monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 07:47 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Look! Over there! A squirrel!

It's one of the specialities of the left, to avoid elephants in the room.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 07:52 pm
@Builder,
Neither. What's your point?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 07:54 pm
@snood,
What I meant to post:

FreedomEyeLove
Fri 9 Oct, 2020 06:47 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Reeducation in labor camps is the proper way to deal with progressivism.

I think they should all be caned with bamboo sticks like they do to criminals in the east.

A few raps of a bamboo stick across their bare asses might make them re consider communism and trying to overthrow the United States.

Really, it's the most humane thing we could do for these sick people. And caning is shown to work in countries that use it.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 08:01 pm
Vice President Mike Pence and his wife had requested absentee ballots by mail
Source: Indy Star

IndyStar has learned Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen Pence in September requested absentee ballots from the Marion County Clerk's Office.

A senior Pence administration official told IndyStar this morning the Pences had intended to vote in person with those ballots today, before he abruptly cancelled his trip to Indianapolis

His office did not provide a reason for the trip's cancelation, but another senior Pence aide told IndyStar Thursday it was a simple scheduling issue. The vice president was in Salt Lake City Wednesday for the vice presidential debate and campaigned Thursday for President Trump's reelection at rallies in Nevada and Arizona. He flew back to Washington D.C., Thursday evening and had intended to fly into Indianapolis today to vote, heading back to Washington D.C., this evening.

Read more: https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/09/vice-president-mike-pence-had-requested-absentee-ballots-mail/5937655002/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 09:05 pm
@snood,
Quote:
passed a deadly virus on

99% plus survive Covid. Trump did.
coldjoint

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 09:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Cold joint was talking about how much he liked to see all Democrats locked up in "re-education" camps.

I said no such thing. Stop lying. Produce that post.
MontereyJack

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 10:17 pm
@coldjoint,
And a million worldwide didn't. So far itr's proving skomething like six or seven times as deadly as regular seasonal flu, and that ratio is just getting higher as covid shows no signs of slowing down and its victims increase. You're on the wrong side of history, medicine, and logic again, as usual.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 10:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What's your point?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 10:40 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
...Trump did.

He is not fully out of the woods yet. He could still keel over dead from Covid-19.
Builder

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 10:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
So far itr's proving skomething like six or seven times as deadly as regular seasonal flu

Using what figures?

Quote:
and that ratio is just getting higher as covid shows no signs of slowing down

It's over here in sunny Queensland. They're talking about opening the borders.

Quote:
You're on the wrong side of history, medicine, and logic again, as usual.

And you're clearly not watching anything other than US propaganda channels.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 10:55 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
He is not fully out of the woods yet.

Indeed, the after-affects can last several months. I'm experiencing them myself, but still managing to run the business as usual. Night time can be a challenge, but days are fine.

Quote:
He could still keel over dead from Covid-19.

Very poor odds of that happening. If pneumonia wasn't in the first reaction, he's in the clear.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 11:23 pm
Quote:
Gallup Poll: 56 Percent of Americans View Trump as Strong, Decisive Leader

Where is the majority that hate Trump so many talk about? That is the same percentage of people that think he will be re-elected.
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-biden-poll-character-traits/2020/10/09/id/991227/
MontereyJack

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 11:31 pm
@coldjoint,
You didn't actually read beyond the headline, did you? They reported american loll numbers on 8 different desirable qualities, and biden beat trump on seven. why didn't you talk about those numbers. what a doofus.
Builder

Fri 9 Oct, 2020 11:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
Try propping up your own claims. I asked clear concise questions in regards to your claims just three posts ago.

Do you play the same games as snood, meaning make ridiculous statements without proof, and then ignore requests for evidence?
oristarA

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 12:47 am
“Democracy is the great instrument of human advancement. We have no right to fail it.”
- Marilynne Robinson.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 12:50 am
Trump's uncontrolled rumbling could be a clear signal that he has virtually abandoned his interim tactic of addressing floating voters in the suburbs. Now, apparently, his only concern is to get as many of his white working-class supporters as possible to the ballot boxes in important states like Pennsylvania, Florida or Wisconsin, to make up for probable losses in the country's better-off suburbs.

It is the tactic of a desperate man.
Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 02:34 am
@snood,
All we’re seeing from the Trump side is slobbering, knuckle scraping and faecophilia.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 05:18 am
@Builder,
The only question you asked that I can see is what figures, I used. 30K seasonal flu versus 210K and still rising rapidly for Covid. Kinda proves my case. You blabber, you know that?
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 10 Oct, 2020 05:51 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Putting a career criminal and self-confessed quid pro Joe like Biden up as a candidate, was an admission of defeat by the DNC.

The guy isn't a "career criminal", FFS, you can't show me one indictment, let alone a conviction. And the DNC didn't "put up" Biden as a candidate; he chose to run and people voted for him.
Quote:
In four years, they've done three fifths of sweet **** all for the American people,
so expect another four years of that same lack-luster performance from them.

The Democrats weren't in control of anything until they won the House in '18 so there wasn't much they could have done before that. Since '19, Pelosi has delivered hundreds of bills to the Senate for action and they've been kept bottled up by McConnell. If they manage to take the Senate, hold the House, and elect Biden you'll see some action. Like reversing every one of Trump's executive orders, rejoining the Paris Accords, and beginning to repair relations with allies.