monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:49 pm
@goldberg,
Liberals respect property rights and champion the rule of law. They are opposed to anarchy, although some well-regarded liberals reportedly extolled the French Revolution and agitated for change. Traditional conservatives, say, Edmund Burke reportedly blasted the French Revolution and decried violence; maintaining order is the holy principle that conventional conservatives hold dear.

0 Replies

goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:51 pm
@snood,
Ta-Nehisi Coates and Nikole Hannah-Jones are said to be the leading voices of black activism
goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:55 pm
@snood,
The Post also has a black columnist chomping at the bit to coerce Americans into rooting for her own version of black supremacy, in spite of the fact that she was born in Ghana.
0 Replies

goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 08:57 pm
@snood,
I'm not bashing them. mind you. I just think that they are all cage-rattlers or rabble-rousers just like supporters of the Alt-Right movement.
glitterbag

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:09 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

I think most black people yearn to be law-abiding citizens; they just want to secure well-paid jobs with copious financial perks, particularly welfare benefits. Political leaders like Trump and Biden have the duty to create jobs and safeguard civil liberties for black people for this reason.

Yet some black people are truly backsliders keen on smoking weed and jacking other black people and non-black people. On top of that, they even act like racists when Asian Americans are around. A black woman is seen asking a girl who's Chinese American to leave her NATION and go back to China in a video clip.

I'd imagine a learned person like you wouldn't do this.

What the ****?????? Are you recovering from surgery and still addled by pain meds. Once more, WTF ???? It's been a very long while since I've heard someone so blithely and nakedly express such vile racist nonsense. Was this a sick attempt to be shocking?? I should have been shocked, but instead I find this revolting. It's repulsive and I can't imagine how you even think this, and yet you actually wrote it on a forum.
glitterbag

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:11 pm
@snood,
My ignore list just got one screen name longer.
glitterbag

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:13 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

I'm not bashing them. mind you. I just think that they are all cage-rattlers or rabble-rousers just like supporters of the Alt-Right movement.

Make no mistake, you are bashing people...it's insulting.
goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:17 pm
@glitterbag,
But that's true. I have seen several video clips in which some black thugs are seen skewering Chinese and Asian Americans. One of them derides a man who's Chinese American after his small shop has been burned down by a group of peeved black protesters. He even asks the victim what happened to his shop, and then suggests buying some drinks from the victim. " Do I still have to pay for it? " demands the black man, laughing.

In another video clip, a black woman is seen trying to snatch a girl' s phone from her. And she starts throwing tantrums after getting caught, telling the girl that she should go back to Asia.

glitterbag

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:21 pm
@goldberg,
Thank God you're not working on a cure for cancer, you stink at observation and understanding.
goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Just go find such video clips please. I'm not lying when I say lots of Asian and Chinese Americans have been bullied by such black baddies.

You just can't elide it.

0 Replies

goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:24 pm
@glitterbag,
You are entitled to your own opinion. I'm not you, so it's natural that we have different views on this issue.
glitterbag

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:31 pm
@goldberg,
It's very clear you are not me. Have a lovely life. Adios
goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:34 pm
@glitterbag,
It's okay if you want to ignore me. Yet you just can't disguise the fact that we also have black racists on earth. They grouse about white supremacy and bleat about penury; however, that doesn't refrain them from riding herd on Asian Americans and lampooning them for being swots instead of rappers like them.
0 Replies

goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:36 pm
@glitterbag,
Good luck to you. I still take you as a friend here.
0 Replies

goldberg

Fri 24 Jul, 2020 09:47 pm
You are just wrong if you think that Biden will be able to win the election by prattling on about his support for BLM. He can't get elected just by winning the black vote.

Time will tell who is right. Biden's efforts to beat Trump will misfire if he just wants to hire more black advisers and far-left headbangers.

He needs to "cleave to the centre" in the words of The Economist.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 12:16 am
Sock puppet city. Admin is permanently out to lunch on this issue.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 12:55 am
Toward the end of Friday's press briefing, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany claimed that the series about cartoon rescue dogs ("PAW Patrol") "was canceled" while describing President Donald Trump's stance against cancel culture.
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/Ps85k8P.jpg

Another bizarre moment in the history of this administration: for the first time, the White House was corrected by a children's broadcast while spreading a false claim.
roger

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 01:07 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I like Kayleigh, though. She's pretty, and she always has that 'deer in the headlights' look. Like, what are you guys going to do to me now.
oristarA

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 01:14 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I like Kayleigh, though. She's pretty, and she always has that 'deer in the headlights' look. Like, what are you guys going to do to me now.

OK. English time.

Is the look that deer in the headlighs consistent with being pretty?

I checked out dictionaries:

like a deer in (the) headlights
In a state or manner of paralyzing surprise, fear, or bewilderment. Likened to the tendency of deer to freeze in place in front of an oncoming vehicle.
When she asked me to marry her, I could only stand there like a deer in headlights.
He froze like a deer in the headlights when I caught him taking money out of the register.

My guess is that since being pretty, a look that is like deer in the headlighs would mean being more vulnerable, more loving. Am I on the right track, Roger?
roger

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 01:28 am
@oristarA,
Nothing to do with being pretty, though that might add to the charm.

She always looks so startled that her mind goes blank. When that happens to deer at night, they often get hit by moving cars.