monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Rebelofnj

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 03:56 pm
YouTube suspends One America News, a Trump favorite, for peddling pandemic misinformation

Quote:
YouTube said it suspended right-wing channel One America News for one week, beginning Tuesday, for violating its policy against misinformation related to the covid-19 pandemic and temporarily stripped the channel of its ability to make money from other videos.

The action against OAN, which President Trump’s allies have praised in recent weeks while raging against Fox News for supposed disloyalty during and after this month’s election, was the latest sign that Silicon Valley was prepared to enforce policies against false and misleading information — even against those aligned with the president.

YouTube spokeswoman Ivy Choi said OAN, which has 1.2 million subscribers on the video service and sees some of its posts reach hundreds of thousands of viewers, violated the policy against portraying a covid-19 remedy as a cure for the illness that has killed more than 258,000 Americans and 1.4 million people worldwide.

In addition to losing the ability to post new videos for the coming week, OAN has been suspended from YouTube’s “Partner Program,” which allows monetization of videos through advertisements and can be a significant source of revenue to online operations. The reason, Choi said, was “repeated violations” of YouTube’s policies against covid misinformation.

“After careful review, we removed a video from OAN and issued a strike on the channel for violating our COVID-19 misinformation policy, which prohibits content claiming there’s a guaranteed cure,” Choi said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/11/24/you-tube-suspends-oann/
blatham

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 04:21 pm
Prediction: Trump will never again do another briefing or interview where he takes questions from reporters - other than on right wing media.
nimh

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 04:24 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
But voting out Trump was a much more potent motivator still.

A motivator to the people who lost power, not the average American. You are spouting rhetoric, also known as bullshit.

The evidence is right there in front of you, in the form of record high turnout and a record number of votes for the non-Trump candidate — not to mention the specific things you just observed, such as lots of people voting for Biden just to get Trump out even if they were otherwise not enthused by the Democratic candidates on the ballot — you just don't want to accept it.

coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
The old bellwether counties were bellwether counties because their demographics fell right in between the old Dem and GOP coalitions.

Prove it. Trump won 95% of those counties. Show me how the demographics changed. I am sure you would be glad to back up your claim.

You're seriously asking how the demographics of the Democratic and Republican electorates have changed? This can't possibly be the first time you have heard of that, no?

In short: Democrats have made major gains among college-educated voters, in the suburbs, and among (upper-)middle class voters; Republicans have made major gains among voters without a college degree, and in rural and small-town communities. This has been going on for a while, but has accelerated in the Obama and Trump years.

Hence seeing many higher-income suburban communities that always voted Republican turning blue, and seeing many small-town working class communities that had still clung to the Dems (if to an ever smaller extent) finally turning red.

Mahoning county in Ohio went to Trump this year; Tarrant county in Texas to Biden — both of them things that would have been hard to imagine a decade or two ago.

By extension, that means the bellwether counties — counties that sit right on the balance between the demographic coalitions of the two parties — change also. Many small-town, working class communities in swing states that were bellwether counties before (eg because they still had a relatively strong union tradition and/or few evangelicals) now seem indefinitely lost to the Dems as the red shift in rural America has swept them into the GOP half. We'll get other bellwethers instead.

This isn't really stuff I have to "back up" on Able2Know dot com, I'm merely stating the obvious here — just google literally any article on the subject if you'd like to doublecheck.
nimh

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 04:54 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
3. Biden Trailed Clinton Except in a Select Few Cities

This is.. demonstrably untrue?

Here's what the map of shifts since 2016 looks like. Red arrows represent counties where the margin became better for Trump; blue arrows represent counties where the margin was better for Biden than it was for Clinton.

Lots of red arrows... but also lots of blue arrows. Biden's margin was better than Clinton's across almost the entire Northeast, for one. But also better in cities and suburbs across Texas, for example, and even across most of South Dakota and Montana.

https://i.imgur.com/aljYroS.png

coldjoint wrote:
Quote:
4. Biden Won Despite Democrat Losses Everywhere Else

"Everywhere else" except, I dunno, in the Senate, where the Democrats are already certain to have gained one seat (gaining Colorado and Arizona while losing Alabama), even without taking into account what might still happen in Georgia.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
No frigging bombshells!!

They are coming tomorrow. Read my posts.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
YouTube suspends One America News, a Trump favorite, for peddling pandemic misinformation

All the doctors at You Tube? They do not like the evidence of fraud they are reporting. It will not stop the information from getting out and it will increase OANN's popularity on other platforms.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:16 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Prediction: Trump will never again do another briefing or interview where he takes questions from reporters - other than on right wing media.

Prediction: you will never be trusted because of your character and inability to honest with yourself and others. You are a bust, not even a distraction. No one needs you to hate Trump they already do.

You need to go back wherever you were. You are a KNOWN liar here.
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:16 pm
Less than 60 days till the curtain comes down on the clown puppet show!!
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB107UUS.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=for
snood

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:19 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB107UUS.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=for

And the whole earth will heave a sigh of relief.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:24 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
The evidence is right there in front of you,

The evidence of fraud is right in front of you. Computer forensics do not lie. You are looking at mathematical impossibilities.
Quote:
You're seriously asking how the demographics of the Democratic and Republican electorates have changed?

Yes I am. You are the one that said it, now prove it. The rambling crap in your post proves nothing.
Quote:
I'm merely stating the obvious here

And so am I. There is no way a Braindead corrupt politician who barely came out of his basement and a woman who only 4% in the Democratic primaries got those kind of votes.Especially with all the other things he did not get that a presidential candidate does. I posted anarticle on that.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:27 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
Lots of red arrows... but also lots of blue arrows.

There are also numbers. Why don't you post them? That post was bullshit.

Quote:
“Biden underperformed Hillary Clinton in every major metro area around the country, save for Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta and Philadelphia … in these big cities in swing states run by Democrats…the vote even exceeded the number of registered voters.”https://t.co/5xn6nd7qPE

— Rasmussen Reports (@Rasmussen_Poll) November 15, 2020

coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 06:40 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

BillW wrote:

And the whole earth will heave a sigh of relief.

Except for the people that rigged the election.
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 07:24 pm
Biden signals stark shift with new national security team
The Associated PressWashington

https://img.apmcdn.org/bb8e19b42e6ea4682c121a4e4eea8b6b0802e079/uncropped/c9183e-20201124-biden.jpg
Wow! I had forgotten over the last 4 years what leadership looked like! Leadership I had felt was one of Biden's weaknesses, I thought. Over the past month he has displayed strong Leadership characteristics. More so than theRump has shown in 4 years combined.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 07:31 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Biden signals stark shift with new national security team
The Associated PressWashington

https://img.apmcdn.org/bb8e19b42e6ea4682c121a4e4eea8b6b0802e079/uncropped/c9183e-20201124-biden.jpg
Wow! I had forgotten over the last 4 years what leadership looked like!

You still don't have a clue.
Builder

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 07:40 pm
@coldjoint,
Looks like jack-booted fascism to me.

His own press corps? Really?

maporsche

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:04 pm
@Builder,
Um....every President elect gets their own press corp until they move into the big white house.

Trump, that Jack-booted fascist.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/afp_jv2t8.jpg
coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:13 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Looks like jack-booted fascism to me.

His own press corps? Really?

They change his diapers too.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:14 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Um....every President elect gets their own press corp until they move into the big white house.

Trump, that Jack-booted fascist.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/afp_jv2t8.jpg

What fascist thing did he do? Which one of his policies were fascist?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:30 pm
Quote:
Amistad Project files emergency petition with WI Supreme Court over 150,000 fraudulent ballots

Quote:
With so much attention being placed on Rudy Giuliani's and Sidney Powell's team, it's good to see other patriotic groups getting involved with stopping the steal.
The Trump campaign is joining with the Amistad project on these lawsuits on a case-by-case basis, according to Rudy Giuliani, who is leading the campaign’s legal efforts.

“We are excited to have the Amistad Project as a partner in the fight to ensure the integrity of our elections,” said Giuliani. “The Amistad Project has uncovered an organized effort involving multiple private organizations and partners working with government officials to design, fund, and implement an improper and illegal scheme to create an unconstitutional two-tiered election system to deliver the presidency to Joseph R. Biden."

Working with top-tier election attorneys in these states, a world-renowned statistical expert who testified in the 2000 Bush v. Gore case,
and intensive, on-the-ground investigations, the Amistad Project is confident it is able to demonstrate to the courts that hundreds of thousands of ballots were fraudulently cast. In Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, removing improper and fraudulently-cast ballots results in President Trump winning these states. In Michigan, extensive irregularities and illegalities plagued the vote-counting process in Wayne County, affecting more than 300,000 ballots in a state decided by just 150,000 votes.

https://noqreport.com/2020/11/24/amistad-project-files-emergency-petition-with-wi-supreme-court-over-150000-fraudulent-ballots/

0 Replies

snood

Tue 24 Nov, 2020 08:39 pm
Trump planning several pardons, starting with Flynn