monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillRM

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 08:59 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

BillRM wrote:

He might get a small scale civil war going if states and local governments decide to act against these brown shirts to protect their citizens.

That’s what I believe he wants. So he can declare a national emergency and grind all government to a halt - including the upcoming election.

Given that we have elections including a Presidential election during the civil war I do not think he could get away with not holding the election.

In fact If I remember hearing correctly Lincoln fear not being elected due to bad news from the battlefields at one point.
snood

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 09:11 am
@BillRM,
Yes. I’m not saying he will get the election disruption he wants. I’m just saying he
wants it. His thuggish federal secret police are just an indication of the kind of desperate depths to which this “president “ will stoop.
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 01:27 pm
Quote:
The hate that liberals display every day–toward Donald Trump, toward law enforcement, toward America–is sickening. And the hate doesn’t come only from fringe elements like Antifa and Black Lives Matter. It emanates from the public schools, from the federal bureaucracy, from academia and Hollywood, from the New York Times and the Washington Post, and other outposts of the establishment. Increasingly, I think it is doubtful whether our country can survive the cancerous hatred that comes from our own institutions.

He is right. He speaks an obvious truth.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/07/our-hateful-establishment.php
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 01:41 pm
Quote:
WATCH: Mike Ditka on Anthem Protests: ‘If You Can’t Respect Our National Anthem, Get the Hell Out of the Country

You tell them "Iron Mike".

Who is going to be the first to say he is just another old white man? Americans come in all colors, he is an American.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 02:05 pm
Quote:
Compare Original '45 Goals Of Communism' To Modern Woke Crusade

Quote:
TEN EXAMPLES OF COMMUNIST GOALS COME TO LIFE
1. Normalize Revolt
2. Cancel the Police
3. Dismember the Family
4. Infiltrate Schools With Leftism
5. Pervert the Press
6. Media Blockade of Trump
7. Demolish the Founders
8. Condemn the American Experiment
9. Big Business Now Woke
10. Cancel the Constitution

And people do not think these are Communists behind this, why? It is all there.
https://canadafreepress.com/article/compare-original-45-goals-of-communism-to-modern-woke-crusade
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 03:05 pm
Quote:
Charles Barkley Defies Left To Say ‘We Can’t Allow Black People To Be Prejudiced Also’

Quote:
On a recent episode of the news and pop culture podcast “The Steam Room,” NBA legend Charles Barkley blasted the recent anti-semitic remarks that have been made by some prominent black people.

During the episode, Barkley called out the hypocrisy of those who claim other groups are racist while promoting hatred toward both Jewish and white people.

“I want allies. I don’t want to alienate anybody,” Barkley said. “And to take shots at the Jewish race, or white race — I just don’t like it because it’s not right. And I had to call him on it because it’s really, it’s really been on my heart.”

He went on to call out specific people who have made hateful remarks.

“Desean Jackson, Steven Jackson, Nick Cannon, Ice Cube. Man, what the h-ll are y’all doing? Like, y’all want racial equality. We all do,” Barkley said. “I don’t understand how insulting another group helps our cause… We can’t allow black people to be prejudiced also… I’m so disappointed in these men.”

I do not think he gives a **** whether he is cancelled or not. Standing up to haters is a good thing.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/charles-barkley-defies-left-to-say-we-cant-allow-black-people-to-be-prejudiced-also/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 03:28 pm
https://i0.wp.com/issuesinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/mrz072220_color.jpg?resize=1024%2C744&ssl=1
0 Replies

goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:12 pm
Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro is right about Biden, who seems to have become besotted with his black advisers' suggestion of hiding behind the wall-which is to say, not to answer tough questions posed by Fox News.

From Fox News.

"During his interview with Chris Wallace last week, President Trump questioned whether the Democrats' presumptive presidential nominee, Joe Biden, could handle the barrage of questioning that Wallace posed to Trump.

The answer to that question – at least for now – we may never know.

Wallace on Sunday informed viewers that the Biden campaign told Fox News he was “not available” for an interview.

"In our interview last week with President Trump, he questioned whether his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden, could handle a similar encounter,” Wallace said. “This week, we asked the Biden campaign for an interview and they said the former vice president was not available.”

He added, “We’ll keep asking every week.”

Preview: President Trump sits down with Chris Wallace for an exclusive interview on 'Fox News Sunday'Video
The Trump campaign has hit Biden for months for abstaining from holding rallies and news conferences while continuing to do interviews amid the coronavirus pandemic. While Biden recently has returned to the stump, Trump and his allies continued to mock the former vice president for “hiding” in his home in Delaware.

Biden’s reticence to do public events, however, has done little to hurt his candidacy as the latest polls had Biden comfortably ahead of Trump both nationally and in key battleground states.

Real Clear Politics averages indicated the president was down 7 points in Florida, 6.7 points in Pennsylvania, 8.2 points in Michigan and 6.4 points in Wisconsin. Trump narrowly won all four states in 2016, flipping them from blue to red as he won the White House.

The latest Fox News Polls put Biden ahead in Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania, with leads all outside the margin of error.

Polling also suggested Biden had a slight edge in Ohio, North Carolina and Arizona, three other important swing states this cycle. And, surveys indicated that once reliably red states such as Texas and Georgia were all knotted up between Trump and the former vice president.

Presidential elections in which an incumbent is running for a second term in the White House are often a referendum on that president – and that’s seen as being the case right now in the 2020 showdown between Trump and Biden. The top issues have been the coronavirus and an economy flattened by the pandemic – and the president’s performance and record on both issues."

Ben Shapiro also argues that Biden has his work out for him after he picks a far-left presidential partner bent on dragging Biden toward radical progressivism that has nothing to do with conventional liberalism thinking.

John Locke wouldn't have voted for Biden.

goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:23 pm
@goldberg,
My advice to Trump's black advisers. Be sure to get BLM going. Most non-black voters are not going to vote for a hypocrite trying to cuddle up to a mob of fire-breathing protesters and brigands.

Traditional liberals, who are incandescent at the way Biden's black advisers trample on conventional liberalism, are going to be fence-sitters as well.

That's good news to Trump.

goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:25 pm
Please keep being rioters to help Trump get elected, BLM's fans.

By the way, just don't try to find out what Biden said about school segregation if you are black.
glitterbag

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:26 pm
@goldberg,
Since Trump has been anxious to be interviewed by CNN, MSNB, NYT ....oh wait, never mind.
BillRM

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:27 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

Please keep being rioters to help Trump get elected, BLM's fans.

Do you not also wish the police to keep killing innocent blacks?
goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Fox News is the most-watched news channel in America. CNN is the last one in terms of TV ratings.

I only watch MSNBC.
glitterbag

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:31 pm
@goldberg,
So you say, sure, why not.
goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:32 pm
@BillRM,
Far from it. I think the white cop who killed George Floyd is guilty. Yet there is no reason to defund the police or even abolish police departments.

Please don't forget that some cops are black.
goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:35 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm still a liberal; however, I'm no fan of far-left activism.
0 Replies

goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:36 pm
@goldberg,
that has nothing to do with conventional liberal thinking.
0 Replies

goldberg

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:39 pm
@BillRM,
No comment. You should have asked coldjoint this question, not me. He is a fan of Trump.

I would support Trump if he were Reagan.

0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 06:42 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

Far from it. I think the white cop who killed George Floyd is guilty. Yet there is no reason to defund the police or even abolish police departments.

Please don't forget that some cops are black.

An no one in power or near being in power are wishing to defund the police at the most they wish to move some resources away from the police an use those funds so the police do not need to handle every problem in society criminal or not. criminal.