the Washington Post the president’s daughter and her top White House adviser spouse have apparently exiled the squad of men and women assigned to protect from harm’s way from using the toilets in their sprawling Washington DC mansion.

The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 02:24 pm
For the first time, a senior Trump administration official who helped implement family separation has condemned the hardline immigration policy which made it possible for the government to take more than 3,000 children, including infants, from their parents at the US-Mexico border in 2018.

Rod Rosenstein publicly denounces ‘zero tolerance’ policy for first time, following report showing US didn’t effectively coordinate care for children

Trump official admits family separation policy 'should never have been implemented'
Walter Hinteler

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 02:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
https://i.imgur.com/nGDLlCgm.jpg

God bless local journalism!

Queens man impeached — again
Quote:
A Queens-born real estate developer made history Wednesday when he became the first U.S. president ever impeached twice by the House of Representatives.

Donald Trump, a 74-year-old lame duck Republican, is accused of inciting a lethal mob of far-right supporters to storm the U.S. Capitol in order to prevent Congress from certifying the results of his resounding loss in the November 2020 election. President-elect Joe Biden, a Democrat, recorded 306 electoral votes to Trump’s 232.

With Trump’s encouragement, Confederate-flag bearing white supremacists and fascist agitators besieged the Capitol, threatening to kill Vice President Mike Pence, breaking into lawmakers’ offices, stealing public property and smearing feces on the wall.

The attack left five people dead, including a Capitol police officer beaten by rioters.

Ten Republican members of Congress joined the Democratic majority in voting to impeach the Jamaica Estates native for the second time.

In December 2019, Trump became the third president impeached by Congress — and the first from Queens.
... ... ...
0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 02:44 pm
The FBI arrested the man seen with a Confederate flag inside of the US Capitol
0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 14 Jan, 2021 03:14 pm
Pro-Trump rioters plan second act — but not just in Washington