monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 02:28 pm
Quote:
Ric Grenell Hits Senator Mark Warner With Sunlight Hammer as He Exits Role as DNI….

Quote:
Oh my, acting DNI Ric Grenell was/is buckets of brutally honest awesome.

In a departing letter to SSCI Vice-Chair Mark Warner, Grenell responds to a Warner inquiry demanding justification for his blitz of sunlight and naming of unmaskers.

Specifically pointing to the release of names that unmasked Trump administration officials Grenell notes “the decision to declassify the names of individuals who sough to unmask the identity of General Flynn poses absolutely no risk of compromise of either sources or methods.” Grenell also tells Warner, “cherry picking certain documents for release while attacking the release of others that don’t fit your political narrative is part of the problem the American people have with Washington DC politicians.”

Sunlight and truth. Extraordinary these days in DC. Copy of the letter at link.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/05/26/ric-grenell-hits-senator-mark-warner-with-sunlight-hammer-as-he-exits-role-as-dni/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:13 pm
Quote:
Jindal: Dems 'Willing to Crush the American Economy' to Beat Trump

Not that this is breaking news. This has been obvious since the lockdowns in blue states were extended.
Quote:
He also slammed Democrats for their push to use the pandemic to "transform" the United States with their agenda, bringing up the $3 trillion coronavirus relief bill that the House recently passed.

The bill, with its focus on spending, gives states incentives to keep their economies closed, Jindal added.

What you’re seeing is states like California saying we’re going to give millions of dollars to illegal immigrants," Jindal said. "You’re seeing states like Illinois saying we want $10 billion to bail out our pensions, programs that had problems even before the coronavirus."

Meanwhile, states run by Democrats are reopening more slowly than states run by Republicans, Jindal said.

"[They] represent something like a third of the U.S. economy. This means a slower recovery for those states and the U.S." said Jindal. "It’s been nearly 10 weeks since the Democratic governors of California, New York, New Jersey, and Illinois ordered all businesses in their states to shut down save those they deemed essential. Job losses in these states have been especially severe because of their strict lockdowns."

Democrats want Americans to suffer and are trying to make sure it happens.
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/bobby-jindal-democrats-pelosi-economy/2020/05/26/id/969018/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:16 pm
Widower of Joe Scarborough staffer seeks removal of Trump tweets that promote baseless conspiracy theory

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/widower-of-late-joe-scarborough-staffer-seeks-removal-of-trump-tweets-that-promote-baseless-conspiracy-theory/2020/05/26/cf06257a-9f45-11ea-b5c9-570a91917d8d_story.html

By
John Wagner
May 26, 2020 at 1:34 p.m. CDT

The widower of a former congressional staff member for Joe Scarborough has asked Twitter chief executive officer Jack Dorsey to delete tweets by President Trump furthering a baseless conspiracy theory about his wife’s death.

“My request is simple: Please delete these tweets,” Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in a letter to Dorsey, seeking his intervention as Trump continues to suggest that Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida who is now an MSNBC host, was responsible for the 2001 death of Lori Klausutis.

In a statement Tuesday, Twitter expressed sympathy for the Klausutis family but gave no indication Trump’s tweets would be deleted.

“We are deeply sorry about the pain these statements, and the attention they are drawing, are causing the family,” the statement said. “We’ve been working to expand existing product features and policies so we can more effectively address things like this going forward, and we hope to have those changes in place shortly.”
AD

The existence of Klausutis’s letter was reported in an opinion piece in the New York Times.

With no evidence, Trump has continued to push a conspiracy theory that Scarborough, while a member of Congress, had an affair with his married staffer and that he may have killed her — a theory that has been debunked by news organizations including The Washington Post and that Timothy Klausutis called a “vicious lie” in his letter to Dorsey.

Trump suggested the 2001 death of a Joe Scarborough aide is an ‘unsolved mystery.’ It isn’t.

On Tuesday morning, Trump went on Twitter again to advocate the “opening of a Cold Case against Psycho Joe Scarborough,” which he said was “not a Donald Trump original thought.”

“So many unanswered & obvious questions, but I won’t bring them up now!” Trump added. “Law enforcement eventually will?

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany later told reporters that she didn’t know if Trump had seen Klausutis’s letter, “but I do know our hearts are with Lori’s family at this time,” she added.
AD

McEnany then sought to turn the tables on Scarborough, accusing him and his co-host and wife, Mika Brzezinski, of having made “quite a few” false allegations about Trump.

“They should be held to account for their falsehoods,” McEnany said, dismissing questions about why the president of the United States would press a debunked conspiracy theory about someone committing murder.

Authorities determined that Lori Klausutis suffered an abnormal heart rhythm and died after collapsing and striking her head. She was discovered in Scarborough’s office in Fort Walton Beach, on her back with her head near a desk, according to a 2001 police report.

“I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong him — the memory of my dead wife — and perverted it for perceived political gain,” Klausutis said in the letter, dated May 21. “My wife deserves better.”
AD

Klausutis argued that Trump’s tweets violate Twitter’s community rules and terms of service.

“An ordinary user like me would be banished from the platform for such a tweet but I am only asking that these tweets be removed,” he said.

Florida family grieves as Trump spreads debunked conspiracy theory to attack MSNBC host

Neither Twitter nor the White House immediately responded to a request for comment.

Scarborough, who was 900 miles away in Washington on the day Klausutis died, and Brzezinski have both expressed outrage on the air in recent days — saying that Trump’s false accusations were most hurtful to Klausutis’s family. Brzezinski called Trump a “cruel, sick, disgusting person” and said he was using the episode to distract from the coronavirus pandemic.

On Tuesday, Scarborough and Brzezinski addressed the episode on air, reading the letter referenced in a New York Times opinion piece by Kara Swisher.
AD

“I know all too well how much T.J. has suffered and how much his family has suffered,” Scarborough said, referring to Timothy Klausutis. “It’s unspeakably cruel, whether it’s the president or whether it’s people following the president. These are not public figures, nor have they ever been public figures. Every time they spread these lies, they’re hurting the family.”

Trump has repeated his baseless accusations about Scarborough on several occasions in recent weeks. Among the tweets cited in Klausutis’s letter is one from May 12.

“Did he get away with murder?” Trump asked of Scarborough. “Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? A total nut job!”

Craig Pittman and Anne Gearan contributed to this report.
coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
baseless conspiracy theory

Is it as bad as the Russian one pushed for three years? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:50 pm
"This Is So Unfair to Me": Trump Whines About His COVID-19 Victimhood as Campaign Flails
Source: Vanity Fair

As he headed into Memorial Day weekend, Donald Trump complained that he was COVID-19’s biggest victim. “He was just in a ******* rage,” said a person who spoke with Trump late last week. “He was saying, ‘This is so unfair to me! Everything was going great. We were cruising to reelection!” Even as the death toll neared 100,000 and unemployment ranks swelled to over 38 million, Trump couldn’t see the pandemic as anything other than something that had happened to him. “The problem is he has no empathy,” the adviser said. Trump complained that he should have been warned about the virus sooner. “The intelligence community let me down!” he said.

The White House declined to comment.

Read more: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/trump-whines-about-his-covid-19-victimhood-as-campaign-flails

Imagine haw all those 100,000 dead feel, all the 40,000 needlessly dead and thier families especially.

Get ready for the next wave in this nest 2 or 3 weeks.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:57 pm
https://i.imgur.com/WeXED8e.png
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Tue 26 May, 2020 04:42 pm
Quote:
Twitter labels Trump’s tweets with a fact check for the first time

The action comes after years of criticism that social media companies have allowed the president
to push misinformation unchecked

Twitter on Tuesday slapped a fact-check label on President Trump’s tweets for the first time, a response
to long-standing criticism that the company is too hands-off when it comes to policing misinformation
and falsehoods from world leaders.

The move, which escalates tensions between Washington and Silicon Valley in an election year, was made
in response to two Trump tweets over the past 24 hours. The tweets falsely claimed that mail-in ballots
are fraudulent. Twitter’s label says, “Get the facts about mail-in ballots,” and redirects users to news
articles about Trump’s unsubstantiated claim.

https://i.imgur.com/vWshvSU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QTtOLdX.jpg

The tweets, said Twitter spokesperson Katie Rosborough, “contain potentially misleading information
about voting processes and have been labeled to provide additional context around mail-in ballots.”

Twitter’s actions come on a day when Twitter was facing a barrage of criticism over another set of
Trump tweets. Earlier on Tuesday the widower of a former staffer to Joe Scarborough asked Twitter
chief executive officer Jack Dorsey to delete tweets by President Trump furthering a baseless conspiracy
theory about the staffer’s wife’s death.
(wapo)
coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 05:15 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
Twitter labels Trump’s tweets with a fact check for the first time

The people that trust social media fact checkers are not Trump people to start with. Good luck. It will backfire, and make Trump more popular.
Region Philbis

Tue 26 May, 2020 05:19 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Trump people

oh, right... the revolving door crowd...
coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 05:26 pm
Quote:
Politico, Dems warn: Trump will undermine election results in a loss, you know

Quote:
Sometimes, there just are no words. It’s as if the entire Russia-collusion hoax simply vanished into thin air, at least at Politico. Is this simply the greatest case of projection ever — and not just from Democrats, but also the media?

The Politico article is quoted and then answered. First by a Trump spokesman.
Quote:
Tim Murtaugh, a spokesman for Trump’s reelection effort, called any discussion about the president’s unwillingness to leave office if defeated “baseless, ridiculous conspiracy talk and they should go see [Democrats] Hillary Clinton or Stacey Abrams because they actually have openly questioned their own election results.”

He is right.
Quote:
Abrams is the poster woman for delegitimizing election results, and Democrats want her for Joe Biden’s running mate. This, by the way, is the only mention Siders makes of Abrams in a lengthy screed about not accepting election results, even though that is literally her main claim to fame. It’s a journalistic absurdity, as is this entire piece and the attempt to inflate yet another conspiracy theory from the Left after the collapse of Russiagate and everything else.

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/05/26/politico-dems-warn-trump-will-undermine-election-results-loss-know/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 05:29 pm
@Region Philbis,

Quote:
oh, right... the revolving door crowd...

Nope. It is not what you say, it is the reality you refuse to accept.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 May, 2020 05:54 pm

Trump Dismisses Widower’s Removal Request Of Tweets About How The Man’s Wife Died

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-widower-letter-twitter_n_5ecd8841c5b6e3f6739dc327

The president seemingly doesn’t care that pushing a false murder scenario hurts the man whose spouse died in an accident.
headshot
By Sebastian Murdock

President Donald Trump acknowledged on Tuesday reading a letter from a widower pleading for Twitter to delete tweets by Trump falsely suggesting the man’s wife was murdered. The president decided to keep promoting the conspiracy theory anyway.

“Yeah, I have [read the letter] but I’m sure that ultimately they want to get to the bottom of it and it’s a very serious situation,” Trump told reporters in the White House Rose Garden Tuesday.

Without elaborating on the “they” he mentioned, he called the 2001 death of the woman “a very suspicious thing and I hope somebody gets to the bottom of it.” Apparently referring to murder charges, he added, “As you know there’s no statute of limitations, so it would be a very good thing to do.”

Trump and his son, Donald Trump Jr., have been using Twitter to fuel the baseless conspiracy theory that suggests MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough might have killed intern Lori Klausutis. The 28-year-old, an intern for Scarborough when he was a Republican House member, died at a Florida office for the lawmakers after she hit her head on a table as she blacked out because of an undiagnosed heart condition.

“Did he get away with murder? Some people think so,” Trump tweeted earlier this month of Scarborough, a one-time friend of his who has become a fierce critic of the president.

Kalusutis’ widower, Timothy, wrote a letter to Twitter last week pleading with the company to remove tweets by the president and Trump Jr. that alluded to the conspiracy. Klausutis wrote that the misinformation was disparaging to his late wife, calling it a “vicious lie.”

“My request is simple: Please delete these tweets,” Klausutis said.

Twitter declined to take action.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, at a Tuesday briefing, deflected several questions about the president’s inflammatory tweets on Kalusutis’ death.

What sick pack of heartless cretins.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 May, 2020 06:13 pm

Trump Takes Heat For Golfing During Pandemic, Blames Obama For Some Reason

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-blames-golf-obama_n_5ecd77cac5b6658c20604c9e

Remarkably, this is even dumber than it sounds.
headshot
By Ryan Grenoble

President Donald Trump was at a golf course in Virginia over Memorial Day weekend, golfing for the 265th time since becoming president as the U.S. death toll from COVID-19 ticked closer to 100,000.

The activity prompted plenty of criticism, which he pushed back against in a handful of tweets Tuesday by blaming former President Barack Obama.

Didn’t Obama, whose Administration has now been caught cold illegally spying on the Trump campaign, recently also get caught playing golf on a course in Virginia, despite his wife Michelle urging people to stay home, before and after his round, in a major public service message?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 26, 2020

....A total double standard. The only thing the Dems have going for them is their very close relationship with the Fake News Lamestream Media!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 26, 2020

Trump apparently feels he’s being held to an unfair “double standard” since Obama also recently went golfing. But one of these men is currently the U.S. president; the other is not.

Obama’s golf game has preoccupied Trump for years, long before Trump even took office.

In December 2011, Trump accused then-President Obama of playing golf “to escape work while America goes down the drain.”

In 2014 he tweeted, “Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.”

As with so many of Trump’s tweets, they’re now starkly hypocritical. The amount of days Trump has spent on a golf course is more than two and a half times Obama’s total at the same point in his first term.

Worse, Trump’s insistence on playing at his own courses means Trump is lining his pockets at taxpayers’ expense every time he hits the links. To date, Trump’s golf tab has cost taxpayers more than $133.8 million ― equal to 334 years of the presidential salary that Trump and his supporters frequently boast he isn’t taking.
RELATED...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 26 May, 2020 06:16 pm

Trump’s 29th Trip To Mar-a-Lago Brings Golf Tab To 334 Years Of Presidential Salary

The president often brags about not taking a paycheck, but his golf hobby has now cost taxpayers $133.8 million.

By S.V. Date

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-golf-mar-a-lago-taxpayers_n_5e4712b9c5b64d860fcab86c

President Donald Trump returned to Mar-a-Lago on Friday evening for the 29th golf-related trip of his presidency to his for-profit Palm Beach, Florida, resort, raising his total taxpayer golf tab to $133.8 million.

That figure translates to 334 years of the presidential salary that Trump and his supporters frequently boast he is not taking.

During Barack Obama’s presidency, Trump frequently claimed he was playing golf too much and at too great an expense to taxpayers.

“I play golf to relax. My company is in great shape. @BarackObama plays golf to escape work while America goes down the drain,” Trump tweeted in December 2011.

“Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf. Worse than Carter,” he wrote three years later.

As he began his own run for the White House, candidate Trump repeatedly promised that golf would never make it onto a President Trump’s schedule. “I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don’t think I’d ever see Turnberry again. I don’t think I’d ever see Doral again,” he told a rally audience in February 2016, referring to his courses in Scotland and Miami. “I don’t ever think I’d see anything. I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

Yet after three years in office, Trump has spent two-and-a-half times as many days on a golf course as Obama had done at the same point in his first term. If Trump plays golf both Saturday and Sunday, he will have played 248 times. Obama by his 1,123rd day in office had played 92 times.
President Donald Trump departs from the White House for a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago on Jan. 31, 2020.

And because Trump insists on playing at courses he owns, the cost to taxpayers has been nearly four times as high as it was for Obama. More than two-thirds of Trump’s golf outings involve seven-figure trips aboard Air Force One, mainly to Florida and New Jersey, but also to Los Angeles, Ireland and Scotland. Obama, in contrast, played most of his golf on courses at military bases within a short drive of the White House.

What’s more, Trump’s insistence on playing at courses he owns and profits from has put at least a few million taxpayer dollars into Trump’s cash registers in the form of hotel room and restaurant charges for the White House staff and Secret Service agents who accompany him.

The Washington Post found recently that Trump’s business has charged the Secret Service as much as $650 a room per night at Mar-a-Lago ― more than three times the normal rate that federal employees are supposed to spend in South Florida ― and $17,000 a month for a cottage at Trump’s Bedminster, New Jersey, resort. During an early Mar-a-Lago visit, White House employees ran up a $1,006 bar tab, which taxpayers also paid.

How many taxpayer dollars precisely are flowing into Trump’s pocket is not known because the White House refuses to detail how many executive branch employees stay at Trump properties and how much they are being billed. The White House on Friday did not respond to HuffPost’s queries on the matter for this weekend’s trip.

The president is the sole beneficiary of the trust that now owns his family business. He promised during his campaign that he would separate himself from the Trump Organization should he win, but reneged on that pledge even before taking office.

Trump similarly promised he would release his tax returns when he ran for president, but he has refused to do that as well.
coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 06:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
$133.8 million

Nowhere near as much as Obama cost us with a terrible economy, race baiting and division. A war on police and the biggest scandal in political history. Not to mention enabling the rise of ISIS and billions of dollars for Iran.

Trump could golf 24/7 and still do a better job than the America hating asshole before him.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 06:34 pm
Quote:
Twitter 'Un-Verifies' Journalist One Hour After He Tweets About Obama Spying On Journalists

Twitter warning!
Quote:
August Takala @AugustTakala

I tweeted this column about the Obama administration spying on journalists at 5:47 Thursday.

Around an hour later, my verification badge magically disappeared.

There is not a better sign that reporter is telling the truth. This is the 1984 Big Brother world progressives want and will do anything to get. Do not let them.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/twitter-un-verifies-journalist-one-hour-after-he-tweets-about-obama-spying-journalists
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 06:44 pm
Quote:
Politico: Democrats are worried the economy is going to recover before the election

Quote:
Earlier today Ed wrote about a concern that has spread among Democrats for several months that President Trump is gearing up to dispute the results of the 2020 election in the case that he loses. But Democrats have another fear that is worrying them according to a story published today at Politico. They worry that Trump might win the election thanks to a quick rebound of the economy.

The person stirring up that concern is Harvard professor Jason Furman who has been arguing since at least April that once the stay-at-home orders are lifted the economy will boom:

The Left swears by academia. How could this guy be wrong?
https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/05/26/politico-democrats-worried-economy-going-recover-election/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 07:19 pm
Quote:
Former CBS News President Confirms Most Cable News Hates You, Trump Supporters

Tell us something we do not know. People who hate promote hate. Their misery demands company. And they are recruiting everyday.
Quote:
To many journalists, objectivity, balance and fairness—once the gold standard of reporting—are not mandatory in a divided political era and in a country they believe to be severely flawed. That assumption folds neatly into their assessment of the president. To the journalists, including more than a few Republicans, he is a blatant vulgarian, an incessant prevaricator, and a dangerous leader who should be ousted next January, if not sooner. Much of journalism has become the clarion voice of the “resistance,” dedicated to ousting the president, even though he was legally elected and, according to the polls, enjoys the support of about 44% of likely 2020 voters.

https://www.redstate.com/slee/2020/05/26/843904/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=843904&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 07:24 pm
Heads up. I expect a flurry of thumbs down very soon. It is a pattern I have noticed. I could be wrong. Up votes will also be inflated
coldjoint

Tue 26 May, 2020 07:30 pm
0 Replies