monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:02 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
A Chinese scientist says it is. She is a whistle blower and has been on Tucker Carlson twice
Li-Meng Yan was referred to as a "whistleblower" by Fox News.

She wrote (only paper online): Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route
The four authors of the paper, Li-Meng Yan, Shu Kang, and Jie Guan, and Shanchang Hu, all have the Rule of Law Society and Rule of Law Foundation as their affiliation.
That Rule of Law Society doesn't really sound like a virology lab or a scientific research center.
Especially, when you look what that society lists as its mission: "To expose corruption, obstruction, illegality, brutality, false imprisonment, excessive sentencing, harassment, and inhumanity pervasive in the political, legal, business and financial systems of China."

Oh, and that society is of course a Bannon-supported organisation.
snood

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
A high-quality source, as coldjoint’s sources go.
coldjoint

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:16 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

A high-quality source, as coldjoint’s sources go.

No worse than the NYT, WP, and the Atlantic. Not to mention CNN and MSNBC. All proven liars.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:29 pm
@snood,
"Zenodo" is not a peer-reviewed scientific journal but a general-purpose open-access repository developed under the European OpenAIRE program and operated by CERN.
It is an online storage service that can be used for scientific data sets, but also for science-related software, publications, reports, presentations, videos etc. etc. ...
oralloy

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:36 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Not according to Trump:

In reality though, being put on trial is always a huge distraction.
oralloy

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Neither Democrats nor Republicans seemed to believe that, instead commending or condemning her confirmation as a victory for conservatives and a defeat for liberals.

Conservatives want judges who uphold the law.

Progressives (they do not deserve to be called liberals) want judges who disregard the law.

Any judge who upholds the law is a victory for conservatives and a defeat for progressives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:38 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yeah really. It's not as if anyone's been hiding why they pushed for her, and what's expected of her. And, from the way she's acting, what she is willing to do.

I for one am hopeful that she will uphold the Constitution and prevent progressives from violating it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:48 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
No worse than the NYT, WP, and the Atlantic. Not to mention CNN and MSNBC.
Carlson said to her "I know that you’ve published some of your research", referring to the above quoted Zenodo report.

At least, Zenodo is a quite different and only online media.
But since it's run by CERN (the European Organisation for Nuclear Research), I'd expected more opposition from you.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I was being sarcastic. Mad magazine would be a high quality source, as coldjoint sources usually run.
coldjoint

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 12:54 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I was being sarcastic. Mad magazine would be a high quality source, as coldjoint sources usually run.

That is rich coming from someone who believes a media that lied for four years and is still lying.

The media has no credibility except with low information voters who are content to hear only what they say. I guess you would be one of those people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
So you are saying that because the Republican Senators almost to a person engaged in one of the most hypocritical political acts ever...
...the Democratic Senators also would.
I think not. I think the Democratic Senators would be above that degree of hypocrisy.

You are wrong. The Democrats regularly exceed such levels of hypocrisy.

Frank Apisa wrote:
I would have hoped the Republican senators would have been.

The Republicans were getting even for the Democrats' dirty tricks and hypocrisy.

Frank Apisa wrote:
And I will say this with certainty: If the Democrats did do such a thing, my condemnation of them would be loud and without question. I suspect the condemnation of many on this side of the fence would be the same.

The evidence shows otherwise. Where were your complaints when the Democrats did the very same thing with W's nominees?

All the Republicans are doing is giving the Democrats a taste of their own medicine. If the Democrats don't like receiving it, then they should stop dishing it out.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:12 pm
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:55 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
In reality though...

Oh, so you're suggesting that the president's statement was a lie or a delusion?
Quote:
...being put on trial is always a huge distraction.

Well sure, if a person is actually compelled to testify. How many hours did Trump spend in the hot seat being cross-examined? When did he complain that the impeachment was preventing him from dealing with the pandemic? It would have been very effective against the opposition at those campaign rallies he was holding at the time.
coldjoint

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 01:59 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
How many hours did Trump spend in the hot seat being cross-examined?

None, because there was no reason to impeach, and a president is more than entitled to legal advice. When you learn that Democrats do not, and should not, get whatever they want just because they lie profusely you might understand.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:01 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Oh, so you're suggesting that the president's statement was a lie or a delusion?

Let's go with "untrue". It is a clear fact that being put on trial is a massive distraction.

hightor wrote:
Well sure, if a person is actually compelled to testify. How many hours did Trump spend in the hot seat being cross-examined?

Being put on trial is a massive distraction and disruption even for defendants who do not testify. It upends their entire life.

hightor wrote:
When did he complain that the impeachment was preventing him from dealing with the pandemic? It would have been very effective against the opposition at those campaign rallies he was holding at the time.

I don't know that he did complain.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:16 pm
Quote:
Twitter Goes Full Orwell: ‘Pre-Debunking’ Election ‘Falsehoods,’ Factchecking the Future

The Twitter mob must really think a lot of you are pretty stupid. Are they right?
Quote:
Orwell predicted in his seminal work 1984, and in a move that makes Tom Cruise’s Minority Report look tame, Twitter is now going to factcheck the future in order to provide alleged clarity on election night.
The short messaging service said it would place notices at the top of user feeds warning that there may be delays in full election results and that people might see “misleading information” about voting by mail.

This “pre-bunking” is part of an effort to stay ahead of baseless claims about the election before they occur, according to Twitter’s head of site integrity Yoel Roth.

“We’re introducing ‘pre-bunks’ for some of the most common misleading claims about #Election2020,” Roth tweeted.

“Research shows that getting ahead of misinformation is a powerful way to build resilience. Excited to see this application of inoculation theory in practice.”

https://conservativefiringline.com/twitter-goes-full-orwell-pre-debunking-election-falsehoods-factchecking-the-future/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:31 pm
Quote:
BOOM: Trump campaign buys YouTube homepage for 24 hours and it’s driving leftists crazy

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:
I’m glad to see President Trump advertising in such a high profile place as Youtube. Hopefully it does well for him.

But if nothing else, I’m sure it will drive leftists insane and Google will no doubt get an earful of hate for allowing Trump to advertise just days before a huge election.

I’m already seeing some of them complain about it on Twitter:

Comments at link.
https://therightscoop.com/boom-trump-campaign-buys-youtube-homepage-for-24-hours-and-its-driving-leftists-crazy/
Walter Hinteler

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:43 pm
@coldjoint,
From the archive:
Quote:
21. Februar 2020, 01:52 MEZ Updated on 21. Februar 2020, 12:02 MEZ

In the immediate run up to the U.S. presidential election and on Election Day, the homepage of YouTube is set to advertise just one candidate: Donald Trump.

The president’s re-election campaign purchased the coveted advertising space atop the country’s most-visited video website for early November, said two people with knowledge of the transaction. The deal ensures Trump will be featured prominently in the key days when voters across the country prepare to head to the polls Nov. 3.
Bloomberg
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 02:57 pm
@coldjoint,
From what I checked, it is only advertising on the Front Page, which most people navigate away from anyway, and not the ads that play before/during the videos.

I have been getting ads from Peacock, Disney, Liberty Mutal, and local elections. None from the Trump campaign.
blatham

Tue 27 Oct, 2020 03:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I'm counting on Trump being a **** up and screwing up a sure thing.

I wouldn't make that bet. None of these three SC placements have been Trump's picks. This is Leonard Leo and Mitch McConnell's work. Trump has been convinced that his electoral chances will be improved because they make his base happy and likely because he's been led to believe the new SC can/will help him win even when he doesn't win. And possibly he's been led to believe (or chooses to believe) that such a SC will be sympathetic when his inevitable fraud/corruption cases hit the courts when he's no longer insulated by his office.