monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 12:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Bless you Walter for your patience and common sense and your empathy towards the willfully ignorant.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 12:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Mr. Savage, the conservative radio host, is still loyal to President Trump but says right-wing media got it all wrong by doubting the severity of the coronavirus early on.

Why Michael Savage Is Blasting Hannity and the Right-Wing Media on the Virus
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 12:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
your empathy towards the willfully ignorant.

Take a look at the problems Islam is causing in Germany and Western Europe and call somebody else willfully ignorant.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 12:41 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
The people who want to continue the shutdown want government dependence.
Saving lifes is not a crime, and most people think stopping the virus should be a government's top priority.

But that really might be different in the USA.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 12:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Saving lifes is not a crime,

And either is common sense. People are taught hygiene at an early age and social distancing is a fairly easy concept to understand. People like to take care of themselves, at least the people I know do.
MontereyJack

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:01 pm
@coldjoint,
so you agree the right wing morons who tied up Lansing yesterday are morons?
0 Replies

nononono

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:02 pm
@coldjoint,
the downvote abuse of conservatives hasn't changed one bit since I've been gone from a2k
livinglava

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

coldjoint wrote:
The people who want to continue the shutdown want government dependence.
Saving lifes is not a crime, and most people think stopping the virus should be a government's top priority.

But that really might be different in the USA.

How many pharmaceutical and other medical supply companies have been donating free drugs and supplies to save lives?

Are you saying that government's top priority should be to spend money on pharmaceuticals and medical supplies or that they should be commandeering those drugs and supplies at no cost because the situation warrants it?
Walter Hinteler

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:08 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
How many pharmaceutical and other medical supply companies have been donating free drugs and supplies to save lives?

Are you saying that government's top priority should be to spend money on pharmaceuticals and medical supplies or that they should be commandeering those drugs and supplies at no cost because the situation warrants it?
I have no idea when and where I said such.
Besides that, I neither mentioned pharmaceutical nor other medical supply companies.
farmerman

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Trumpis are pre programmed to take heed from him whenever he repeats and repeats a phrase over and over. He is a smart used car salesman, but thats all he is. He knows that by repeating a lie,
somehow magically turns it into a fact predigested to feed his acolytes
livinglava

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

livinglava wrote:

I have no idea when and where I said such.
Besides that, I neither mentioned pharmaceutical nor other medical supply companies.

You implied saving lives should be government's top priority, so my questions to you are:

1) should saving lives be a priority to medical suppliers and pharmaceutical companies above revenue, i.e. so they donate needed drugs and supplies for free?

2) if government makes saving lives top priority, should they do so by paying top dollar for health care, supplies, and drugs; or should they do so by commandeering supplies, drugs, and other health care resources, i.e. by simply ordering them to work and paying them at a later time when the situation is conducive to doing so?

I personally don't like the idea of going into debt to save lives. Why should some people be making money while others drown in debt because there's a health crisis? Shouldn't everyone be contributing without money as a motive?
coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:22 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
He knows that by repeating a lie,

What does the MSM do? They repeated lies for over three years. You are projecting. It is not working.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:23 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
You implied saving lives should be government's top priority,
I made a bad typo, but I didn't say that nor did I imply such.

I [typo corrected] wrote:
Saving lives is not a crime, and most people think stopping the virus should be a government's top priority.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:23 pm
@coldjoint,
Quite honestly, Germany does a good job of keeping the lid on extremists. Unlike the US who had more more Christians gunned down in Churches by other, extremist Christians in a hand full of incidents over a couple of years than Germany has had by Moslem and Neo-Nazi over the last couple of decades. I'd feel safer in Berlin than I would in a biker neighborhood in any US town.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:25 pm
@nononono,
What do you have against free speech when others exercise it, too? You want thumbs up and a handshake, go back to Breitbart and Freeper.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Quite honestly, Germany does a good job of keeping the lid on extremists.

Bullshit.
coldjoint

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
What do you have against free speech when others exercise it, too

He never said he had anything against free speech. Do not put words in others mouths.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:30 pm
@coldjoint,
Compare the numbers. Hell, McVay all by himself killed more people (and people of color including children) than Muslims have killed in Germany since WWII.

You need to pay better attention.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:31 pm
@coldjoint,
Thumbing down is free speech, don't you go cheapen his words.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Muslims have killed in Germany since WWII.
Religious affiliation is not requested in Germany in court proceedings. Thus, it's just more or less speculation how many Catholics or Protestants or Muslims or ... killed others. (Religious identity is one of the most personal things about a person here ... besides on tax forms where it is included due the church tax we have to pay.)