monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 01:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I really knew nothing about all this until my oldest granddaughter told me last night that everybody she knows on TikTok is really going down on Trump for threatening TikTok. These are young people able and might be willing to vote him out this time around if they are ticked off enough. Apparently they already don't like him to pulled that Tulsa stunt. (funny when you think about that stunt)
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 01:16 pm
I wonder if the able2know moderators take unsolicited advice? Make it so that when you have people on ignore you can't even see the ignored user posted. It's annoying to have so many ignored user post on the thread taking up space.
coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 01:29 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Make it so that when you have people on ignore you can't even see the ignored user posted. It's annoying to have so many ignored user post on the thread taking up space.

You could remedy that situation yourself. Stay off the thread. Cool
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 01:45 pm
@revelette1,
I don't know, I like it when I see a ton of 'ignored users' on a page....I think of it as freedom from the moronic responses of the stupid persuasion. Life is uncertain, and seeing a string of 'ignored user' tells me I have not burdened myself wading thru rancid crap. It's just not healthy, why sicken yourself? If you didn't know such twisted thinking existed you wouldn't be able to properly protect yourself from the deadly cranial Swiss cheese .... it's contagious.

Plus they don't like to be ignored.....it's a win win.
coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I like it when I see a ton of 'ignored users' on a page..

Celebrating intolerance? Why not? You have nothing else going for you. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:03 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Plus they don't like to be ignored.....it's a win win.

Actually I do like it when you don't respond to me.

So keep it up.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:06 pm
Quote:
There is more than enough evidence today for the American public to demand an audit on the legitimacy of the coronavirus numbers.
There have been hundreds if not thousands of reports of fraudulent cases.

And for some strange reason the CDC demanded America’s doctors count even suspect cases in their coronavirus counts.

The medical community is perpetrating a fraud on the American public.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/autopsy-shows-young-florida-nurse-died-kidney-infection-never-coronavirus-video/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PostTopSharingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:12 pm
Twitter time.

Quote:
@hale_razor
Public gatherings to burn Bibles: OK

Public gatherings to read Bibles: BANNED
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:15 pm
The Democratic platform.
https://www.theburningplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2739361_0.jpg
Quote:
The willingness of tens of millions to unquestioningly believe what they have been told by their leaders and supposed medical “experts” regarding a virus which will not kill 99.97% of the American population is a fascinating exploration of herd mentality and the power of fear propaganda. This nasty virus, supposedly let loose from a Wuhan bio-lab, is less deadly than the annual flu among those under 65 years old and more deadly when purposefully introduced into nursing homes by politicians.

The virus has less negative impact on school age children than the annual flu. But governors, mayors and teachers’ unions are refusing to open schools in the Fall, despite the data and actual experience in European schools proving it is safe to do so. The path of history during 2020 has not been natural or propelled by normal un-manipulated circumstances. The manner in which events have transpired seems staged, well planned, and designed for a purpose not yet revealed to the masses.

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2020/08/01/are-you-loving-your-servitude/
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Did you get the response from the cranial Swiss cheesers you expected? I think they proved your post again. They can't help themselves even though they know you won't see their demented replies.
roger

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:18 pm
@revelette1,
There was a lot of discussion about a year or so ago, including Robert. It looks like nothing came of it, though nearly everyone was in favor.
coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:22 pm
@roger,
Quote:
though nearly everyone was in favor.

What does that tell you about the stupidity of group think? Apparently Robert does not think too much of it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 02:36 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
There was a lot of discussion about a year or so ago, including Robert. It looks like nothing came of it, though nearly everyone was in favor.

I think you are misremembering.

I recall it being four or five years ago. It was Robert's idea but a lot of people were against it.

It was not what Revelette just asked for. What Robert proposed was a double ended ignore function, where if you put someone on ignore, not only did you not see their posts, but they would not see your posts.

I was one of the ones who opposed it, as I thought it was ripe for abuse. You could attack someone in public and block them from seeing your public attacks against them.

I've since warmed to the idea though. The notion of being able to block specific people (name-callers and votedown abusers) from ever seeing my posts appeals to me.

EDIT: https://able2know.org/topic/304831-3#post-6079883

EDIT2: I guess I realized the potential of blocking abusers back then too:
https://able2know.org/topic/304831-6#post-6080168

I guess what changed is, back then I thought the downsides outweighed the benefits. Now I think the benefits outweigh the downsides.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 05:58 pm
@roger,
I wonder why not? I mean if you change your mind, you can always change it yourself. Perhaps a side room for only unignored users for those who can't quite made up their minds and want to peek. I do it myself, usually regret after a while. There are two or three posters I keep switching back and forth between ignored and unignored. Also while I am on the subject, get rid of the down vote but keep the up vote. I use it constantly, but I still think it is unnecessary.

just saying
coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 06:19 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Perhaps a side room

A "safe space"?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 06:53 pm
Quote:
NYT Op-Ed Calls For End of Presidential Debates

There is a shocker. Not.
Quote:
The New York Times published an op-ed Monday morning titled “Let’s Scrap the Presidential Debates,” arguing that they play too great a role in helping voters choose the president.

That is the way it goes, but they know Biden will lose badly. So, of course, change it because it does not work in the Democrats favor.

The NYT is a rag pushing Democratic propaganda.

https://tammybruce.com/2020/08/nyt-op-ed-calls-for-end-of-presidential-debates.html
roger

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 07:10 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I wonder why not? I mean if you change your mind, you can always change it yourself. Perhaps a side room for only unignored users for those who can't quite made up their minds and want to peek. I do it myself, usually regret after a while. There are two or three posters I keep switching back and forth between ignored and unignored. Also while I am on the subject, get rid of the down vote but keep the up vote. I use it constantly, but I still think it is unnecessary.

just saying
I think the reason it wasn't done was just practical. Changing the setup costs money for reprogramming. I have heard the site has advertising for anyone not logged in, but don't really know because I don't bother logging out. Besides that, there are no user fees.

As for removing the downthumb, I would be okay with that. In fact, I'm on one forum with about a half dozen possible ratings. You cannot dislike a post, though, but you can darn sure like or agree with someone who doesn't like another's post.
MontereyJack

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 07:49 pm
@coldjoint,
We've seen Trump debate and bluster snd lie straight-facedly in everythng he says for four years now. We know what he'll say. We know he willlie incessantly. It's what he does. They should set up the debates like the Gong Show used to be-- a gong rings any time someone tells a lie. it'
ll ring every twenty se=conds or so when trump talks. Without instant fact checking he',ll be just a continutous cavalcade of trump falsehoods.
coldjoint

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 08:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
We know what he'll say.

You know ****. You know how to repeat lies and that is about it.
glitterbag

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 09:19 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Did you get the response from the cranial Swiss cheesers you expected? I think they proved your post again. They can't help themselves even though they know you won't see their demented replies.

I don't know, I think there are 5 or six 'user ignored' posts.....it's not really necessary to read them because they are always the same.....ok, I'll grant you that it's two different styles of what passes for wit in some circles, but it's still monotonous and devoid of any cleverness.

0 Replies