monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Notice it says nothing to do with the election. You do realize something like 12000 people are murdered by gun violence year after year because the second amendment gun zealots keep putting guns in the hands of people who have no business with guns, and that began well before trump, tho he sure hasn't done anything constructive to deal with it.

Those people would be just as dead if they were murdered with a different kind of weapon.

And so long as progressives are out to violate the Second Amendment for no reason, we need to keep gun control at a minimum.
MontereyJack

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 11:09 pm
@oralloy,
They were,however, not murdered by something else. Year after year they are murdered by guns. Your argument makes no sense. Neither does your opinion that their is no reason. One good reasdon is that 12000 peoples' lives are cut short and their civil rights unconstitutionally viilated fatally every years, and the country finds that unacceptable and finds our opinions unacceptable as well Doesn't mae any difference in the truth even if you disagree.
MontereyJack

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 11:10 pm
@coldjoint,
certainly does.
oralloy

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 11:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
They were, however, not murdered by something else. Year after year they are murdered by guns.

So what? Does being murdered with a gun make the victim "more dead" than they would be if they were murdered with a different kind of weapon?

MontereyJack wrote:
Your argument makes no sense.

Sure it does. You cannot explain why being murdered with a gun is any worse than being murdered with a different kind of weapon.

MontereyJack wrote:
Neither does your opinion that their is no reason.

Wrong again. It is a fact, not an opinion, that no one can provide any reason for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

The only reason why progressives try to do it is because they enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
One good reason is that 12000 peoples' lives are cut short and their civil rights unconstitutionally violated fatally every years, and the country finds that unacceptable

That is incorrect. The presence or absence of pistol grips on semi-auto long guns has no bearing on any of those deaths.

MontereyJack wrote:
and finds your opinions unacceptable as well

Facts are not opinions. And when progressives find reality to be unacceptable, reality continues unabated.

MontereyJack wrote:
Doesn't make any difference in the truth even if you disagree.

Progressives are the people who disagree with reality. I'm not a progressive.
Builder

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:10 am
@snood,
Quote:
Let’s just pretend like I didn’t call bullshit on your claim that the DNC doesn’t want debates.

Here's the video again, snood. You seem to have a lot of trouble eating crow, but it looks good on you, dude. No, really it does.

Walter Hinteler

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:54 am
I doubt that the vaccine reality check will needle Trump and his supporters.

The CDC's Robert Redfield has told a Senate panel: "If you’re asking me when is it going to be generally available to the American public so we can begin to take advantage of vaccine to get back to our regular life, I think we’re probably looking at … late second quarter, third quarter 2021." Redfield said he expected vaccinations to begin in November or December but in limited quantities prioritised for healthcare personnel and the most vulnerable. Trump claimed Redfield had made a mistake or "he was confused. I’m just telling you we’re ready to go." Trump said one would be rolled out in "a matter of weeks" – but no successful vaccine has yet been unveiled from US trials. Redfield also contradicted Trump’s stance on face masks, calling them "the most important, powerful public health tool we have" to combat coronavirus.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:37 am
@Builder,
Nancy Pelosi is not the DNC. Pelosi raises good points. She also makes it obvious that the Biden team wants to have the debates. You apparently can't find evidence that the DNC is trying to keep the debates from happening so you've trotted out this video. Notice that Biden isn't the issue — Trump is. Fail.
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:52 am
@Builder,
My god 18 up votes!!!!!!!!!!

First you need to be must more low key as no one is going to buy into there being that many real account holders up voting you.

How many accounts did you take the time to created?????
snood

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 03:44 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
Let’s just pretend like I didn’t call bullshit on your claim that the DNC doesn’t want debates.

Here's the video again, snood. You seem to have a lot of trouble eating crow, but it looks good on you, dude. No, really it does.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6dxFRDh4c [/youtube]

HAHAHAHAAaaaa!!!

You’re pathetic. Is that the best you could do? Nancy Pelosi saying she doesn’t think Joe Biden ought to lower himself or dignify Trump’s clown show by debating him?
This is what you’re trying to pass off as proof that the DNC is scared of the debates, or of Joe’s performance?

Damn. I mean, I know you understood what I asked you to produce. But since you can’t do it, you’re just going to act like you did, and go ‘Nyah, nyah’?

Major, epic fail.

This is what you Trump supporters have sunk to. Lies in defense of lies in defense of a liar.

Cowards in defense of a coward.
I’m looking forward to the debates.

snood

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 03:45 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

My god 18 up votes!!!!!!!!!!

First you need to be must more low key as no one is going to buy into there being that many real account holders up voting you.

How many accounts did you take the time to created?????

It’s scary desperate.
Scary.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 04:31 am
@coldjoint,
I'm not, and I have no problem whatsoever if the admins here would like to compare my public IP address with bobsal u1553115's public IP. In fact, I encourage them to do just that.

Because if they do, then not only will both IP's be very different, mine will come back with my ISP being Optus, which is an AUSTRALIAN ISP. My public IP is also a static IP, which means it never changes, dimwit.
FreedomEyeLove

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 04:37 am
@justaguy2,
You're one of the biggest vote abusers on this site, confirmed.
BillRM

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:00 am
@Builder,
Lord 18 phony up votes was not enough now he is at 22 up votes.

According to the book Disloyal by Trump former lawyer they purchase ISPs accounts to the tune of a few tens of thousands dollars worth in order to made a showing in an online business magazine poll.
izzythepush

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:17 am
@BillRM,
If whoever is doing it just wanted to send you in a flap they’ve succeeded.

Are you trying to encourage them or what?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:40 am
@oralloy,
As always, what you call facts are purely only your opinion, not reality. Simply because you're stubborn is no reason to agree with your misconceptions.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:58 am
@justaguy2,
And I have used the same internet service from the same house for twelve years at least. This is third computer I've used.

Its FreedomEyeLove
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 08:00 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
I'm curious: what are you trying to accomplish with this dumbness of yours? None of the lefties really seem to care except out of curiosity.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 08:29 am
Trump recently cited Austria and other European countries as models of good forest management that U.S. states like California, which has seen devastating wildfires lately, should learn from.

Calling in to Fox News on Tuesday, Trump said that “you look at countries, Austria, you look at so many countries. They live in the forest, they’re considered forest cities. So many of them. And they don’t have fires like this. And they have more explosive trees.”

In an article Thursday for the London-based Independent, Austria’s agriculture minister sought to set the record straight.

We in the Austrian government heard Trump’s claims about our ‘exploding trees’ and ‘forest cities'. I think we need to clarify a few things
Quote:
Taking climate change seriously is a great way to start when you’re preserving and protecting your country’s forests

Elisabeth Köstinger
Austria

"When US President Donald Trump recently mentioned Austria and its forests in relation to the Californian wildfires, we in the Austrian government paid attention. There have been both serious and humorous conversations on social media about the “exploding trees” he mentioned, as well as the fact that he claimed we live within “forest cities” which never catch fire.

As Austrians, fortunately blessed with a healthy sense of humour, we normally take such clichés about our country in our stride. More often than not, people imagine us as living inside the set of The Sound of Music. However, the gravity of current events make Trump’s words much more worrying — after all, right at this moment, thousands of people are fighting horrendous wildfires in life-or-death situations.

In reality, Austria is a country situated in the heart of Europe, where people do not live in the forest, but rather with the forest and in a close, sustainable relationship with the natural environment. Trees cover almost half of our nation’s territory. The sustainable management and protection of our forests makes us world-famous among experts. People love travelling to Austria, but not only for its slopes or for visiting the birthplace of Mozart. We are proud that people visit Austria because we offer our guests intact natural landscapes, forests, hiking trails and fields.

To clarify: No, we don't have any exploding trees in Austria! Even though Austria is densely populated, we have found a way to give our trees the space they need as well as a sustainable future while still making use of what they produce. And yes, when President Trump mentions that our forests have been "tidied up", he is right. In order to create a beautiful, safe and biodiverse environment, you have to look after it. All kinds of pests, especially bark beetles, have the capacity to destroy the hard work of generations of foresters and forest farmers while at the same time increasing the risk of wildfires massively.

If we do not take care of our habitat, there are dangerous consequences: preserving our environment serves as a safety net against avalanches and landslides, and provides a basis for fresh air and drinking water, as well as our economic future. It is not just the responsibility of forest farmers and our many nature-lovers to look after our forests — responsible conservation is part of our collective consciousness and our Austrian identity.

This does not make us “forest people”, but shows how important understanding our environment and our natural resources is. Taking climate change seriously and mitigating its effects is a huge part of this. Austria has preserved a deep awareness of our surroundings throughout the years, an awareness which — unfortunately — other countries seem to have lost.

You will find no “forest cities” in Austria. You will find habitats closely intertwined with forests. Vienna, our capital, is surrounded by a green belt and draws a large proportion of its drinking water from the mountains and forests just an hour away.

Yes, Austria is a forest country; yes Austrians know, love and appreciate their forests. After all, around 300,000 people in Austria make their living directly or indirectly from forestry.

Many people may find Donald Trump's statements about Austria’s forests amusing. For us, it also serves as an opportunity to highlight the beauty of our forests and our country as a whole — while clarifying the truth behind the controversial words. Austria holds all those currently suffering the terrible consequences of climate change in their thoughts and we sincerely hope that the wildfires on the west coast of the US can be brought under control as soon as possible. In our country, we love our forests and the variety of functions and life they offer our guests and us. I sincerely invite all of you to see for yourselves."

Elisabeth Köstinger is the Austrian Federal Minister of Agriculture, Regions and Tourism
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:26 am
Quote:
FARRELL: Mueller And His Team Look Worse By The Day

Quote:
Last week, responding to a Judicial Watch Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, the Justice Department released heavily redacted documents showing that several dozen phones belonging to members of Mueller’s team were wiped or disabled before they could be examined by Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz during his office’s review of the special counsel’s investigation. In each case, the phones were somehow accidentally rendered useless. Two were “in airplane mode, no passcode provided, data unable to be recovered so had to be wiped.” Disgraced FBI lawyer Lisa Page’s phone was inexplicably restored to factory settings. Lawyer James Quarles’ phone spontaneously wiped itself. Several other phones, such as the one used by Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman, were disabled after inputting too many incorrect passwords. It should be noted that disabling an iPhone this way, including the timeouts, would take well over an hour of effort.

Could this mass wiping be viewed as criminal obstruction? Others have faced serious consequences for much less. These same fumble-fingered federal attorneys sought to imprison George Papadopoulos for 20 years simply for switching cell phones and deactivating his Facebook account. The government argued that Papadopoulos knowingly committed obstruction per 18 US Code section 1519, with the intent of impeding or otherwise influencing a federal investigation. Papadopoulos admitted doing it, but said he acted on advice of counsel. Had he instead said it was an accident because he was a tech idiot, like the Mueller lawyers, the government would have had a harder time proving the necessary intent.

The worse Mueller and his team look the better Trump looks.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/in-the-news/farrell-mueller-team/
oralloy

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 11:45 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
As always, what you call facts are purely only your opinion, not reality.

You're a phony who never backs up anything that he says.

You cannot provide any examples of me ever referring to my opinion as fact.

MontereyJack wrote:
Simply because you're stubborn is no reason to agree with your misconceptions.

You also cannot provide any examples of misconceptions on my part.
0 Replies