monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:15 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

The constant interference by Trump into the DOJ is a reminder that his justice is only a political tool used for corrupt intent.

He has not interfered with anything. Name one decision he changed and how he did it. I'll wait.
neptuneblue

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Your attempt at sealioning is futile.

Trump fires anyone that stands up for the Rule of Law. Next up is Barr, though I won't be caring as I did with Sally Yates.
coldjoint

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:32 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Your attempt at sealioning is futile.

Trump fires anyone that stands up for the Rule of Law. Next up is Barr, though I won't be caring as I did with Sally Yates.

You can't answer.
neptuneblue

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:34 pm
@coldjoint,
I just did.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
This time around we aim to make it so clear he's poison that even the electoral college won't be able to foist him on us again.

If, as I suspected, the electoral college made a conscious choice to end the crime spree that was the former admin, they'd be wise to do the same again. Creepy Joe might have seemed like the "sleeping partner" in the team, but it would appear he likely had more irons in more fires than even Clinton herself.

Big Guy, indeed.
neptuneblue

Wed 28 Oct, 2020 11:49 pm
@Builder,
The Electoral College isn't in charge of prosecuting crimes. Do you really need a lesson on how our justice system works?
Builder

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 12:00 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
The Electoral College isn't in charge of prosecuting crimes.

Nice strawman you have there. I didn't infer anything like your comment.

They do, however, have the ability to recognise a crime spree, and are empowered to vote accordingly to prevent a repeat or continuation of it.

As you were, soldier.
neptuneblue

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 12:11 am
@Builder,
WTF are you talking about??

Builder

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 12:54 am
@neptuneblue,
Ignorance is bliss. And you look so contented.
oristarA

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 01:23 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Ignorance is bliss.

Isn't it the motto of DJT?

America has the best scientists and best resources of science in the world - this motto explains very well why they have been sidelined by DJT, especially in combating the coronavirus.
Builder

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 01:47 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
America has the best scientists and best resources of science in the world

Evidence?

Quote:
this motto explains very well why they have been sidelined by DJT, especially in combating the coronavirus.

Rushing an untested vaccine won't pan out well for anyone.
hightor

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 03:43 am
Tucker Carlson Reports He Lost Only Copy of Documents That Nail Biden

Quote:
The Trump campaign and its right-wing media messengers have devoted the final stretch of the election to insisting they had uncovered proof of deep corruption by the Biden family, along with demands that the mainstream media cover their allegations. (“Cover” means float insinuations of guilt, rather than nailing down the truth of the charges.)

There have been several fishy aspects to the accusations, however. For one, incriminating information supposedly located on a Hunter Biden laptop left in a Delaware computer shop had in fact been circulating in Ukraine well before it was reportedly turned over to Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer. Over the weekend, Time reported that the Hunter Biden emails and photos were being shopped in Kiev last fall by somebody who “wanted to sell it to Republican allies of President Trump.” Several days later, Politico reported the “Hunter Biden laptop” material was being shopped around by a “Ukrainian oligarch looking for help with a potential legal jam” as early as spring of 2019.

Another oddity in the timing, as Andrew Prokop noticed, is that the star witness for Fox News and Trump, Tony Bobulinski, claimed he only came forward because he was outraged at the response to the New York Post story first reporting the email hacks. But Ben Smith reported in the New York Times that Bobulinski was working with Trump’s campaign to pitch the story to the Wall Street Journal, before they settled for giving it to the New York Post. (The Journal duly reported that they had no evidence of wrongdoing by Joe Biden.)

On Wednesday night’s show, Tucker Carlson reported that his team had acquired incriminating documents. However, they sent them from Washington to Los Angeles, and the documents disappeared. And they neglected to make any copies. So now the only copy of the documents that would nail the probable next President of the United States are gone:

Damning Hunter Biden documents suddenly vanish pic.twitter.com/B2qsajZlID
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) October 29, 2020

That just shows how desperate Biden is to make this story disappear and in no way reflects poorly on the credibility of the sources of this alleged scandal.

intelligencer
farmerman

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 03:58 am
@hightor,
The MARX BROTHERS could have made a great movie about all this.
0 Replies

oristarA

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 05:03 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

Evidence?

50% of the world total of Nobel Prize winners in the sciences, medicine, and economics are Americans. Among 10 best universities in the world (2019), seven are in the United States (Yale University 8. University of Chicago 7. Princeton University 6. California Institute of Technology 5. Harvard University 2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 1. Stanford University).

NASA, NEJM, Science...to name a few... all are highly esteemed by scientists and scholars around the world.

blatham

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 07:41 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I suspect she's working for a third party candidate or trying to get one of the alternative parties off the ground.

I'm sure. Though another possibility looms in my mind. What with Halloween approaching and costume rental agencies offering steep discounts (the pandemic, fewer parties, etc) consider what she might get up to with a Fed Ex costume.
izzythepush

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 07:46 am
@blatham,
Or she could have just got fed up with all the toing and froing.

Despite our differences we were able to remain cordial to each other, but I’m none the wiser regarding what she’s up to now.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:08 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Builder wrote:

Quote:

Evidence?

50% of the world total of Nobel Prize winners in the sciences, medicine, and economics are Americans. Among 10 best universities in the world (2019), seven are in the United States (Yale University 8. University of Chicago 7. Princeton University 6. California Institute of Technology 5. Harvard University 2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) 1. Stanford University).

NASA, NEJM, Science...to name a few... all are highly esteemed by scientists and scholars around the world.

Then they gave one to Arafat and Obama. The Nobel prize has gone downhill ever since.
coldjoint

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:44 am
Quote:
Arguably Top Golfer In History Announces Presidential Endorsement: ‘This Is Not A Personality Contest’

Jack Nicklaus endorses Trump.
Quote:
“You might not like the way our President says or tweets some things—and trust me, I have told him that!—but I have learned to look past that and focus on what he’s tried to accomplish,” Nicklaus continued. “This is not a personality contest; it’s about patriotism, policies and the people they impact. His love for America and its citizens, and putting his country first, has come through loud and clear. How he has said it has not been important to me. What has been important are his actions. Now, you have the opportunity to take action.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/arguably-top-golfer-in-history-announces-presidential-endorsement-this-is-not-a-personality-contest
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, just now getting back here and saw your post.

You will note I wrote nothing about whether I believe the republicans should or should not have allowed the nomination to proceed, but since you mentioned it, here are my thoughts on that aspect.

I believe Trump should have nominated someone and that the nomination should have gone through the process in the senate. I also believe that once Obama made his nomination back in 2015 that it should have gone through the process in the senate. The republicans were wrong to table it.

Now, as to your assertion that democrats, in the exact same situation would not have nominated someone, I believe you are truly fooling yourself if you think they would not have done so and pushed it through. That is strictly my opinion, but politics being what it is, I have little doubt that would be the case. On that belief we may have to differ.

I do applaud your stance that the democrats would have your condemnation if they tried to to so. Hypocrisy has never seemed to be a fault of yours.

Hope I have at least cleared up my personal stance on this subject. Have a good day.

coldjoint

Thu 29 Oct, 2020 10:56 am
Quote:
Documents found on Hunter Biden’s include a contract which shows the former veep’s son’s $1,000,000 contract with Patrick Ho, the same individual Hunter Biden described as the “spy chief of China” in an audio recording.

Quote:
The contract, an “Attorney Engagement Letter,” appears to show an agreement between Hunter Biden and Patrick Ho, the Secretary General of China Energy Fund Committee. Hunter Biden was expected to provide “counsel to matters related to US law and advice pertaining to the hiring and legal analysis of any US Law Firm of Lawyer.”

The fourth section of the document, “Compensation,” reveals that “at the time of execution of this agreement” Ho would pay Hunter Biden a sum of $1,000,000 as a retainer.

That is a quick hundred grand for the big guy Joe Biden.
https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/hunter-and-ho-1-mil-contract/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost