monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 11:00 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
FS, find a candidate in the DNC without a history of bribery and corruption.

Find a candidate currently in the white house without a history of fraud and corrupyion
coldjoint

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 11:04 pm
Quote:
I have posted this chart, now updated with today’s numbers, several times before. It is simple: it shows, from left to right, the average number of annual deaths attributed to the seasonal flu, worldwide, according to the World Health Organization; the number of global COVID-19 deaths to date, per the same organization; the number of deaths attributed to seasonal flu in the U.S. two years ago, the 2017-2018 season; and U.S. COVID-19 deaths to date. Click to enlarge:

https://i2.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/04/Screen-Shot-2020-04-10-at-5.47.59-PM.png?resize=600%2C213&ssl=1
Quote:
Worldwide, the COVID-19 fatalities add up to just under 20% of an average flu season. In the U.S., COVID-19 fatalities to date are 26% of the number that we suffered just two flu seasons ago. I am not sure why these numbers are not more widely known. They seem relevant to me.

Crudely speaking, if we assume that the U.S. is around 50% of the way through the COVID-19 epidemic, we might expect something like 33,000 fatalities, equal to an average seasonal flu year. An inevitable second round of infections after our governments finally let people go back to work, and out in public, may raise that number, but no one I know of has tried to guess to what extent. Still, any way you look at it, it is hard to see how COVID-19 deaths will exceed the flu fatalities we experienced two years ago. And that was barely a news story.

A final thought: What will happen when the catastrophic shutdown orders under which most of us have been living are finally lifted, in May or June? Since sheltering in place was only intended to delay the virus’s spread, not to prevent it, we should assume that COVID infection and death numbers will rise dramatically. But what if they don’t? Won’t that be strong evidence that the states’ extreme shutdown measures were not needed in the first place? Don’t expect any politicians to make the point, but I think the answer is Yes.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/04/the-pandemic-where-we-stand-now.php?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sw&utm_campaign=sw
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 10 Apr, 2020 11:12 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Find a candidate currently in the white house without a history of fraud and corrupyion

Every single attempt by the DNC, including impeachment, has failed to find a single indictable offense committed by your President.

It's almost four years now, and Pelosi and Shciffty, are still trying. If they were genuinely on the side of the American people, they'd be focused on the next election cycle, rather than trying to take down their Prez, you'd think?
roger

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 12:03 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Every single attempt by the DNC, including impeachment, has failed to find a single indictable offense committed by your President.

Sounds picky, I suppose but they did. He was indicted, you know.
Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 12:15 am
@roger,
Quote:
He was indicted, you know.

And he was exonerated, you know?

That's how the law works, right?

Accusations of that nature, should actually carry an onus of responsibility, which is probably why Pelosi dragged here heels a lot, to find out if her ass was grass, when the **** can got tossed back at them.
coluber2001

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 12:57 am
@Builder,
Yeah, yeah. And OJ was innocent. Maybe he really was, you think? And OJ is devoting the rest of his life to find the real killer.
Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 01:08 am
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Maybe he really was, you think?

I've never looked at that case, but we all know what happened to Martin Luther King, don't we?

And both cases have sweet **** all to do with this conversation. Right?

0 Replies

roger

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 01:08 am
@Builder,
Hey, the choice of words was yours.
Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 01:43 am
@roger,
Quote:
Hey, the choice of words was yours.

Hey, the legal system that exonerated him was yours.
izzythepush

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 02:11 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

ever hear of sheep?

This is what they're getting up to in Wales right now.

A bit of levity during these peculiar times.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 03:48 am
Why not just use the "ignore" function?
Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 03:49 am
@hightor,
I prefer the "report" function, while studiously ignoring the baits.

Meh! Works for me.
Lash

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 03:55 am
@hightor,
You don’t. Why should I? I can see you prefer a different standard of freedom than you suggest for me, but I prefer equality.

You first.
Lash

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 03:57 am
@Builder,
I tried report for five years.
I’m going with ‘turnabout is fair play’ now.
Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 04:04 am
@Lash,
When I tried that, got the boot for six weeks or so.

Seems like the table is tilted here.
Lash

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 04:06 am
@Builder,
No ****.
Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 04:08 am
@Lash,
They play on it, for sure, but madam shill got a few weeks in the can, when she went overboard.

See if you do us all a favour, and push him over the edge.
Lash

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 04:12 am
@Builder,
They write the rules. I don’t think they’ll ever bend them toward me. I’m just not assuming the position silently anymore. Why are the rules different for me? It’s just not ok.

Let them say what they want. Me too.
Lash

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 04:18 am
Incisive discussion about the authoritarian bureaucratic controls of our dystopia.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 04:23 am
@Lash,
What rules?

Nobody is telling you to do anything, there's been a bit on to-ing and fro-ing but nobody has said you can't do anything.

You're upset because, with the possible exception of Edgar, nobody left of centre believes your claims about your Damascene conversion to left wing politics. That's why your supporters are all right wing, Builder, GBob, Coldjoint, etc. etc.