monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 12:06 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
but just get back to a functional government which serves all of us, not just the richest among us.

Under Obama the 1% did better than any other group. Is that what you want? Under Trump low wage jobs had the biggest increases in pay. Salaries were growing for ALL Americans.
glitterbag

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 12:11 pm
@engineer,
I'm not so sure he's afraid, I think he enjoys making a show of his distain for others. He constantly degrades reporters, especially women with snide remarks about their intelligence, suggesting they are clueless, or nasty..........he seems to really enjoy calling women nasty.........I think he believes it is the ultimate put down and the people he insults will be shocked and crushed. The plus side for Trump is that these juvenile taunts score big points with his base, they relish the idea that a bunch of smarty pants are put in their place. The minus side is that reasonable people don't like seeing others treated badly or insulted in public. They especially don't like to see the power imbalance being abused in such a cheap and tawdry manner.

His fans are eating it up with a spoon and his detractors become more and more convinced he's hopelessly inept and incapable of carrying out the duties of his office. I think he's behaving the way he imagines a powerful and brilliant leader would behave. So he shows his contempt by calling out "Thank you very much" stomps away from the podium and denies everyone the privilege of basking in his glory. What he doesn't understand, is that the people he's trying to insult are just muttering to each other "Christ, what an asshole"
coldjoint

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 12:23 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
They especially don't like to see the power imbalance being abused in such a cheap and tawdry manner.

Like what happened to Kavanaugh? Powerful Senators denying due process and pronouncing guilt on rumors and lies. Like that? Or maybe the Democratic House abuse of power in a sham impeachment?

Everything you said is exactly what Trumps opponents are doing. It is called projection and it only works for simple minded brainwashed losers. And you will lose again in November.
farmerman

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
the senate judiciary is hardly a "trial jury that objectively weighs evidence". Its a FAN CLUB made up of spineless toadies to the executive .We better understand that--ALL OF U D or R.

Noone has determined that the accusations on Kavanaugh are true or false. The fan club decided for us (Just as they did in the impeachment "trial").

If you disbelieve that, welcome to toad hall.
goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 07:46 pm
Susan Rice, who has been one of the staunch backers of Biden-the New York Post reported that Rice has donated money to Biden's campaign- and an acerbic critic of Trump, could be Biden's vice-presidential running-mate, not Kamala Harris. Liberal publications seem to be doing their bit to imply that Rice would be a perfect choice for Biden.

Biden, who's beholden to his black advisers and far-left creeps like Bernie Sanders, is going to do their biding.
goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 07:51 pm
@goldberg,
Kamala Harris is not black enough for BLM's supporters because of her Indian heritage.

Do you know there is a Chinese song that has such lyrics like "black black heart, send me your heart."

Well, Biden could use this song to buddy up to black voters.

Black black heart, send me your heart.
You ain't black if you don't
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 07:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
he’s consistently shown a distaste for democracy

How has he?
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 08:04 pm
@goldberg,
Biden, who's beholden to his black advisers and far-left creeps like Bernie Sanders, is going to do their bidding.
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 08:24 pm
They asseverate it's your fault when black hoods blanch at the thought of getting educated.

They affirm that you are the one to blame when black rioters break into non-black people's houses and loot their shops.

They aver that such black plunderers are victims of Trump's ineptitude since Trump and his interest groups can't create more cushy jobs for them.

By their reckoning, all the largest American companies should have black CEOs with smirking white secretaries serving coffee for them and calling them darlings in their wood-paneled offices, furnished with lacquered desks and ebony chairs inlaid with black diamonds; the walls of their offices are hung with the poster of Black Panther.

After all, they fancy black power.

Yet what's going in Chicago tells a different story; it simply shows that BLACK Lives Matter movement has morphed into Black Looters Matter movement.

In a nutshell, we won't say AFTER YOU to BLM's supporters because we are all equal. We only say it if BLM's supporters admit that they are mostly sissies.

After you, "lady."
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 08:48 pm
It's tempting to excoriate non-black people for their eagerness to insult black people with perceived slights or racial slurs. Yet you just don't feel guilty about it after you find that some black toughs also mistreat non-white people in America, particularly Asian Americans. More worringly, well-off black people living in Africa are wont to ride herd on their own black fellows with glee while blinking at Western nations' calls to weed out venal politicians in Africa.

They are just selfish just like us. So, stop telling us how to live if you are not a purist at all. Stop telling us we have to root for BLM when members of BLM scold you for proclaiming ALL LIVES MATTER.

We are not slaves of black people.
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 09:59 pm

Black leaders are said to be trying to bludgeon Biden into submission as Biden dither over his choice of running mate, according to this article.

"A group of over 100 Black male leaders is declaring that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “has” to name a Black woman as his running mate.

In a letter made public on Monday, the signatories warned the former vice president that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election.”

And pointing to the intense scrutiny some of the running mate contenders have endured in recent weeks, the group wrote that it “disgusts us that Black women are not just being vetted in this VP process but unfairly criticized and scrutinized.”

The letter's co-signers – which include actors, musicians, entertainers, radio hosts, filmmakers, academics, politicians, lawyers, athletes, pastors, business leaders, restaurateurs and activists – emphasized that they “stand in solidarity” with more than 700 Black women who last week signed a letter demanding that Biden choose a Black running mate.

At the top of the list is rapper, record executive and entrepreneur Sean “Diddy” Combs, who’s warned Biden multiple times this spring and summer not to take the Black vote for granted.

Right below Combs on the list is popular nationally syndicated morning radio talk show host Lenard McKelvey, who’s better known as “Charlamagne Tha God.”

Biden sparked controversy in May in an interview with Charlamagne Tha God when the former vice president suggested that voters unsure about whether to support him or President Trump "ain't Black." Hours later, Biden expressed regret for the comments, saying “I shouldn't have been so cavalier.”

Biden said he understood the comments sounded like he was taking the Black vote "for granted" but insisted that wasn't the case. He ran into trouble again last week, walking back comments that seemed to question diversity within the African American community.

BIDEN EXPRESSES REMORSE OVER 'YOU AIN'T BLACK' COMMENTS

Biden’s long had a strong relationship with Black leaders and voters. He served eight years as vice president to President Barack Obama, the nation’s first Black president. And strong support from Black voters helped Biden bounce back from initial primary defeats earlier this year to clinch the Democratic presidential nomination.

The letter argued that “the urgency” for Biden to name a Black woman as his running mate “has gone from something that SHOULD happen to something that HAS to happen. It disgusts us that Black women are not just being vetted in this VP process but unfairly criticized and scrutinized.”

The letter also posed a series of questions.

Some Democrats reportedly worry Biden's VP announcement could draw attention to his gaffesVideo
“Was Joe Biden ever labeled 'too ambitious' because he ran for president three times? Should President Obama not have made him the VP because he had to worry about his 'loyalty' when he clearly had AMBITIONS to be president himself? Why does Senator Kamala Harris have to show remorse for questioning Biden's previous stance on integrated busing during a democratic primary debate?” it asked.

And pointing to tough-on-crime measures Biden championed as a senator from Delaware during the 1980s and 1990s – laws that were later blamed for unfairly targeting Black people and other minorities – the letter asked whether Democratic Party leaders, allies or donors have “ever required Joe Biden to show remorse for the 1986 or 1988 Anti-Drug Abuse bills, which established mandatory minimum sentencing and subsequently crack-cocaine sentencing disparities, and by his own admission, led to mass incarceration?”

“What about the 1994 Crime Bill? Let’s be clear about the kind of remorse and reckoning that matters in 2020 when the Black community is still suffering the consequences for these oppressive measures. So, Black women are the only ones required to stay in their place and to show remorse for even questioning their own oppression?” the co-signers asked.

Biden has made fighting for civil rights and taking aim at systemic racism a central tenet of his 2020 presidential campaign. And he’s heavily criticized Trump on the issue, labeling him a “racist” president.

BRAZILE: BIDEN WOULD BENEFIT BY NAMING BLACK WOMAN AS VP

Polls indicate Biden holds a massive advantage over Trump among Black voters – but not as large as the margins enjoyed by Obama in 2008 and 2012 and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Trump has his own challenges with Black voters, having repeatedly taken aim at those demonstrating this spring and summer for racial justice in the wake of George Floyd’s death at the hands of police -- and labeling the Black Lives Matter term a “symbol of hate.” The president sparked controversy again this summer by retweeting a video of an apparent Trump supporter chanting “white power.”

But the letter warned that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election. We don't want to choose between the lesser of two evils and we don't want to vote the devil we know versus the devil we don't because we are tired of voting for devils—period.”
0 Replies

goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 10:03 pm
Biden, how on earth you just can't suss out the fact that you can't win the election by pinning hopes on the black vote? Have you been gaslighted by your black advisers? Hi , mark my words, you need to stick to centrism if you want to win the election.

Just send your black advisers home since they are not even liberals. Maybe Biden is too old to be president.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 10:06 pm
@farmerman,
I was able to skip 7 GBerg's and one with either CJ or OB...I love that button
goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 10:17 pm
I really think that Biden is a nice guy. Problem is he is surrounded by mean-spirited black advisers gung-ho about seizing control of leadership with black power. By which I mean Biden has been duped by his black advisers and Nancy Pelosi, who just wants to spite Trump instead of finding a way to promote conventional liberal values.
goldberg

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 10:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Keep hunkering down in your Potemkin village. Biden is not going to win the election unless he embraces centrism.
BillRM

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 10:25 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

I really think that Biden is a nice guy. Problem is he is surrounded by mean-spirited black advisers gung-ho about seizing control of leadership with black power. By which I mean Biden has been duped by his black advisers and Nancy Pelosi, who just wants to spite Trump instead of finding a way to promote conventional liberal values.

Yes indeed it the Blacks an do not forget the Jews how the hell can you forget the Jews..........OH I forgot the name you are posting under a Jew!!!!!!!

Such complete nonsense anyone who try to promote it should feel ashame.

MontereyJack

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 10:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Under trump, all the econonic gains have been lost., the economy is tanking, and unemployment is far higher than it was when he got obama's thriving economy.
coldjoint

Mon 10 Aug, 2020 11:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Under trump, all the econonic gains have been lost.

No they have not, 401K's have more than doubled. The Stock market is still strong. People will vote to keep it that way.
Quote:
obama's thriving economy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 11 Aug, 2020 12:31 am
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/21/17/4B65B40B00000578-5642011-image-a-4_1524328560730.jpg

[Jim] Carrey has revealed a number of new paintings of Trump in recent weeks.

One artwork shows a man, who Carrey himself said was Trump, outfitted in a fuzzy blue robe and ready to dig into a bowl with two scoops of ice cream plus whipped cream and cherries on top.

The photo is a clear reference to a Time Magazine interview that revealed Trump always enjoys two scoops of ice cream while everyone else at the dinner table only gets one.

'Dear Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery @NPG, I know it's early but I'd like to submit this as the official portrait of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump,' Carrey tweeted on Thursday.

'It's called, 'You Scream. I Scream. Will We Ever Stop Screaming?'

0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 11 Aug, 2020 06:27 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Under COVID-19, all the econonic gains have been lost., the economy is tanking, and unemployment is far higher than it was when he got obama's thriving economy.

Don't be an asshole and blame Trump for COVID and the results of shutting everything down.