monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 06:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Now look at the figures: The US figure is GUN violence only, the German figure is ALL murder.

Whaddya expect? Newsflash: Not all deaths resulting from gun violence is murder.

For example, suppose a cop spots a notorious criminal on the streets and gets out of his squad car blastin. He hits 27-30 people in the crowd before he nails his man. Not one of those deaths is "murder." But it was all as the result of "gun violence" because the thug pulled a gun on him to start with.
layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:18 pm
@layman,
And looky here:

Ambrose Bierce wrote:
There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy

Three out of four aint murder, get it?

One reason the US has more gun deaths is because we have second amendment rights are free to smoke any bastard who tries to bust into our crib or otherwise threatens innocent people. Unlike candyass limeys, just for example, we are armed to the teeth.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Rick Wilson

What has that hack done to help?
0 Replies

layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:29 pm
@layman,
Btw, London has a higher murder rate than NYC. How can that be, you might ask, seein as how guns are banned in London?

Because they use knives, that's how. No GUN deaths, to speak of, though.
MontereyJack

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:32 pm
@layman,
He;ll definitely be prosecuted for manslaughter if not murder, assuming the DA is honest, i.e. not a trump protégé.
layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:36 pm
@layman,
Quote:
London's murder rate now tops New York City's

London tallied 15 murders in February and 22 in March, slightly more than New York City for the same two months, which logged 14 in February and 21 in March, according to murder rate statistics provided to USA TODAY by London's Metropolitan Police and the New York Police Department.

In London, the homicide rate has increased as the British capital experiences a rise in knife-related crime — responsible for 31 deaths this year — while New York City's murder rate has steadily dropped for almost three decades. Of the 54 murders in New York City this year, 32 people died by a firearm.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/04/03/londons-murder-rate-higher-than-new-york-citys/480860002/

What was Jack the Ripper's weapon of choice? Hint: It wasn't no guns.

I hear that Krauts lean toward poison and strangulation.
layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:37 pm
@MontereyJack,

MontereyJack wrote:

He;ll definitely be prosecuted for manslaughter if not murder, assuming the DA is honest, i.e. not a trump protégé.

Maybe, but manslaughter still aint murder, which is the whole issue here.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I keep hearing about that, but I do not believe it.

Quote:
In what has since been dubbed the "worst ever" child abuse scandal in British history, as many as 1,000 young local girls may have been groomed for sex by a 200-strong syndicate of British-Asian men. Victims were said to have been trafficked, drugged, beaten, raped and in some cases even murdered.

While the scale of the criminal conspiracy, and the specific offenses involved, predictably sickened members of the public far and wide, so too did allegations local authorities knew about the problem in the early 1990s, and failed to maintain details of abusers in Asian communities for fear of being labeled racist.

Those British-Asian men are Muslims.
https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201804091063289247-uk-muslim-grooming-gangs/
There is all kinds of proof it happened, ask Izzy.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:46 pm
@layman,
You'll notice that's from 2018, and it turns out it was based on just TWO months of 2018, but if you look at all of 2018, or 2017 or 2016 NY beaty out London for murders by quite a bit. Just another phony gunbunny stat.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-murder-rate-new-york-compare-worse-stabbings-knife-crime-teenagers-statistics-figures-a8286866.html
MontereyJack

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:56 pm
@layman,
the issue is gun violence.
layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 07:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well, the only source you cite says this here, eh?

Quote:
So is it really true that London’s murder rate is now higher than New York’s? Yes, but only if you look at the last two months – which some commentators think is way too short a time frame.

So were February and March 2018 just blips? Possibly...But what is alarming is that the statistics seem to suggest that young people are being killed in increasing numbers, in a trend related to what looks like a spike in knife crime.

There have been 31 fatal stabbings in London so far this year, 30 of them in the first quarter. As The Independent has reported, that equates to a rate of a deadly stabbing in the capital every three days.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 08:18 pm
Then again, it would be entertaining to see the reaction of some criminal trying to creep into my crib while I was standing behind the door when he suddenly heard me fire up the chainsaw, eh?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 08:37 pm
It's getting steadily clearer that oralloy isn't the only sociopath around here.
MontereyJack

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 08:40 pm
@coldjoint,
People with guns are violent, much more violent than just plain people are. Duh.
MontereyJack

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 08:43 pm
@layman,
so it's taking two months as indicative of a whole year. Faulty grasp of statistics.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 09:16 pm
In any reasonable party, the question would simply be who's best qualified, not what their sex was, eh?

Quote:
Biden shoots down Cuomo as VP pick, says it's 'important' that a woman be his running mate

During the coronavirus outbreak, Cuomo has been seen by many as a political star among Democrats for his handling of the crisis in his state. Some have even floated the idea that he should be Biden's vice presidential pick.

"I think that Governor Cuomo is capable of being president. I think he's a great guy, but I also think that it's important that there be a woman," Biden responded. "And I'm gonna stick with that."

Of course Biden, the sexual predator, also has to try to convince women that he actually cares about them, so.....

0 Replies

Lash

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 09:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
An untrue generality with no basis in fact.
Again.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 09:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
It's getting steadily clearer that oralloy isn't the only sociopath around here.

Wouldn't it better to call him a sociopath when you are talking to him?