monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Region Philbis

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 05:42 am
@izzythepush,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/melania-trump-statue-set-fire-slovenia-july-fourth/
izzythepush

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 05:43 am
@Region Philbis,
Thanks.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 08:33 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Trump has NOOOO understanding that everyone takes an oath to uphold the Constitution, not cheat and lie for whatever clown sits in the pres' chair.

The Constitution gives the President absolute power within the executive branch.

And Mr. Trump is not asking anyone to cheat or lie.

farmerman wrote:
Our two trolls do not understand this also

Posting facts that make you sad does not make someone a troll.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 08:34 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
It's impossible for Trump to uphold The Constitution.

Not at all. Look at what a great job he is doing upholding it so far.

It's progressives who hate the Constitution and always want to violate it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 08:35 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
he'll be lucky to avoid prison time when he loses it all.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their abuse of the law to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 08:36 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
glitterbag wrote:
patriots like Lt. Col. Vindman

Laughing Laughing Laughing
The rest of your post is projection. The hateful rhetoric comes from you.

Yep. I just waded through her nonsense-filled post. You summed it up fairly and accurately.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 08:44 am
The Supreme Court ruled today that a New York prosecutor is entitled to see President Trump’s private and business financial records, ending an intense legal battle waged by the president to keep them secret.

TRUMP ET AL. v. MAZARS USA, LLP, ET AL.
blatham

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 08:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes. Waiting now to read some good analyses of what will follow.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 09:01 am
What Would a Democratic ‘Tsunami’ in November Look Like?
By Ed Kilgore

Among those of us who obsessively track electoral horse-race analysis, it was the shot heard round the world:
Quote:

This election is looking more like a Democratic tsunami than simply a Blue wave.

Coming from veteran observer Amy Walters of the ultra-cautious Cook Political Report, this was an unusually bold assertion, buttressed, it appears, by her belief that “the president is not interested in changing his approach or focus” despite countless indicators that he needs to in order to survive. She even discounts the possibility that Trump’s dismal performance will create a “checks and balances” undertow benefiting down-ballot Republicans among voters worrying about too much Democratic power:

Quote:
At least one Republican I spoke with … was wary of a check and balance working this year, telling me that “people are looking for a restart and a reset.” That includes down-ballot candidates as well as the president.

So it might be time to take a cautious and highly conditional look ahead at what a “Democratic tsunami” might look like, and might produce after the elections. Democrats with a superstitious fear of even thinking over-confidently are excused from a further reading of this piece, lest they tempt the Lord Satan (or at least Vladimir Putin) to intervene demonically on the president’s behalf... (more at link)
Region Philbis

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 09:19 am
@blatham,

https://imgur.com/EeoPv3Q.gifhttps://imgur.com/EeoPv3Q.gifhttps://imgur.com/EeoPv3Q.gif

#VoteBlueFFS
blatham

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 10:25 am
@Region Philbis,
I have become so cynical regarding the GOP and it's allies/funders that I would be totally unsurprised if moves are taken from now through January to **** up the nation's ability to recover under a Biden presidency. If they are willing, for some perceived or hoped-for electoral advantage, to let hundreds of thousands die unnecessarily, what else might they do?
Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 10:28 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I have become so cynical regarding the GOP and it's allies/funders that I would be totally unsurprised if moves are taken from now through January to **** up the nation's ability to recover under a Biden presidency. If they are willing, for some perceived or hoped-for electoral advantage, to let hundreds of thousands die unnecessarily, what else might they do?

If Biden wins, and I expect he will win big, I am expecting a scorched Earth policy for the time between the election results and January 20, 2021.

Trump will take everyone down with himself if he can. He knows he will be remembered by history as the worst president ever.
McGentrix

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 10:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

He knows he will be remembered by history as the worst president ever.

You said the same stupid thing about GW Bush and I expect about GHW Bush and Reagan.

I predict that you will say the same thing about the next GOP President.

*yawn*
oralloy

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 11:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
If Biden wins, and I expect he will win big, I am expecting a scorched Earth policy for the time between the election results and January 20, 2021.
Trump will take everyone down with himself if he can.

It would be perfectly fair for Mr. Trump to set up a number of independent councils to conduct lengthy criminal investigations into an incoming Biden Administration.

Not that I expect Mr. Biden to win.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 11:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Trump will take everyone down with himself if he can. He knows he will be remembered by history as the worst president ever.

Trump is uniquely horrible. The pandemic and his behavior as regards it has demonstrated just how horrible he is. But the GOP's support of him tells us a more important story, I think.

And, of course, if Trump and the GOP do sustain losses such as I expect, then the party will attempt to rebrand itself as it did post-Bush. Much will be shoved down the memory hole. There will be gaslighting. But if their losses are big enough and if the Dems are aggressive enough, this could mean a real alteration in the power structures of the US. And that's vital.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 12:12 pm
Geoffrey S. Berman told House investigators about a tense meeting in a luxury hotel room in which Attorney General William P. Barr pressured him to resign and he refused.

Top Manhattan Prosecutor Ousted by Trump Details Firing
oralloy

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 12:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
They got him out in the end though. That's what matters.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 12:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

Top Manhattan Prosecutor Ousted by Trump Details Firing

Poor baby. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 01:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
Do you really think there are that many Communists?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 9 Jul, 2020 01:28 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

He knows he will be remembered by history as the worst president ever.

You said the same stupid thing about GW Bush and I expect about GHW Bush and Reagan.

I predict that you will say the same thing about the next GOP President.

*yawn*

My signature line at another forum where I post:

Trump…more than just an ignorant, classless boor. He also is the worst president in American history.

Yawn at that.
0 Replies